Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Could Alternators be......

Should Alternators stay a licensed only brand or could they take the RID route 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Alternators stay a licensed only brand or could they take the RID route

    • Licensed only
      56%
      28
    • "realistic" Alt mode (ala RID) would be fine
      6%
      3
    • both
      38%
      19

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Hot Rod...GT40 (if Mirage never comes about)

Kup...Chevy SSR

 

 

done :thumb

  • Replies 40
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said both, they wont give us a modern bug, but we could do a classic bug without the logos and get our bumblebee  I think they should still get licenses but screw the germans over as much as possible

I was going to say Licensed only but your thoughts intreagued me my friend. I REALLY want a BUMBLEBEE! And don't forget about CLIFFJUMPER as a mock GTI. If I got these I'd be happy (and I'm not forgetting the great job done of GF REDalert from the AUDI concept). If they Die-cast it, I shall be there! Screw the man!! (Seriously VW, if you are reading this I have a gun pointed at my head...so, forgive me??) YEAH!! Screw them all!!!

 

BTW if they do do a BUMBLEBEE I do hope they make him look like the New Beetle RAGSTER. That car is just too sweet. :thumb Maybe even the New Beetle DUNE.

 

VW concept cars

I think that's the problem. There are precious few post-TF:TM toys that anyone would be interested in buying. Let's face it - that part of the G1 era is less well-known. And for good reason IMO. And is Hasbro gonna make a toy line that consists of 5-6 figures? I don't think so. I think they should just make an Alternators Hot Rod and Kup and be done with it.

Yes I do agree with you on that OM. Which was kinda my point in saying that it would be pointless to do an all Post-Movie toyline, no matter how good it was.

 

I think they should just do Hot Rod and Kup and Arcee (hopefully) and be done with it too cause I don't know anyone who wouldn't buy those. Hell I'd even probably get Hot Rod and Arcee as BT's if they made them.

I saw an Alternators-style fembot that someone had designed once -- it was this cool 70's muscle-car thing. It actually looked kickass. I think it was the same guy who made the shoe-former for Nike or whoever.

MUSTANG SALLY!! I love her. There was a movie that was made about her too. I can't remember where this came from but you are right. She would make a great BT/ALT. :thumb

I'm a car guy so I like the idea of them being real cars and not knock offs of real cars, I really wouldn't want this to change. Though it would be nice to see more new molds and repaints that make more sense.

After thinking it over:

 

Licensed Cars Only !

 

It's part of what makes Alt/BT a great line. I'm completely not interested in cars, but since ALT/BT is here I'm starting to get interested: on the rare occasion that I see a car which is used as an ALT/BT (mainly the Subaru and the Honda) I can even recognize it. I've even started to watch a car show on tv ( :redface )

 

As for those few (post-)movie characters that would interesting to see (basically, just Hot Rod and Kup) wouldn't custom cars be an idea? Use a good sports car for Hot Rod and have it customized. (It's done in the real world as well.)

 

As for Bumblebee being a VW...should this happen, then that will be the first ALT I will not buy. Not just because I wasn't too fond of Bumblebee (Actually, hated his guts and gave the toy to my sister: fitting since Bumblebee was in the cartoon to draw in the little kiddies and the girls -- the only TF both my younger sisters liked was Bumblebee). Furthermore (sorry Rumblebee) the VW is a dreadful, dreadful dreadful car. It has the engine in the wrong place, apparently is awful to drive, it's too small and it was designed to make Nazi Germany mobile. I'm very hard pressed to think of car which is worse than the VW Beetle.

 

 

Found one:

post-5-1108622146.jpg

Do remember Rawhide that the "Autobahn" project was actually conceived by the Weimar republic. Hitler just stole the idea. So if the Beetle was part of that project, it was just "used".

 

And even if it was designed by the Nazi's do keep in mind they also did a few good things though they were used for their diabolical plans. The Beetle was a good car and therefor made to mobilize the country. Good idea, bad goal as it helped to start World War 2.

 

The Germans were also the first to discover that smoking causes lung canger. Imagine that! Naturally they wanted healthy soldiers so it made sense for them to ban smoking as much as they could. In wartime a smoking soldier is a big problem.

 

So even if the ideas were meant to further neafarious goals, it cannot be denied that the Beetle or the results of the reserach into smoking helped humanity somewhat.

 

Afterall, the Beetle was the most produced car ever, except for the T-Ford and I think they are really cute. Besides, I do not see what is wrong with having the engine in the back.

 

But apparantly VW will not help Hasbro re-create one of the most popular Transformers ever. :tdown

 

Perhaps Mazda will sanction another retool of the RX8. I think that it is a close to Bumblebee as we can get right now.

Either way, I don't think the Germans can be blamed for being a little squeamish about letting their products be used as "war toys," all things considered. Sure it sucks for us, but I understand where they're coming from and I respect their stance.

 

P.S. Rawhide is right anyway - the original Beetle was a cheap POS. :tftongue

I don't think the Germans can be blamed for being a little squeamish about letting their products be used as "war toys," all things considered. Sure it sucks for us, but I understand where they're coming from and I respect their stance.

That’s so true, I mean even to this day Jay Leno and other late night talk show host will make a joke about their past if the opportunity comes up. So I can understand their hesitation to get into anything even remotely close to war related.

I don't think the Germans can be blamed for being a little squeamish about letting their products be used as "war toys," all things considered. Sure it sucks for us, but I understand where they're coming from and I respect their stance.

That’s so true, I mean even to this day Jay Leno and other late night talk show host will make a joke about their past if the opportunity comes up. So I can understand their hesitation to get into anything even remotely close to war related.

Exactly. It's like those jokes about the French being good at surrendering, even though most of us weren't even alive during WWII.

i would love to see alt broadside. Omega Surpreme size. it would be so cool to have an Aircraft carrier that u could put the G1 Airobots on ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.