Transformers Cybertron cartoon

Jaguaratron

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*edit* yep its so bad I cant watch it anymore, super wooden voice acting and cyber keys that just appear at random and latch onto them??? The Japanese should stick to designing the transformer toys and leave the series cartoon well alone

What makes you think it's random now?

Jetfire was fighting Thundercracker and protecting human jets and then for no reason whatsoever a vortex appeared and the cyber key appeared, seems pretty random to me.

Of course alien technology would seem random to our puny human minds. No offense, it's kinda ignorant to think otherwise.

Of course alien technology would seem random to our puny human minds. No offense, it's kinda ignorant to think otherwise.

:lol its totally random to the transformers too who apprantly didnt know why their power was boosted, "whoa, was that a cyber key?" did you even see it?

Don't blame the Japanese for Cybertron, they made a good cartoon...

Americans are the one's who shat on it. Seriously, I don't see why anyone wants to but the reigns back in North American hands(even though they still have a lot of control over it now)...

That just seems like a dumb move and I've seen some pretty dumb moves.

yep I agree, they make great cartoons which is why I said that thye should stay away from the Transformer cartoon and not a generic "America makes the best cartoons" 

The Japanese however, do not think the way most in the west does, this coupled to piss poor and lazy translation (almost direct translation as opposed to working the story for a more coherant and wester viewpoint) and abysmal voice acting makes it cringeworthy in my eyes.  I can happily watch cartoons all day but this is so annoying I would sooner watch anything else.  I feel that the Japanese would do a better job translating and voice acting an american cartoon, lets face it they cant do much worse

Complain complain complain. I think it's time for a few people to find a new hobby, cause this one just doesn't seem to be working about for them. :wtf

My complaint is merely due to the fact I had assumed hasbro would have lent on voicebox as they said they were not happy with their past work, the cgi is much better and the toys are pretty damn awesome, I cant help having a higher expectation of the cartoon after Energon (which was quite dire)

As for complaining it is a forum and my opinion is valid, I also know from personal experience that complaining does get things done, not in this instance as I am merely registering my contempt for a wasted opportunity. Is this not the point of the forums? People do not conform to things just because of where they come from, who the hell likes everything from hasbro? Ferrari relased a crap car in the form of the 348 and Hastak make mistakes (IMO and a lot of other peoples) in the TF line.  My complaints had reason behind them and were an opinion as opposed to just complaining about people complaining, as virtually the whole of fandom does appear to do a lot complaining in one form or another perhaps it is not they who need a new hobby ;)

I am positive Hasbro would rather have customers who complain about things than for them to be customers no more

Complain complain complain. I think it's time for a few people to find a new hobby, cause this one just doesn't seem to be working about for them. :wtf

I would have to agree to a certain point, sir. However I can't fault Jaguartron for expressing his opinion about something. Positive OR negative, it's his right to do so.

That being said, I actually like the Cybertron cartoon. It is infinitely better than Armada, and much better than Energon - but I would agree that the show was lacking in the beginning. It gets much better as the story develops and new characters are introduced... (or I get more used to the bad voice acting)  :tfpuke 

Funny how that contrasts with the G1 episodes, which were awesome in the beginning, and then tapered off (quality wise) toward the end.

IT SUCKED!!!

I have seen 2 episodes on toonami. i think they are showing them daily now ill see this afternoon. the cgi is getting better but the catroon still sucks. they dident start from the begining so the storys muddled. i agree the power keys are a stupid idea coming from nowhere. the battle scenes are lacking. the kids are dominating again. one of the worst things though are the accents. nothing against Australians some of my family are but it just sounds awful. its like when energon ended prime had to go do some paper work to explain what happened to megatron and all the other characters thought hay i know lets go on holiday to the outback untill the new series. its another japanese cartoon designed for the asian market being poorly adapted for the west. if the usa just designed a series with good figures and plot with huge explosions keeping human interferance to minimal. the biggest problem though is dumbing down. they need to cut the comedy and make it a lot more mature.

It's his right to do so and expressing your unhappiness with something SOMETIMES gets things done, but in this case, I don't see it happening. We've been Starscreaming about the cartoon, voices and all, since Armada. Let's see... Armada... Energon... now Cybertron. Nope. I don't see much changing with the things fans are complaining about, unfortunately. I guess I'm just ready for something positive in the fandom. I was hoping the Con season would be it, but man was I wrong.

It's his right to do so and expressing your unhappiness with something SOMETIMES gets things done, but in this case, I don't see it happening. We've been Starscreaming about the cartoon, voices and all, since Armada. Let's see... Armada... Energon... now Cybertron. Nope. I don't see much changing with the things fans are complaining about, unfortunately. I guess I'm just ready for something positive in the fandom. I was hoping the Con season would be it, but man was I wrong.

I wanted to like it so much and that may have helped set my sights too high, I love all the toys on this range (apart from the beasties but thats my predjudice) and the animation stills looked so damn good.  Its just painful that they didnt even bother to get a western writer to reintergrate the story for the english speaking market but I think even that could be overlooked if the voice acting was good.  If you close your eyes and just listen to it its even worse, wooden and bizarre, all other cartoons on TV that i can think of are voiced well, even if you dislike the content you can appreciate that.  MEGAs XLR, Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob Squarepants and even Jimmy Neutron all have good voice acting on them.  Voice acting really does seem to be my bugbear and its funny but I havent come across it outside of the transformer series, the one cartoon I really wanted to like.

Archived