Transformers Cybertron cartoon

Jaguaratron

I understand complety with all the gripes about cybertron, but as far as im concerned, its a vast improvement over Armada & Energon, and personaly a pretty good show.

The dubbing isn't that bad, but it is anoying at times (like OP for instance-he would have looked alot better with the mouthplate down all the time).

Another thing that anoyed me (and Everyone for that matter) why did they start with episode 3 (or in the US 4)? that ruined the series, if i didnt have the internet i would be clueless about what the hell would be going on.

Now, why on earth (not litterally) did they change the voices of charators such as Jetfire, Red alert & Landmine (i understand Hotshot, as the actor forfited his role) there voices were perfectly fine, why change e'm?

Oh, and the kids of course! i admit there not as bad as the Armada lot, or kicker even, but the show sort of revolved around them, i liked the idea of them teaching the autobots wat Alt-modes they should have, but they should have gone no futher, c'mon Has/Tak, we want a good Tf show without meddling kids!

Transformers Cybertron would have been a great show if it wasn't ruined by those things. *sigh* though u cant beat the best! *g1 & BW*!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am watching it today again and though the voice acting is poor I wonder if it is the scripts they are given that is the overruling factor as to why this really bugs me.  For example today Ransack and Crumplezone met Megatron and had a very brief scuffle (ok thats beleiveable, they are bad natured robots) but all that was said was "My name is Megatron, now your work for me" "ok boss whatever you say" :wtf

they didnt need to redo any of the animation but just graft a proper westernised coherant story on top

*edit* well I discovered its half watchable if you turn of the sound completely and ignor the bizare appearance of the cyberkeys

MEGAs XLR, Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob Squarepants and even Jimmy Neutron all have good voice acting on them. 

It just goes to show that good voice acting does not = good show.

Perhaps but they do come from companies that make a hell of a lot less than hasbro and if they can do it why dont hasbro?  Besides at least you can leave them on in the background without developing a deep loathing for whoever is voice acting. (oh and MEGAs and Spongebob rock ;))

MEGAs XLR, Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob Squarepants and even Jimmy Neutron all have good voice acting on them. 

Probably, but it does help do have decent vioce-acting.

So far in Cybertron, what's up with the weird explosions? Not allowed to show some big booms now?  :tfmad

Perhaps but they do come from companies that make a hell of a lot less than hasbro and if they can do it why dont hasbro?  Besides at least you can leave them on in the background without developing a deep loathing for whoever is voice acting. (oh and MEGAs and Spongebob rock ;))

I havent watched ANY Cybertron - but tried on some Armada and some Energon.  But i think the complaint about changing VA- for very Recognizable characters is valid (even if the original VA moves on dont change the ENTIRE characterization?!?!)

But what gets me about the REALLY BAD VA is it seems that many of these guys are the same stellar cast that made BW/BM so memorable

WTF?!

Hunter

Well I am watching it today again and though the voice acting is poor I wonder if it is the scripts they are given that is the overruling factor as to why this really bugs me.  For example today Ransack and Crumplezone met Megatron and had a very brief scuffle (ok thats beleiveable, they are bad natured robots) but all that was said was "My name is Megatron, now your work for me" "ok boss whatever you say" :wtf

Or maybe they just recognized how much of a badass Megatron was and didn't want to get stomped into paste.

I've only seen one episode of Cybertron, but I've seen fourteen episodes of Galaxy Force.  I find the voice acting to be infinitely better in the latter.  Voice acting is relatively important to me, since it is my "dream job."  The only thing Cybertron has over Galaxy Force is Gary Chalk...but in Cybertron, his talent is seemingly being put to waste.  Maybe I should watch more Cybertron before I form a super-concrete opinion on it.  To those who dislike Cybertron, I suggest they give Galaxy Force a chance.  I prefer the writing and voice acting; maybe it'll be enough for you.

Archived