First Kitbash/Custom

plowking

I'm working on a project of mine (using an Alternator Swindle) and I'm just about ready for disassembly so I can start to paint. Problem is, I cant get the pins to come out of any of the hinges! Do these even come out? Or am I not trying hard enough? I don't want to break anything. Any help or advice, anyone?

yeah i ran into the same problem a couple of days ago, i thought with a small screwdriver and a hard tap it'll come out. Until my friend sed they make tools that remove the pins. Im not sure how or what it looks like, but im going to pick one up tomorrow, if its not too expensive. Ill tell you after i get one where to buy one and ill add an attachment showing wut it looks like. Hope you can hold till then.

Hey, thanks to everyone that responded so far. Convoy, now that you mentioned it. I have access to some "precission type" screwdrivers. Really tiny w/a large handle head. Could possibly make a good drift/punch. Azure, never thought of heat w/soldering iron. I didn't know they made tips that small. And finally D.L.P. thanks for the link to the topic in the "GUIDE". I looked thru there and didn't see it. Need more patience. My concern is the pins in the chest area. the ones that hold the hood, head, windshield, doors and seats in place. I'm afraid to use heat on a plastic model (flashback as a destructive kid) but is the heat the best way in all's opinion? 

actually, you could go to lowes/home depot and get a 1/16th inch "pin punch".  shouldnt be more than $4.00.  a tip for using it though- have a piece of wood, preferably a softer type of wood, directly behind where the pin will come out, because the pin punch will require you to hammer it through.  you dont have to use a hammer though, just something with a little weight to it- if your hammer slips, it could mean a crunched part.

actually, you could go to lowes/home depot and get a 1/16th inch "pin punch".  shouldnt be more than $4.00.  a tip for using it though- have a piece of wood, preferably a softer type of wood, directly behind where the pin will come out, because the pin punch will require you to hammer it through.  you dont have to use a hammer though, just something with a little weight to it- if your hammer slips, it could mean a crunched part.

not to mention a crunched finger :tflaugh

I think a soldering Iron is the best bet. Otherwise you'll likely bash or crack your plastic. DLP supplied a link directly to the post he wanted you to read, guess you missed it. Try clicking it =)

What bot are you working on Swindle becoming?

Good luck man =)

Archived