Last Episode of Energon

Devil Mazinkaiser

Well everyone, I just finished the last episode of Energon which was aired this morning on Cartoon Network.

I have to say that as a whole, the series had it's ups and downs, but it usually kept my attention in someway. Especially when it switched back to the regular animation instead of the CGI crap.

However, I have to say that the last episode was just too far out there for me.

What exactly did Kicker do that was so important? He 'defended' Unicron's spark against Galvatron, only for Galvatron to get past him and absorb Unicron's spark anyways.

And then there was Optimus. He absorbed everyone's spark only to let Galvatron voluntarily fly into the new sun by himself, ending it all. All this was just non-sensical to me, and seemed rushed just to get the ending out.

What do you all think? Am I over analyzing it?

-Joe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i felt fully let down by the ENERGON finale to me it was just a repeat of the end of ARMADA -

"dont wory kids he may be evil but his SACRIFICE saved us all!" has/tak said "fuggin moronz will buy that one for sure!"

seriously what next for CYBERTRON?

i can see it now a big climactic battle in space above the wormhole

GALVATRON seems to be defeated but lo and behold throws himself into the time rip and saves us all - say thankyou to nice MR GALVATRON kids!

ANTI-CLIMATIC!! They didn't even give Megatron his props. "We owe it all to team work!" Now knowing that Cybertron has nothing to do with Energon, besides some of the characters looking simular, I think they left too many things open.

Does Starscream regain his original personality or was Galvatron the only thing keeping him alive? Is that why Scorponok randomly died? Did Mirage really fly into the sun?

One thing that's wild, all the Autobots survived and the Decepticons that died during the series were killed by their own Master.

Yeah, I was going to ask about Scorponok randomly dying as well. What's up with that?

I dunno... I usually rely on last episodes to wrap up all of the unanswered questions. This failed to do that miserably.  :redface 

Yeah, I was going to ask about Scorponok randomly dying as well. What's up with that?

I dunno... I usually rely on last episodes to wrap up all of the unanswered questions. This failed to do that miserably.  :redface 

i think that SCORPONOKS death was supposed to be a bitter sweet victory for ironhide. Why?

well ill tell ya my THEORY.

With ALPHA-QUINTESSA'S voice being used as a voice over i thought OLD ALPHA may return in later eps.

maybee this is what the producers where trying to say,

that there was a possibility of having this now tainted TERRORCON commander returning to his master as a force of good,

that GALVATRON may have realised this and wanted some assurance so used him as cannon fodder (prove your loyalty to me, you will be my sheild!!),

or that this was the only death worthy for a damaged(pscologicaly he was brainwashed) warrior - a pointless battle is still a battle, death in battle is an honor for some warriors

then again maybee they were just playin TWISTER to decide who dies "you loose the game the charactor looses their life!" ah RUSSIAN TWISTER

The end was bad, far fetched and overall rushed. I didn't like the repeat of Armada ending. With all that Galvatron had pulled, it would have been more believable that Prime would throw Galvatron into that energyball. (Though I recall that there were many kids complaining about how Optimus Prime went agressive on Megatron in the movie.) And with most of the decepticons dead, that really really sucked badly.

Maybe they thought there was going to be another season. What really suck about Cybertron is the characters pay so many homages to energon characters but they are unrelated. like that big green monkey arm bot looks just like Demolisher and we all saw Demolisher act like a gorilla.

Archived