Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hasbro vs. Takara

Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer? 258 members have voted

  1. 1. Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer?

    • Takara
      63%
      137
    • Hasbro
      36%
      79

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I think this debate over who's better has run its course with no clear winner.

Ahem.

 

Takara: 61%

Hasbro: 38%

 

Seems pretty clear to me. :clap

  • Replies 410
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Summit yes Takara is the clear winner in this case but give me Hasbro anyday. I go with whats more affordable and easy to get without paying huge shipping costs.

 

 

 

 

:usa

WOW still on this discussion, I just had something to add.....

......Takara is the company that brought one of the best Transformer lines to the U.S. Transfomers 2000, which here was RID! one of the best toy lines ever made before Superlink, & Binaltechs!!

 

and I dont care what the cost, I must be crazy cuz in the last month alone I spent over 400.00 in Takara Transformers....., but most people just call me a true Transformer Collector!

 

and WOW TAKARA 61% woot woot!!!

Takara doesn't sell to us. Hasbro brought Car Robots over here and labelled it RID.

WOW still on this discussion, I just had something to add.....

......Takara is the company that brought one of the best Transformer lines to the U.S. Transfomers 2000, which here was RID! one of the best toy lines ever made before Superlink, & Binaltechs!!

 

and I dont care what the cost, I must be crazy cuz in the last month alone I spent over 400.00 in Takara Transformers....., but most people just call me a true Transformer Collector!

 

and WOW TAKARA 61% woot woot!!!

Hasbro imported and marketed the line. Takara had nothing to do with RID in the US....

 

But if you want to make the arguement that Takara's Car Robots molds were key to the success here fair enough but it works both ways as Car Robots would not have existed in the first place if not for Hasbro's Beast Wars being imported to Japan and resurrecting the franchise there.......

But if you want to make the arguement that Takara's Car Robots molds were key to the success here fair enough but it works both ways as Car Robots would not have existed in the first place if not for Hasbro's Beast Wars being imported to Japan and resurrecting the franchise there.......

But there wouldn't be any Transformers, period, if it weren't for Takara's Diaclone and Microchange toys. :)

True. But then buying from online import stores wasn't an option back then. And in all fairness, Hasbro/Marvel/Sunbow are responsible for the franchise's runaway success. So much so, that the Japanese adopted The Transformers.

I agree with WRX. If it werent for Hasbro and Marvel we wouldnt have the TF. They were the ones responsible for the success of TF.

 

 

 

:usa

Personally, I've had to swim through this "debate" too many times and I'm bored to tears with it. In the end it's up to you what you decide out of preference or cost effectiveness...

 

I'd like to think that since we've got the option to CHOOSE... [that is a blessing].

I agree, either way whichever version you purchase, ENJOY it! Myself I like both, but I get what I can afford, and save up for exclusives. Otherwise oh well, it is only a wonderful toy, not my career, or as important as my home. :thumb

  • 2 weeks later...

I'm kind of a middle of the road buyer. I'm going with Takara for the Binaltech figures [The die-cast and metallic paint is awesome] I do buy from Hasbro if/when they have something I like.

I have been refraining from getting into this debate because I can usually only get hasbro versions of things (living in US) But I went out on a limb and bought MP Convoy early this year. He was so damn awsome and I played with him endlessly. Though one day I began to worry that he may get ruined and I wasn't about to try and import another so I did the next logical thing.... I bought a 20th prime from walmart.

 

BIG MISTAKE!!

 

The 20th Prime, while having all the same metal and plastic ratios, has horribly loose joints. And I never had the foot problem with my MP but it is rampant on the 20th Prime. He can't even stand!

While (AND THIS I PROMISE YOU) I can get my MP into Neo's "dodge this" pose from the Matrix.

SO what the hell is the deal? Sixty bucks for a crap hole figure. The only real thing I got out of all this is a Black Rifle for my MP to hold.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.