Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ideas for possible Alternators

Recommended Posts

Well BW Ravage can turn Invisible, and BT Ravage's Bio sez that he can turn Invisible too.

AH I see now...*shrugs* I think the Translucent would be better...but I get you now...cool suggestion now that I know where you were coming from.

  • Replies 1k
  • Views 49.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The last thing I want to see is more repaints... *shudder*  Some of these have been stated before, just expressing my preference as well. :tfgrin  All with G1 paint schemes...

 

"US Version" Prowl - Crown Victoria

Trailbreaker - small SUV (Blazer, Explorer, Liberty, etc.) OR small pickup with a cap (add a tow to remold into Hoist)

Mirage - any F1

Bumblebee - Neon or Mini Cooper (the hood SHOULD be the feet, but I think that'd be tough to do engineering-wise, the cabins would be too bulky to use as a chest)

Ironhide/Ratchet - any mid-size minivan (and make sure the windshield is the chest!)

And, of course, the uber deluxe $34.99 jobs...

Prime - Full-size Ram or Titan

Megs - Hummer (preferrably the original, not the pansy affluent soccer-mom H2)

 

My 2 cents...

:yay Finally somebody gets it. Only thing I have to disagree with is having OP and Megatron introduced into the Alt/Bt line. We already have a MP OP now all we have to keep pushing for is a MP Megatron. I'm not even going to begin to discuss a probable alt mode. (for obvious reasons.) As far as the Hummer goes I think Brawn should be the H1 civilian version.

As far as repaints go. I only need one despite who it is. One thing I think Has/Tak could swing is combining the existing transformation schemes with alternate vehicle modes. Hounds transformation assembly would be perfect for Alt Kup and if you threw a minivan or midsized suv on Smokescreen/Silverstreak it would be perfectly suited for Skids. Throw the acura body on Miester and you have a please mostly all Prowl.

IMO Has/Tak has already done a decent job with the transformation processe now rather than gearing towards :wtf spychanger territory they should develope different vehicle modes.

While I agree with most of that...

 

Many people would curse at the idea of more of the same Transformation Schemes. Not me, but many would. *Shrugs* screw 'em, can't please everyone I guess.

While I agree with most of that...

 

Many people would curse at the idea of more of the same Transformation Schemes. Not me, but many would. *Shrugs* screw 'em, can't please everyone I guess.

Well, the tough part about the transformations is that there are a few tried and true designs that simply work, and then there's everything else. The hood-and-grill-as-chest design is pretty much universally loved, but how many of those can you put out before people get bored? At this point, the alternative has been Tracks/Sideswipe, whose designs I have a problem with because in bot mode, you look at them from the back and go, "Oh, THERE'S the car." :wtf They managed to mix the two schemes to good effect with Windcharger, so at least we know they're trying. :tflaugh

 

I guess my point is that while I wouldn't complain about more of the same, since it works, I would like to see some more innovation a la Windcharger. The one thing I definitely do NOT want to see is more RiD-style car-body-as-shell bot modes. *coughSideswipecough* Make the car part of the bot, don't make the bot unfold from the car. :tfgrin

i know everyone is waiting to here some solid info and pics on the rumored alternators jets. wouldn't it be cool if we got a little something extra. such has sea spray as modern hovercraft or even a sporty speed boat. what about a really cool looking ninja motorcycle wreck-gar. and now since they've done prowl as a police car, how about some rescue vehicles. i sure would like to see ratchet.

 

i don;t know if everyone feels like me or am i not showing enough patience, but i'm tired of wonder what if. hasbro needs to start informing us better. i can't beleive they only showed one new alternator at toyfair. i wnat some solid news on a regular basis, what and who's instore for this year.

 

what do you guys think?

i know everyone is waiting to here some solid info and pics on the rumored alternators jets. wouldn't it be cool if we got a little something extra. such has sea spray as modern hovercraft or even a sporty speed boat. what about a really cool looking ninja motorcycle wreck-gar. and now since they've done prowl as a police car, how about some rescue vehicles. i sure would like to see ratchet.

 

i don;t know if everyone feels like me or am i not showing enough patience, but i'm tired of wonder what if. hasbro needs to start informing us better. i can't beleive they only showed one new alternator at toyfair. i wnat some solid news on a regular basis, what and who's instore for this year.

 

what do you guys think?

Well, most of the attention is on the main line right now.. and alot of effort goes into making Alternators.. first they gotta get approved to use the vehicle mode and sometimes that's not always as easy as it seems.. **DAMN YOU VW** .. It would be nice to see it go beyond cars, but I think they're going to stick with it. The Jets would be twice as big, if not more, built in the Alternator scale.. and they're bound to be twice as expensive because of the fact that they'll be bigger.

 

But eh, who knows.. future is yet to be determined. But I'm down the the rescue vehicle concept though.. Atlernator Inferno sounds good. :thumb

 

Hasbro doesn't know jack.. they take what Takara makes and port it here. If you can read Japanese, thats where the news is.

The fact that Prowl is the only new Alt we've seen in a LONG time without so much as a rumor about any other new ones leaves me a little skeptical about the future of the line.

 

Of course it could always be possible that Hasbro is focusing most of their attention on the early stages of developing the movie figures. New Alts could still be in the works only at a much slower rate than what we've come to expect. Only time will tell.

Man, I miss the old days, where finding out about the new toys meant seeing them at the store, or at best in the insert catalog packaged with the instruction manuals. :roll

 

Remember guys, Hasbro doesn't HAVE to tell us Blot. What they do tell us should be appreciated, not whined about.

 

 

 

 

Sorry for sounding nasty, but some n00b just got me all fired up... I'm releasing steam in this thread to avoid starting a flame war elsewhere... :tfevil

Man, I miss the old days, where finding out about the new toys meant seeing them at the store, or at best in the insert catalog packaged with the instruction manuals. :roll

I miss the old days when the insert catalogs were actually good. Practically had the whole year's lineup on the back of those things...

 

Nowadays the time a figure actually is released it's already gone in my area.

I miss seeing newer molds and projects as they were happening. I really would love to see the mold of BUMBLEBEE even if it isn't being produced. I'd also like to see the other ideas from Hasbro's and Takara's workshop. Think of how many bots and bot designs that won't see the light of day. It would be great to just get some glimpses of the production and the creative collective that is Has/Tak.

i agree with Utsanomiko. back in the old days you would get a cataloge of all the transformers coming out within the year. now a days the cataloge has things that have already come out. i understand hasbro doesn't really have to tell us anything, but as loyal fans to the product, they should keep us more up to date. just like the site that they have, they updated it a few weeks ago and even still it's out of date. i would like a bit more info, i'm not saying they have to tell us evrything they have, but give me a good idea of whats coming out things that we don't already know of.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.