Transformers Cybertron cartoon

Jaguaratron

Why do hasbro persist in hiring voicebox to to the voice acting for the transformers cartoon, hasbro themselves admit they are not happy with them and yet here they get yet another transformer series to screw up.  I have literally just seen the intro and its already driving me nuts. I pray that they will not do the next series :(

*edit* 5 minutes in and the hate is building :(

*edit* 10 mins in and the combination of cgi and piss poor voice acting is relegating this to energon staus :(

*edit* yep its so bad I cant watch it anymore, super wooden voice acting and cyber keys that just appear at random and latch onto them??? The Japanese should stick to designing the transformer toys and leave the series cartoon well alone

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow sounds wicked lame. (waits for movie cartoon) remember jaguaratron if you need a decent tf fix for shows get the rid set or the undubbed but properly subbed headmasters set at the end of the month

Why do hasbro persist in hiring voicebox to to the voice acting for the transformers cartoon, hasbro themselves admit they are not happy with them and yet here they get yet another transformer series to screw up.  I have literally just seen the intro and its already driving me nuts. I pray that they will not do the next series :(

*edit* 10 mins in and the combination of cgi and piss poor voice acting is relegating this to energon staus :(

*edit* yep its so bad I cant watch it anymore, super wooden voice acting and cyber keys that just appear at random and latch onto them??? The Japanese should stick to designing the transformer toys and leave the series cartoon well alone

Out of curiosity, which episode were you watching?

Out of curiosity, which episode were you watching?

todays on toonami, i assume it was number 2 as it was supposed to have started on the 5th

wow sounds wicked lame. (waits for movie cartoon)

I'd say watch an episode or two before you write it off. The show is not everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoy it myself and consider it a huge improvement over Armada and Energon.

The CGI is a little better but not enough to offset the voice acting which sounds totally disjointed, it sounds as if (as they are) they were recorded in a silent studio and spliced together but the fact remains that they certainly shouldnt, no other cartoon goes down such a path.  There is just no integration, feeling or emotion in it, its not voice acting, its just reading in a weird voice

I like the show. I finally saw it this weekend and the opening was amazing to me. I love the selection of clips they went with for the opening sequence. Seeing Overdrive transform and skid was cool, Thundercracker transforming with his head slowly rising and then Ransack's smirk. This may sound crazy but I love the new theme remix. It feels way more official than the last 3 remakes. The only thing I didn't like, is it was one of those slow moving, set up episode with no significant action or story progression. It was the Haven Ep. '

One thing I really like about the show is, the toy accurate, real time transformations. Seeing Hotshot transform exactly like the real toy in great detail was exciting for me. It brings home the fact the toys are so much cooler than when I was a kid. I would have loved to have these toys and this show when I was younger. I'm not gonna lie, US writers would be nice.

What makes you think it's random now?

It takes away from my veiwing pleasure when I have to read instead of watching the beautiful action.

Archived