Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hasbro vs. Takara

Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer? 258 members have voted

  1. 1. Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer?

    • Takara
      63%
      137
    • Hasbro
      36%
      79

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Perhaps this has or has not been mentioned, but when you said "Hasbro", you failed to distinguish between hasbro (USA) and Hasbro (others, such as UK, Australia, etc).

I did mention which Hasbro, I said the US. I am not going to talk about UK if I don't live there.

  • Replies 410
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
See? THIS is what I'm talking about!m Not being afraid to take the garbage thrown at us by cold, unfeeling toy corporations, and turning it into shining gold! GO KITBASHERS!!

I agree! Need to muster the courage to change my old G1 Megs, his hest is damaged, anyone know how to fix him if the turrent snapped off? It held by one plastic piece. Oh boy. :tfhuh

I have to say takara because they are the true source and they cater to the collector a little more, though why there was no black gun for MPOP, i still don't understand.

The black blaster will be available soon enough, if yours is sealed you should be able to exchange it.

Hey Fortress... did you get info about takara including a black blaster for MPOP? I hadn't heard of this and just wanted to find out more info. thanks

hasbro. cuz it's here and it's easier to get. that's the ONLY reason it's better

Just buy both! Anyway, I voted Takara. Almost every Transformer ('cept Shockwave, Omega, Deluxe Insecticons, Deluxe Autobots, Jetfire?) have *Takara* molded into them...I think. That should tell you something.

 

P.S. I love my Takara micromaster reissues & I hope Hasbro doesn't mess up Universe Defensor.

That should tell you something.

Not really.

 

P.S. I love my Takara micromaster reissues & I hope Hasbro doesn't mess up Universe Defensor.

Uh, why? If you already have the reissue, why would you care?

That should tell you something.
Not really.

 

Hmmm...That tells me something :wave hahaha.....

 

P.S. I love my Takara micromaster reissues & I hope Hasbro doesn't mess up Universe Defensor.
Uh, why? If you already have the reissue, why would you care?

 

Good question. Maybe it's so people who buy hasbro issues won't get super jealous and want to steal his takara ones. :eek

Personally, I've had to swim through this "debate" too many times and I'm bored to tears with it. In the end it's up to you what you decide out of preference or cost effectiveness. I go with Hasbro about %90 of the time because they deliver consistently and domestically which is easy on me in terms of acquisition and even easier on the wallet. Takara makes loads of neat stuff, but often in less than generous quantities. I'll buy from them what I can't get from Hasbro and if I've got the cash to blow then I usually get something of theirs on a whim.

 

Why anyone wants to accuse another of "whining" or scrutinize another's personal preference is beyond me. I love 'em both because it was no single entity that crafted the franchise I've held so dear for so long. I'd like to think that since we've got the option to CHOOSE that might make some people less edgy about the whole concept, but I've noticed the Takara purists often groom the biggest nutjobs. These are toys, this story is fictional, we are collectors and fans. It's all the same franchise and that some of you froth over which is better rather than celebrate how wondrous they are together saddens me deeply.

P.S. I love my Takara micromaster reissues & I hope Hasbro doesn't mess up Universe Defensor.

Uh, why? If you already have the reissue, why would you care?

...because I care about the quality of the products that Hasbro decides to sell in the US. I don't care much for sports teams but I "follow" the products that certain companies market. JVC, Palm One, Nintendo...People talk about baseball and hockey and I talk about TV shows, movies, toys, technology, and religion. Personal choice, anyway.

 

For the same reason that I want Viz Graphics to make quality graphic novels of "Dragon Ball", I want Hasbro to do it's best to bring a quality product (or recolor) to market. I could continue ad nausea, but I won't. If Hasbro makes a sad recolor (ie: Universe Sideburn, Universe Prowl, Energon Rapid Run, Treadbolt...) It makes the whole company look bad. Enough said.

I think this debate over who's better has run its course with no clear winner. Like I and others have said its up to the person who wants to buy what. Lets just enjoy what we are getting from both companies and let this debate end once and for all. Its time to move onto another subject because as I said this Takara vs Hasbro thing has run its course now lets move on.

 

 

 

 

:usa

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.