Transformers Cybertron cartoon

Jaguaratron

There's one character with an Australian accent, Jetfire. The rest have Southern U.S. accents (Scattorshot, Thundercracker), British accents (Red alert), quasi-French accents (Backstop), or no accent at all (the majority of the characters). It makes the characters a little more distinct. People also tend to forget that many G1 characters had accents as well.

i enjoy not just the accents but the variety of acents.  you forgot Landmine (bronx), and overhaul (new orleans?).  I don't know what they did with Undermine's voice but he sounds really cool.  Same with Dirt boss.  Ovveride's also had a bit of an accent.  and Backstop either has an african or Jamaican accent. 

Either way, I actually like the variety of voice acting in this show and have always seen the voice acting in TF as some of the best out there.  I could never put as much emotion into voices like some of these guys.  and you say these are the worst?  well direct me to some better shows please, I wanna hear them!

anyone here know exactly what kind of accent overhaul has?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The CGI is a little better but not enough to offset the voice acting which sounds totally disjointed, it sounds as if (as they are) they were recorded in a silent studio and spliced together but the fact remains that they certainly shouldnt, no other cartoon goes down such a path.  There is just no integration, feeling or emotion in it, its not voice acting, its just reading in a weird voice

Actually the since the show is originally made in Japan and then brought over here and dubbed the problem is that they've done a lousy job syncing things and they didn't bother putting much effort into the overall dub.  If you watch and episode in the original japanese everything syncs, of course then you can't understand them.  Which is why i look for subbed versions of msot anime when I can.

There's one character with an Australian accent, Jetfire. The rest have Southern U.S. accents (Scattorshot, Thundercracker), British accents (Red alert), quasi-French accents (Backstop), or no accent at all (the majority of the characters). It makes the characters a little more distinct. People also tend to forget that many G1 characters had accents as well.

i enjoy not just the accents but the variety of acents.  you forgot Landmine (bronx), and overhaul (new orleans?).  I don't know what they did with Undermine's voice but he sounds really cool.  Same with Dirt boss.  Ovveride's also had a bit of an accent.  and Backstop either has an african or Jamaican accent. 

Either way, I actually like the variety of voice acting in this show and have always seen the voice acting in TF as some of the best out there.  I could never put as much emotion into voices like some of these guys.  and you say these are the worst?  well direct me to some better shows please, I wanna hear them!

anyone here know exactly what kind of accent overhaul has?

Family Guy, Simpsons, South Park all have Exceptional VA - so much so - that you probably dont even think about VA (and you shouldnt - same with acting -you only notice when something is wrong - and cyberton is really wrong). 

i would also point to Feautures like Shrek and Incredibles - Phenomenal Voice work there.

Look at Donkey - annoying as all F*** - and i dont like Eddie Murphy - but when you watch shrek - do you think about Murphy?  Do you think about the lip syncs?

no - you think about what this annoying little Sh** is going to do next.

Lets see i really dont watch a lot of kids cartoons but i would also point to Ren&Stimpy and Sponge Bob for *Normal Kids Cartoons* with really great VA.

Or if i wanna get all elitist - Damn! check out the old WB cartoons!! Mel Blanks....

Hunter

First off, where are you getting 'Voicebox' from?  I thought the VA's for BW, BM, Armada, Energon and Cybertron were done by The Ocean group.  Next, this cartoon has awful flaws, from the horrible facial expressions, the very bad mixing of CGI and tradional animation, and a plot that doesn't seem to fit in with any of the past series.  This is the first time I ever saw Ocean do a 'parody script', and it hurts me to watch.  A parody script is when the company responsible for writing the scripts of the show tries to squeeze in non-sensical jokes whenever you can't see the mouth move, or when they just need something to fill in the lip flap.  Duel Masters is the biggest offender I can think of:

http://www.wizards.com/duelmasters/.../movies/117.mov

During the launch sequence on Cybertron, all the characters now make stupid little comments because there is no mouth movement on camera.  For example:

Jetfire: "This seems awfully complicated just for a launch."

Optimus: "3rd floor, housewares."

Combine all that with all of a sudden swapping VA's for characters they've been doing for years (Jetfire), and giving them pointless accents.

(They said they wanted an Aussie accent for Jetfire this time, and turned down Scott McNeil, WHO IS AUSTRALIAN)

First off, where are you getting 'Voicebox' from? 

research on things I hear ;) http://www.crystalacids.com/database/recor...roductions.html and http://www.voiceboxproductions.com/ Koko productions is an affilate / subsidiary

I am also coming to the conclusion its not the voice actors fault, some of them have done good work before, i feel mainly its direct translations which just doesnt gel in a western mindset or story and seriously piss poor editing, I doubt the VAs . 

Simple fact is its not a good cartoon, the CN knows this which is why its been pulled and yet things like Spongebob and so on with goes from strength to strength with coherant writing (western writing for the western market) and good emotive VA

a plot that doesn't seem to fit in with any of the past series.

I do believe it is a bad move on Hasbro's part to try to shoehorn Cybertron into the Armada/Energon continuity. It works fine on its own, but if Hasbro is so hellbent on making it a continuation, they need to come up with answers to the many questions that pop up by doing so. I can come up with some time distortion explanation caused by the black hole or Vector Prime's arrival, but I shouldn't have to go to such lengths.

I prefer to think of Cybertron as a continuation of an alternate Armada/Energon universe. We have two Armada/Energon universes already (cartoon and comic), so why not have one more?  :tfgrin

During the launch sequence on Cybertron, all the characters now make stupid little comments because there is no mouth movement on camera.  For example:

Jetfire: "This seems awfully complicated just for a launch."

Optimus: "3rd floor, housewares."

It makes the stock footage of the launch, which has shown up in pretty much EVERY episode so far, a little more tolerable. I consider the lines above, and lines like it, to be one of the main reasons I enjoy the Cybertron dub of the show so much. Why are people so against humor in a Transformers show?

Combine all that with all of a sudden swapping VA's for characters they've been doing for years (Jetfire), and giving them pointless accents.

I do agree that suddenly giving accents to characters that are supposed to have been characters on Armada and Energon is a bad idea. This is another reason why I consider it a continuation of an alternate Armada/Energon universe (the explanation provided by Hasbro that Jetfire spent a lot of time with Nebulans, who happen to have something similar to Australian accents, just doesn't cut it for me).

(They said they wanted an Aussie accent for Jetfire this time, and turned down Scott McNeil, WHO IS AUSTRALIAN)

I didn't know that Scott McNeil was Australian. That is pretty stupid.

if they want good people to like the story and for us not to complain about it they should get they people who do the fan subbs to write a script that suits

BTW i'm still hoping to win that 20th prime from you jag, if it doesn't go for the price you've reserved it for just let me know and i'll buy it off you for that :thumb

Archived