Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hasbro vs. Takara

Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer? 258 members have voted

  1. 1. Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer?

    • Takara
      63%
      137
    • Hasbro
      36%
      79

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Ahhh, they are both the same to me. Yeah it is a money making scheme in making the repaints but come on they are a business and thinking like one in making profits of those repaints and both takara and hasbro are making them. I just hope they never stop. Transformers Forever!! :thumb

  • Replies 410
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
can somebody please explain to me why people can hate on both companies when they make the same products?

Well I really dont hate on either. Its more like some versions I prefer better on than others whether it be Hasbro or Takara.

 

 

 

The mold difference's are the first and most obvious is the mouth and nonmouth variants. To add to that, There is mouth prime with smooth chest panels which is also the rarest of the variants, mouth prime with ribbed chest panels, Faceplate prime with smooth chest panels and Faceplate prime with ribbed chest panels. The final of the variants is the mold that is exactly like Takara's . Then there is the matter of the drones 3 and 4 haveing the extra paint apps on the knee area and of course some the most durable chrome used on a TF on his chest. There is also the extra silver paint apps on the ribbed area inside the chest flaps and the painted windsheild wippers. Also, there is a mold difference inside the helmet that allows the brim of the helmet to sit lower on E prime and there is a slight mold variation on the inside of the ratchet mechanism in the earlier GrandConvoys. I think takara changed it though, to be like Hasbros which was a bit tighter because of this variation, since my new GrandConvoy is as tight in the hips as my Eprime now.

I love how you know your stuff! :clap :tftongue :thumb

the funny part about this debate is that people like to put the poor card out there, like anyone wants to be broke, or if you are broke you cant have a hobby for tfs. I hate that elitist crap. I love g1, that is why i am here. I love hasbro and takara (my favorite tf is Longrack the Giraffe) and although I buy mostly hasbro it is not cause I am poor (I am married to a doctor) its because I like to inspect my tf's before buy them, no one in ohio imports tf's

 

TF forever (kill e-ironhide)

(kill e-ironhide)

:punch :tard

 

:P

 

 

Ironhide is cooler than everyone gives him credit. If you can get over his vehicle mode, his bot mode and gestault mode are very cool looking and fun to mess with and pose.

Great point hun!

can somebody please explain to me why people can hate on both companies when they make the same products?

Psst!

 

They don't make the exact same products.

 

If they did, then that would eliminate a lot of the Starscreaming - but not all.

Autobots vs. Decepticons

 

Takara Collectors vs. Hasbro Collectors

 

Endless civil war.

i went with takara

 

. i like the wight of diecast

 

. i can get the stuff at a good cost tho a little more

 

. i like thier colours more and they seem to use more shiny and transparent parts thats a plus

 

. i like there boxes more their easyer to save when taking out the toy

 

. as a company they seem to care more about the collector with all this lucky draw black, fire guts and gold stuff

 

thats not to say hasbro is poo i like universe mostly the new stuff its another chance for me to get the RiD stuff i missed

I am a Takara "purist." I chose Takara over Hasbro bc I too like the diecast parts and the attention to details that comes with the Takara versions. Diecast toys are the very last thing I remembered having as a kid. So it's pretty close to my heart to have these toys. Not to say that Hasbro is secondary, Takara just fits me more as a "collector." Plus, I grew up watching some of the old Japanese cartoon and tv series like Spectreman, Macross...etc, but was never able to buy the toys bc it was expensive and out of reach when I was a kid, even some of the TFs.

 

All this fussing about which co. is better just takes the joy out of being in the TF community. If it's about financial issues and accessiblity then go for it. If it's about collecting then go for that. I chose what I choose bc now I'm working and have some money here and there (though not a lot). When it's all said and done, it would be nice to see more of why you prefer Takara or Hasbro rather than dissecting and analysing the worst of the opposite side.

I like them both.

 

If I want to save money, I'll buy Hasbro. If I want better quality, I'll get Takara.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.