Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hasbro vs. Takara

Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer? 258 members have voted

  1. 1. Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer?

    • Takara
      63%
      137
    • Hasbro
      36%
      79

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I meant us as in me you... not United States ... my ruination...

  • Replies 410
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well incase you didn't know most of and all of Hasbro's Transformers are marketed towards kids---and if it wasnt then it would have had long stacks, and YES you bought the Kiddie version. And I never made any direct reference to you or any specific collectors about only being able to afford the cheeper hasbro versions, but if the shoe fits then WEAR it..... I was just saying Hasbro has to be cheeper so parents will buy it for their kids.

 

And what's wrong with that? They opened up a bigger market to sell it in. Besides, if they hadn't, then it wouldn't have been available in Wal Mart, TRU and Target now would it?

 

How many times must it be said before this sinks in?

 

US COLLECTOR'S MARKET IS MUCH SMALLER THAN JAPAN'S!

Look no matter what we like it doesnt matter.....

What matters is that we are all Transformer Collectors, and what ever brand we choose to buy is our business.... and as long as we buy either brand we keep the line going, and as long as we are buying they will keep making....

Look no matter what we like it doesnt matter.....

What matters is that we are all Transformer Collectors, and what ever brand we choose to buy is our business.... and as long as we buy either brand we keep the line going, and as long as we are buying they will keep making....

Fair enough :thumb

 

Its just this kind of blanket statement that's bad:

 

US grown ups who collect, buy TAKARA...for LIFE....

unless your a kid who cant front the money well then understandable....

Its just this kind of blanket statement that's bad:

 

US grown ups who collect, buy TAKARA...for LIFE....

unless your a kid who cant front the money well then understandable....

You know I meant us as in you and I, not US as in the United States, & what I meant is that kids you know ages 3-12 who depend on mommy and daddy can only buy has, cuz mom & dad wont buy takara toys.... I didn't mean to pass judgement on people who buy has, for the price. I really meant kids real kids...

She has a point in that the Hasbro market is definatley aimed toward the 5 - 13 demographic. Hasbro really isn't to concerned with the collectors market, though the re-issues are aimed toward us. That is a very small peice of Hasbro's pie. And as far as the re-issues go, Hasbro's are nice, but Takara'a are better. Just compare your 2nd sereis re-issue Starscream against #9 from Takara. The paint jobs tell all. And does anyone really think that Hasbro would have done the re-issue thing if Takara hadn't done it first.

yeah.... however I always end up buying hasbro Tf's to hold me over till I get the Takara ones, in the mail.... and have more than one to compare is always fun too.. haha

First let me point out Contessa that I'm no kid and second if Hasbros 20th Anniversary Prime is a kidde toy as you call it then so is MP Prime by Takara. There is no difference between the two except for boxing, price and the battle damage and smoke stacks. So ah you can call Takaras MP Prime a kidde toy as well ok? I will agree with you on this and thats that we are or some of us here, are collectors of TF and we buy what we want no matter what others might say. You dont like Hasbro then dont buy it, its that simple. But quit condeming a company thats been the cornerstone of the TF line alot longer then Takara has. I'm sorry but you post rubbed me the wrong way but I'm glad you cleared it up for me.

 

 

 

:usa

The only reason why I called it a kiddie toy was cuz of the smoke stacks being shorter, so it could be sold to the younger age group! It was even mentioned at a hasbro interview! which was posted down at TF2005! anyway, yes all toys are for kids, but we are the kids who boy it, but hasbro has to modify it's tf's to make it pass US laws and child saftey rules....

To me, it depends on the toy in question.

 

For example, I'd never buy a US reissue Starscream, because I think the oversized missiles look bad. The Takara reissue, on the other hand, stands proudly on my shelf, Megatron in hand.

 

On the other side of the coin, I don't really care for excessive die cast. Thus I prefer Alternators over Binaltech; the plastic's lower weight makes it easier to play with, and the paint doesn't scrape off as easily (especially problematic with Smokescreen's shoulder/steering peices scraping around during transformation, so I hear).

 

I never bought Armada Starscream because I didn't care for the silver paint. Then I found ML Starscream at an import store for almost the same price (about $25, close enough) and snagged it, and it remains one of my favorite Armada/ML figures.

 

MPOP is too expensive for me. Whereas working at Target, I get a discount. So, make mine 20th Anniversary Op. (And I prefer the look of the shorter stacks anyway, but I'm willing to accept that my aesthetics may be in the minority there.)

 

I could go on and on, but...well, I'm too lazy. :tfgrin Suffice it to say I take things on a case-by-case basis.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.