Transformers Were meant to be:

Hunter Rose

Transformers have always mimicked Organic life. Instead of cells and organs, they have pumps and Nanobots coursing through their energon tubes. Even back in G1 days Prime or some other character stated that thier body has already begun internal self repair. They even have digestive systems, Some more advance than others I'd assume. I would imagine that one of their pumps is able to create some type of acid that can break down the thoughest of elements and turn it into energon for the host. Remember that the Insecticons could eat organic foods and metals.

Another thing we found out with BW is that TFs have a seperate harddrive other than their own brain and that thier sparks also hold the character's personality. TFs arent fricking immortal. Not only can they replace their body parts or transfer to new bodies altogether but they have a definite after life, the Matrix. Once they go back to the Matrix their personality and knowledge is dispersed or kept whole. So any bot could potentially be born again at any time. Like when the arielbots were born and they knew their names already. Saying stuff like "I think my name is________"(I forget) Sort of like when Silverbolt on BW said the same thing.

I'm rambling so I'll stop now.

They dont so much 'mimick' organic life, as much as they are patterned after it. Remember, both factions were a product line. Probably sold to both mechanical and organic races by the Quints. Which would explain bots with animal forms and no robot mode (more of a pet, or guard dog kind of thing) as well as those with humanoid faces and/or female forms so as to seem more familiar to their target market, as well as those that wore battle masks and/or visors which were either sold to other robotic races, or simply as military hardware. The nanobots, pumps, etc well that only makes sense for maintaining such a large and complex machine as a TF that would pretty much need ongoing maintenance.  Just like our bodies need the little critters inside to flush out the viruses and heal us also.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They dont so much 'mimick' organic life, as much as they are patterned after it. Remember, both factions were a product line. Probably sold to both mechanical and organic races by the Quints. Which would explain bots with animal forms and no robot mode (more of a pet, or guard dog kind of thing) as well as those with humanoid faces and/or female forms so as to seem more familiar to their target market, as well as those that wore battle masks and/or visors which were either sold to other robotic races, or simply as military hardware. The nanobots, pumps, etc well that only makes sense for maintaining such a large and complex machine as a TF that would pretty much need ongoing maintenance.  Just like our bodies need the little critters inside to flush out the viruses and heal us also.

I've been racking my brain trying to explain why Buzzsaw, Laserbeak, and Ravage had animal forms. I like your take on it.  :thumb

I've been racking my brain trying to explain why Buzzsaw, Laserbeak, and Ravage had animal forms. I like your take on it.  :thumb

If you recall, Laserbeak wasn't a condor (or whatever) in MTMTE prior to coming to Earth. Their "robot" modes were changed to resemble earth animals, for some unexplained reason.

All I really have to say about this is:

If you want, there's some retcon material in G1 Season 3, with the episode "Dweller in the Depths". One could also infer that the Quintessons did not create Cybertron from nothing, but rather used an existing planet as the foundation for their robot factory. But of course that's never explicitly stated in G1. However, it does seem to me that certain of the Quintessons do indeed have organic elements. But again, imparting any significance to that takes you into the land o' retcon.

In BW, the writers just weren't that picky about what the TFs could and couldn't do. Which is why they were occasionally shown eating stuff, as opposed to refueling on Energon -- PERIOD!! :P And yeah, the original BW guys were plain ol' robots with organic shells like Pretenders, but the Transmetals were like a more primitive version of the technorganic BM Maximals. They had organic elements incorporated into their robot forms *only*, though. The BM Maximals had organic and inorganic elements incorporated into both their robot and beast modes.

Ultimately, I think it's a fruitless venture to try to retcon G1, BW, and BM together. All three shows give you a different idea of what it means to be a Cybertronian, and indeed a Transformer. Which is okay with me, but it might give some people fits. Oh well :tfgrin

If you recall, Laserbeak wasn't a condor (or whatever) in MTMTE prior to coming to Earth. Their "robot" modes were changed to resemble earth animals, for some unexplained reason.

Yeah, he was a flying thingamajig that came out of Soundwave's chest.... he had a head (sorta) and 3 engine things on his back.... his wings were more like rounded fins. His form seems more like that of a drone than anything else.

Well.... there goes my 5 minute satisfaction of knowing about those robotic animal forms.  :stone  :tard  :(

If you want, there's some retcon material in G1 Season 3, with the episode "Dweller in the Depths". One could also infer that the Quintessons did not create Cybertron from nothing, but rather used an existing planet as the foundation for their robot factory. But of course that's never explicitly stated in G1. However, it does seem to me that certain of the Quintessons do indeed have organic elements. But again, imparting any significance to that takes you into the land o' retcon.

i always thought of the Quintessons as similar to the Dialeks from "Dr. Who": a race of organic life forms that experimented with cybernetic technology as a means of improving their bodies.

Except Ravage! He's always looked the same even on cybertron! That puts the ole Kibosh on your theories!

*requests hornet make some outlandish claim just for old times sake*

The only cassette dude we saw in MTMTE pre-going to earth was Laserbeak tho... Ravage first showed up when he was sent out to PWN two of those hardhat-wearing dudes.

Unless you were talking about Bela Lugosi Ravage...

I think I remember seeing a Marvel comic's Ravage on cybertron before the take off and he was a jaguar and talking like a normal bot.

I think I remember seeing a Marvel comic's Ravage on cybertron before the take off and he was a jaguar and talking like a normal bot.

Madhammer = comic ignorant

Did they show the TFs with different alt modes on Cybertron in the comic?

Yes, a few. Prime had a weird tank mode. Most of the Ark bots were not shown until they woke up on Earth though.

Archived