Unable to "get into" Armada/Energon

Elita-One

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The 1 thing that really did kill Armada for me was the kids.  I believe that they (the producers) hunted the most annoying child traits, wrote the most annoying lines & threw them in to the story. 

I believe that if the kids were not in the story, or atleast not all 4, it would apeal to me better.

BTW have I mentioned yet that there are no humans of any kind in Beast Machines? :thumb

Did I mention how I can't wait for BM to be released! Oh, and that's another reason why I loved BW as well. HUMAN FREE!

Well, BW *did* have the cave-people... but at least all they did was say "ungh", not "HI I'M A STUPID-ASS OBNOXIOUS KID AND I'M GOING TO TOTALLY HIJACK THIS EPISODE BECAUSE I'M EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME!!!!!!"

That epasode with the cave girl and Megatron sucked, and you know it :P

'Tis true.... :tfsad However, I also know that that episode was originally supposed to be "Dark Glass". Which helps in some small way.

Oh come on!

That episode is funny as all hell. Megs expressions and the relationship between Depthcharge and Rattrap kicked major ass.

If I stand alone, so be it, but dammit I liked that episode for the funny filler it was!!

:pfx

Nothing compared to BW Megs expressions

Of all the moments in Armada that will forever be etched...nay, burned with a rusty iron, into my mind is Rad and company ordering deer and other woodland creatures away from a forest fire. That episode pretty much did me in.

Optimus: "We have to get that Minicon! If the Decepticons get it, they can kill us all!"

Rad: "But Optimus, you'll be killing cute innocent furry creatures! Please stop and think about the environment! Make love not war!"

Me: "Dear Lord, what is this? Frickin' Earth Day?!?!?"

Of all the moments in Armada that will forever be etched...nay, burned with a rusty iron, into my mind is Rad and company ordering deer and other woodland creatures away from a forest fire. That episode pretty much did me in.

Optimus: "We have to get that Minicon! If the Decepticons get it, they can kill us all!"

Rad: "But Optimus, you'll be killing cute innocent furry creatures! Please stop and think about the environment! Make love not war!"

:tflaugh :clap :tflaugh :clap

It is one thing to raise awareness about preventing forest fires but to do it that badly. :tftongue

Then again, the show was made in Japan and they are not really subtle so a message must really come across. :tfevil

Armada had its highs and lows. The lows were those annoying kind but the final storyline and the Mini-Con idea were good.

Same goes for Energon, the characters are too simple. I am not attached to any of them. I had tears in my eyes when Dinobot died in Beast Wars. For the Armada/Energon characters I would not care at all.

Allthough I would :clap if Kicker finally kicked the bucket! :thumb Man, was he ever annoying. I remember the first epsiode in which he ranted to Optimus about having no business on Earth and that it was his planet.

Had I been Optimus I would have gotten pissed off and thrown him in the see so that this arrogant fleshbag could see what other creatures we share this planet with and how badly we polluted it.

But, nooo. He just stood there and took it. Wuss. :tftongue

:tflaugh :clap :tflaugh :clap

Once you get past this one and carnival I thought it became pretty watchable. Personally I'd rather watch Armada through again then G1. I don't care what anyone says but nearly every episode for the most part was the same. Megatron dreams up some diabolical doomsday device or plan to rid himself of the autobots and after all the pointless shooting is done retreats. It was always the same thing, and Armada at least had back storys for most of there newer characters where as G1 went from the few who crash landed on earth in season 1(by far the best IMO) to the unexplainable hords seen in season 2. I also thought the voice acting in Armada was not that bad though someone should hand whoever did Decepticon Wheeljacks voice the :wtf award for worst voice actor ever on a Transformers series.

Allthough I would :clap if Kicker finally kicked the bucket! :thumb Man, was he ever annoying. I remember the first epsiode in which he ranted to Optimus about having no business on Earth and that it was his planet.

Had I been Optimus I would have gotten pissed off and thrown him in the see so that this arrogant fleshbag could see what other creatures we share this planet with and how badly we polluted it.

But, nooo. He just stood there and took it. Wuss. :tftongue

BUt then you would destroy the shacky truce between the Autobots and the Humans, and then get your race kicked off the planet, and have too find a new planet as rich in energon as earth. While your mortal enimies the Decepticons plunder the Planet and grow ever stronger than the Autobots with each lite of Presious energon.

Rather unlikely as the humans and Autobots were working together.

The technology seen in Energon is thusly advanced that it is highly unlikely that humans developed it on their own. So there must be an alliance in which the humans and Autobots are working together and sharing technology. Just as humans and aliens are working together in Star Trek.

So it is doubtful the humans and Transformers had a shaky relationship, Quite the opposite.

And even if Optimus did not outrank Dr. Jones, he would have certainly outranked Kicker. So if Optimus would give Kicker his opinion and tell Kicker to shut the hell up, he would have gotten a warning not do to that anymore at best.

It was Kicker who was sollicitating for a Darwin Award untill Optimus rescued his hide. So Kicker was more likely to get into trouble for acting against orders.

Had I been Optimus Prime I would have asked the humans to remove all non-essential personnel from any military or Energon refining installations. I would want to be able to focus myself on the battles ahead instead of protecting humans.

Never send in a human to do a Transformer's work. :tftongue

I tried so hard, but I just couldn't get attached to Armada & Energon very well. I did like some of the aspects of the show, TF's switching sides, better writting and characters that were more realistic IMO, etc.

But I just couldn't get hooked on it. For one, CN aired it too early. It didn't mind when it was on at 6:30a, I'd watch it while waking up in bed. But when it was pushed back to 6a, well, no way in hell I'm getting up that early!

And it was too hard to figure out when a marathon was going to be aired, and when they were, it didn't fit my schedule (yes, I know that CN network is not aware of my life and doens't revolve around it. That comment was more about a personal conflict more than anything).

Not to mention, it was more like a soap opera. If you missed a few episodes in a row, then it's hard to get back in the loop. You had to religously watch it.

Any other thoughts?

And this is a crime why? :tflaugh

Honestly, Armada didn't start 'seeming' cool until Scavanger was introduced on the decepticon side.. kickin the snot out of Hot Shot like he was.. umm.. a Hot Shot.. then he switched to the Autobots and became a fat lazy slack off.. :tdown

I thought Sideways was very interesting.. and I liked the escalading rival between Starscream and Megatron.. it was a nice break from the old Megs and Screamer rival.. which literally was pretty stupid in it's own right the way it was executed. I really don't know who's more stupid.. as Obiwan says.. 'Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him'.. I thought Screamer on the Autobot side for awhile was also interesting..

Can't really say the two line's figures were really that great either.. you'd think with all the advancements in technology they could deliver something better, ya know? I really got tired of the brickiness.. if I want to buy a brick, I got G1 for that.. :tflaugh

You're really not missin out on much..

Man, now I want to see "Carnival". Sounds like I really missed out on something special. :tflaugh

P.S. Deathmarch, you're right, "Go With The Flow" did have its good moments. I particularly appreciated the smartass comments about "educational" vs. "entertaining" children's programming (hmm...... wonder why the writers were thinking of THAT?). And yes, Megatron's frustration is worth the price of admission. "Oh, for the love...." :lol

however, Depthcharge crashing had to be THE WORST effect I've ever seen. FADE TO BLACK AND SHOW SOME SMOKE!!!!

Archived