Transformers Were meant to be:

Hunter Rose

Let's chat.

G1 - Originally, Cybertronians never met organic lifeform before. This could be that they didn't have the opportunity to do so or are extremely xenophobic and abhored alien contact. So when the Transformers crash landed on Earth, it was not because it was by choice, but by necessity. Teletran 1 scanned for "native mechanical lifeforms" for the Transformers to take an alt mode from so that they can disguise themselves.

Pretenders and Nebulons came later. Pretender technology was designed to infiltrate (in both the NorAm and Japanese versions of the story,) while Nebulons (NorAM) were meant to be additional components that enhanced the Transformer they are "binary bonded" with - Transectors in Japan, however, were supposed to be mindless bodies, while the head/engine/weapon contained the actual personality of the robot.

Beast Wars - The Predacon and the Maximals had to adopt organic forms originally to protect themselves from the high Energon level of prehistoric Earth.

Beast Machines - a flakey attempt to indoctrinate the masses of New Agism. The whole "Cybertron has an organic core" reeks of pseudo-religious content and a self-righteous world perspective (most likely from the fundamentalist environmentalism mentality of the writers.) Of the three, Beast Machine is the most out of place in terms of continuity, logic, and reasoning. If Cybertron was originally organic and if the "life force" of its organic component is so powerful (as seen in the last episode of Beast Machine,) why was it so easily suppressed and contained? If techno-organisms were superior, why would neither side adopt it to up the ante in the arms race between the two factions? Ever since G1, organic enhancement were a fact and a record, so what happened? This was not explained nor explored in Beast Machine during its run (the dialogue was riddled with semi-religous rants.) This is part of the reason why Beast Machines failed to lived up to its potential.

Yeah, as you can tell, I am not a Beast Machines fan. Sorry about the rant.

Let's

It's not new agism, they're just lazy... they based the whole "cyb's is organic" from the ending of G1, and turned it into a full season, actually making it BETTER in the process.... kinda like I Can't Believe it's not CRAP! butter

Are you talking about "Rebirth?" If you are, I don't think "Rebirth" said anything about Cybertron being organic - only that "the second golden age of Cybertron" would be brought about by an organic.

Do you guys ever wonder how Spike comes to what he does for a living? I mean, he started out working in some construction site. He never went to college or some post secondary education. So how the heck did he know how to make Fortress Maximus at the end of "Rebirth"?!?! If he's that smart, why is he a mere Earth Ambassador to Cybertron? Hell, maybe I should start working in construction....

Re: the G1 Kids - When Spike met Carly, Carly was already graduated from some Tech school (her adeptness with electronics and computer) and Chip was a computer engineering prodigy - which makes you wonder how old the "kids" were in G1.

spike was 14 and Carly was 15 acourding to the Series Bible. In the JPN Contuity Spike Never built a Giant spacefaring Robot of Doom, one of the many perks.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh BTW best quote of the thread:

i highly doubt there were any organic elements in these animals and were purley made by the quintessons because theyre just friggen weirdos.

Funny as hell, but you gotta think: Variety is good. If YOU could just reach up your butt and yank out some transforming robot creating magic wand, what would you do with it?  Create nothing but humanoid robots and leave it at that, or start experimenting with different forms?  Personally, Ive been waiting for a few more bots with no humanoid form, like the tapes, Sky Lynx, Trypticon, etc.  Not a whole series full of them, but just a handful to spice things up a bit.

I have to agree, if only from a practical standpoint. Why design robots that would have such a high center of gravity, and which would need to expend so much energy just to move around (and not topple over)? I've always thought that humanoid-shaped robots was kind of a dumb idea. If something's mechanical, then stop trying to pretend it isn't. Put the thing on wheels or treads. Make it low to the ground. And so on.

I have to agree, if only from a practical standpoint. Why design robots that would have such a high center of gravity, and which would need to expend so much energy just to move around (and not topple over)? I've always thought that humanoid-shaped robots was kind of a dumb idea. If something's mechanical, then stop trying to pretend it isn't. Put the thing on wheels or treads. Make it low to the ground. And so on.

Well the Autobots were consumer products sold to humanoid customers, so they were selling C-3P0s. If you look the Japanese are trying to design humanoid robots.

In the comics they were created by Primus who was originally a humanoid, so they were designed in his image.

Primus was created by Primacron, an alien, who was (to my knowledge) in no way humanoid... wouldn't Primus be the same way?

In the comics Primus and Unicron were created by the One to explore the universe. Primus looked like a human Rodimus Prime.

http://www.thetransformers.de/content/images/primus.jpg

If you look the Japanese are trying to design humanoid robots.

that's mostly the resault of the japanese's human-superiority complex rather than practicallity.

I using that to say that maybe the Quint's customers wanted humanoid robots for the same reasons.

Primus was created by Primacron, an alien, who was (to my knowledge) in no way humanoid... wouldn't Primus be the same way?

In the comics Primus and Unicron were created by the One to explore the universe. Primus looked like a human Rodimus Prime.

http://www.thetransformers.de/content/images/primus.jpg

FOR-SHADOW'D

Archived