Unable to "get into" Armada/Energon

Elita-One

Never really watched too much Armada.

But I did watch and enjoy Energon. Megatron, Rodimus and Shockblast were pretty cool characters.

You have to accept Energon for what it is, a kids show.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do we know that suit protects Kicker and makes him stronger?

Was it ever explained in the show? Or did we just have to accept it at face value.

I suppose it is possible, in Batman Beyond Terry's Batsuit also enhances his strength and protects him somewhat. Bur Terry also exercised a lot and I find it hard to believe Kicker doing any of that.

I like to accept Armada/Energon as a kids show but the same applied to G1 and that had good interesting characters (which Energon desperately needs) and cool stories.

Medabots which is also Japanese Anime also has better storylines and interesting characters. So it is not that all Japanese shows lack that. Just Energon and to a lesser extent Armada.

So even for a kids show, Energon is not that great.

The problem is that it is a Japanese kids show and that is the thing holding Energon back. They so badly want humans to play a vital role it takes away from the Transformers screentime. Less screentime less development for a character.

The other problem is the soaplike storyline. People should be able to miss an episode and still know what happened.

Medabots was a fun show, in a similar quirky vein to RID.

But Amarda/Energon was poor, the fights dissapointing ( when they happened ), and most of the voice acting, particulary Optimus Primes, felt like they were just going through the motions to get paid.

Well, I kinda understand. I mean, Gary used to do Optimus Primal a leader who had emotion and courage and all that. Plus he has got all those great stories. I was excited about Beast Wars so Gary probably was too.

Then he had to do dub work on a show that was nowhere near as good as Beast Wars or even Beast Machines. I would not put my heart in either. How could I?

The problem is that it is a Japanese kids show and that is the thing holding Energon back. They so badly want humans to play a vital role it takes away from the Transformers screentime. Less screentime less development for a character.

The other problem is the soaplike storyline. People should be able to miss an episode and still know what happened.

Babylon 5 was a great example of "filling you in" on any episode you may have missed. Thanks to the writing, a previous episode could usually be summed up in a sentence or two and tied into what you were watching. And that show actually went somewhere.

I like to accept Armada/Energon as a kids show but the same applied to G1 and that had good interesting characters (which Energon desperately needs) and cool stories.

Interesting charectors?

Red alert "I'm paranoid AHHHHHHHH"

Devistator "I'm big RAAARRRRR"

Constructicons "we build things"

Insecticons "we have speach disorders disorders"

Warpath "I KABOOM like BAM annamonapias"

Protectobots "we protect things"

Shockwave "as you command megatron"

Starscream "when I become the desepticons leader....."

Megatron "I can hear you"

Etc. Etc.

Interesting charectors?

Etc. Etc.

:lol

Interesting charectors?

Etc. Etc.

You know its sad but true.

Interesting charectors?

Etc. Etc.

You know its sad but true.

It is sad but true to a point. I mean he's taken each one of them out of context. The Insecticons each had a bit more to them than Shrapnel's speech disorder.

Red alert was given some real decent character development in Second Season, more so than other characters.

There are still various examples of worth-while to each of those characters. It's just in various episodes.

The comics helped all the characters reach better heights as far as development (Marvel, Manga, & DW).

Each TF Series has flaws, faults, and stuff it lacks. I could do the same with Armada/Energon that X-Bob did with G1.

Scavenger: I'm a Badass, oh wait no, must sleep.

Hot Shot: Loose Cannon, Hot-headed Dude!! Oh yeah!!

Megatron: Must fight and act like a badass, only to sacrifice myself over and over.

Sideways: I've got two faces, meaning I work both sides!

Tidal Wave: TIDAL TIDAL WWAAAAVVVEE!

Snow Cat: Yodel, Yodel, Yodel...Shoot at something.

They are kids shows. Sure kids get a bit more involved shows than they used to, but at many point the shows are lackluster.

BW/BM was the pinnacle of good, solid TF characterization and development. The stuff before it was not that well-written and the stuff after it has a lot of the same flaws as the stuff prior to BW/BM. These are kids shows: some like them, some hate them, and some still hate them even more.

As long as they make Transformers the movie into a more mature movie like X-men and not into another Thunderbirds kiddinization.

I must say though that beginning of Energon/Superlink is far worse then at the end (around time that Omega shows up).

Archived