Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Girls and your Collection

Recommended Posts

But, by the same token, you can’t start telling her all the little nerdy details of our hobby. “Hey baby, did you know that Optimus Prime is 50 feet tall in robot mode and has an intelligence factor of 10?�

 

lol ive got this image in my head of me walking into a bar and asking a girl if she likes the look of my superion maximus

:lol you never know, it might work

  • Replies 191
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most of the girls that I know, don't know that I collect transformers. Most people know I just have lots of CDs (music)

*has 405 store bought cds and 457 store bought dvds

speaking of cds. Anyone listen to dj quik? He has a shoutout to bumblebee on "fandango". Someone should start a thread on artists that mention TFormers in their songs.

And actually some girls like to here stories about some of the robots. I just don't reccomend spouting off the robots stats

Chicks dig my collection. I make them call me "Prime".

i started collecting about the time my ex-gf broke up with me (i had about 4 bots at the time).  she moved all the way across the country to be with her family.

 

anyway, the other day we were talking on the phone, and i mentioned that i was in a store looking for transformers.

 

GF: MORE transformers?  how many of those things do you have now?

 

me: i don't know.  quite a few i guess.

 

GF: you don't have, like, an entire SHELF full of them do you?

 

i tried not to spit my drink out.

Generally (For the single men ((God bless any single women who have this problem)) something like I collect (blank) does not come up till later in the relationship.  Unless your like a custom car or mink coat collector, the collection might not be one of the strong points to bring up that would make the average girl go COOL you collect TOYS?!?!  (Unless again they are totally into it). 

 

At that point, some ill readings of wonder from the prospective girl (again for the reverse probably will not be much of a problem, unless you picked up a total sport dude)  she might stand there and go "Transformers?  That's for kids..." Which might start the argument about how much you spend on toys, vs how many say designer $1,000 purses she has...ugly.  OR the flip to that saying how it could be worse, could be something kinda weird for a guy like my pretty pony's...or dead bugs...

 

Then there is the denial phase, where feeling stupid some men would be like "Well its just a hobby, and it doesn't cost all that much, also its worth a small fortune!" and at the drop of a hat, we're speeding off to the toy store to scrounge for a damned $20 alternators DepthC that you can't find cause scalpers SUCK and your all mad, which makes her think its something she did... meanwhile your complaining about higher gas prices and how much is being spent eating out every other day...and yet $20 a pop for an alternator (or worse) is somehow cool...

 

So there is understanding that its something the collector likes...and so do kids.

There's the understanding that its like an obsession...and might not be healthy but could be worse. 

 

Will "She" understand?  After thinking about it stepping back, I don't know if I do, but to quote the apple jacks commercial...we eat (or collect and do) what we like!

 

And in this world, there isn't always all that much that will make one happy (and thats like legal).

 

It helps a lot if you happen to find someone who also collects SOMETHING unusual, for example my Girl collects TAZ stuff and even has a tattoo...so she gets it and thank GOD she does.  Xmas I get TF's and she gets TAZ and we don't have to share...heh. 

 

And again GOD BLESS THE LADY TRANSFORMER FANS!!!!  For the rest of you single people and kinda giving some validity to the TF universe as not a "Guy trying to recap his childhood" thing. 

I don't make any secret of my hobby, really.  I'm not as into collecting as a lot of people here, so it's not that big a deal, really.  I have a little over 2 shelves worth of TFs, and I don't buy them all that often.  To be fair, though, I have been out of work for some time.  Myspace is a popular site among my peers, so the chances are pretty good that any girl I'm interested in will be a member of the site.  Bearing this in mind, I actually put a picture of my collection in my profile.  This way, there are no surprises.

 

Well, relatively speaking.

Most of the girls that I know, don't know that I collect transformers. Most people know I just have lots of CDs (music)

*has 405 store bought cds and 457 store bought dvds

 

I say that because most people know me (locally) as a DJ and a concert promoter, and that I know computers and am a big time hockey fanatic. I don't really talk to people about Transformers because no one I know really seems to care about them much.

Well, I got to know my girlfriend pretty well as "just a good friend" before we started dating, so she was already aware of my hobbies and stuff.  To her, as long as it doesn't interfere with the relationship, it's all good.

 

I have yet to encounter any girl that would actually be either a) impressed or b) interested in TF's.  Most of the time, I get the "Oh, wasn't that some cartoon from the old days?" And the conversation ends there.

Girls completely ignore my collection.  Most of it is stored away anyway but they'll walk right past unicron as if he isn't even there. Probably because they don't want to be ridiculed by him during their walk of shame out of my apartment the next morning.

Walk of shame???  :rofl  :tflaugh1

 

My wife doesn't mind because my collection is not that big.  She's all in on the

dvd's.  She's bought at least 3 G1 box sets without me having to say a word.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.