Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Could Alternators be......

Should Alternators stay a licensed only brand or could they take the RID route 51 members have voted

  1. 1. Should Alternators stay a licensed only brand or could they take the RID route

    • Licensed only
      56%
      28
    • "realistic" Alt mode (ala RID) would be fine
      6%
      3
    • both
      38%
      19

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

As long as the transformations were of the same good quality and the vehicles never got too outlandish, I'd be for it. As long as the transformations aren't like RID, with their stupid attached car parts where the hands should be. Hot Rod is a good example of an unrealistic alt mode that is still clean looking. We don't need to get into lumpy TFs, that's what the Energon and Cybertron lines are for.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that's the problem. There are precious few post-TF:TM toys that anyone would be interested in buying. Let's face it - that part of the G1 era is less well-known. And for good reason IMO. And is Hasbro gonna make a toy line that consists of 5-6 figures? I don't think so. I think they should just make an Alternators Hot Rod and Kup and be done with it.

Yes I do agree with you on that OM. Which was kinda my point in saying that it would be pointless to do an all Post-Movie toyline, no matter how good it was.

 

I think they should just do Hot Rod and Kup and Arcee (hopefully) and be done with it too cause I don't know anyone who wouldn't buy those. Hell I'd even probably get Hot Rod and Arcee as BT's if they made them.

As long as the transformations were of the same good quality and the vehicles never got too outlandish, I'd be for it.  As long as the transformations aren't like RID, with their stupid attached car parts where the hands should be.  Hot Rod is a good example of an unrealistic alt mode that is still clean looking.  We don't need to get into lumpy TFs, that's what the Energon and Cybertron lines are for.

:pfx As long as we can have the same style and consistency (overall look and artistic approach, not in distribution)as the current Alt/BT`s. :thumb

I think that's the problem. There are precious few post-TF:TM toys that anyone would be interested in buying. Let's face it - that part of the G1 era is less well-known. And for good reason IMO. And is Hasbro gonna make a toy line that consists of 5-6 figures? I don't think so. I think they should just make an Alternators Hot Rod and Kup and be done with it.

Yes I do agree with you on that OM. Which was kinda my point in saying that it would be pointless to do an all Post-Movie toyline, no matter how good it was.

 

I think they should just do Hot Rod and Kup and Arcee (hopefully) and be done with it too cause I don't know anyone who wouldn't buy those. Hell I'd even probably get Hot Rod and Arcee as BT's if they made them.

I saw an Alternators-style fembot that someone had designed once -- it was this cool 70's muscle-car thing. It actually looked kickass. I think it was the same guy who made the shoe-former for Nike or whoever.

And you wonder why ToyFare hates him so much? :tfhuh

No, I just wonder what the heck you're talking about. :tfhuh

Ohhh...that's right. None of you read it. Hirarious. Just pick up ONE copy, read it thoroughly.

 

Basically, their argument is that Bumblebee is a worthless character, and will not change their minds regardless of all foaming fanboy letters that are sent in.

And you wonder why ToyFare hates him so much? :tfhuh

No, I just wonder what the heck you're talking about. :tfhuh

Ohhh...that's right. None of you read it. Hirarious. Just pick up ONE copy, read it thoroughly.

 

Basically, their argument is that Bumblebee is a worthless character, and will not change their minds regardless of all foaming fanboy letters that are sent in.

*sends foaming letter*

 

or did you mean that the *fanboys* are foaming? oops...

I said both, they wont give us a modern bug, but we could do a classic bug without the logos and get our bumblebee  I think they should still get licenses but screw the germans over as much as possible

Amen brother Smith. :thumb :pfx

There's still the question of what to do about those big-ass feet of his, though. IMO Bumblebee is one of those characters who you just can't screw up as an Alternator, b/c he's so iconic. He's got to be done right.

I kinda like the Dreamwave original design were Cliffjumper and Bumblebee's front end becomes a foot shin combo. On the other hand if the Imprezzas and RX-8's rear can become thier feet then why cant a Beetle's front end become feet. their front end isn't that long.

I dunno...I'd prefer it if the kept the licensed cars instead of "almost there" body styles. It would feel kinda like someone's cheating us if that were the case.

Actually prefer the RID style with almost real cars mainly b/c I think only releasing licensed cars is too restrictive.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.