Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hasbro vs. Takara

Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer? 258 members have voted

  1. 1. Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer?

    • Takara
      63%
      137
    • Hasbro
      36%
      79

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Without Takara there'd be no Diaclone and Microchange toys to become Transformers.

 

Without Hasbro/Marvel there'd be no storyline based on those toys to care about.

 

Think about that. They're both intertwined to this day. They're both deserving of praise, and in some cases criticism.

 

"better" equals preference, "better" does not equal fact. :)

  • Replies 410
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kinda what I was saying but i couldn't have said it better myself

I pick Takara for the boxart and the use of the packaging. IMO they look nicer than most of the Hasbro versions, the reissues, RiD, Armada and Energon lines are some examples. I just wish both Takara and Hasbro had a uniform system of packaging the TF. As for the TF themselves I like Hasbro due to the price. For myself it is considerably cheaper to get my TF fix from Hasbro instead of shelling out extra monies for the Takara version. Still there are some Takara versions I prefer over the Hasbro versions, but not many and my collection shows it. Overall, Hasbro won my vote with the pricing and availability at many large retail stores in the USA. IF I had limitless funds however, I would purchase many more Takara versions and their special/exclusives in JP, over the Hasbro versions.

I have to say takara because they are the true source and they cater to the collector a little more, though why there was no black gun for MPOP, i still don't understand.

The black blaster will be available soon enough, if yours is sealed you should be able to exchange it.

Just one more reason I'm thrilled with my 20th annivesary Prime (short stacks and all!) (Looks loveingly at the jet black gun in prime's hand)

I'm going with hasbro.

 

I've had nothing but bad luck and poor quality items from takara.

 

First reissue starscream-arms are very loose. Someone even made a kit to fix them, it was that bad.

 

ML hotshot-I got a MISB one from ebay. Guess what? the LED was missing. batteries, switch, etc was there, but no led.

 

Car Robots Fire convoy-chrome was chipped before I even got it out of the box.

Car robots Magnus-same thing.

 

and that's just a few, that come to mind. Only problem i've had with hasbro stuff, has been cracking tires on the rid toys, and hasbro sent me new tires when I complained.

I must agree with Edbomber and all everyone else who is with... TAKARA.. you know it just doesn't get any better, than that!! Hasbro is okay, but for kids if ya ask me...

US grown ups who collect, buy TAKARA...for LIFE....

unless your a kid who cant front the money well then understandable....

I've got a question for you Contessa Convoy. Are you saying that Hasbro's 20th Anniversary Prime is not a collectors peice because it has the shorter smoke stacks and battle damage? And are you saying that the people such as myself are kids because we bought Hasbros version? If your saying that Hasbros version is not as good as the Takara version YOUR WRONG and if you are saying that those of us who bought the Hasbro version are just kids who cant afford the Takara version well all I can say is your WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! :stone

I must agree with Edbomber and all everyone else who is with... TAKARA.. you know it just doesn't get any better, than that!! Hasbro is okay, but for kids if ya ask me...

US grown ups who collect, buy TAKARA...for LIFE....

unless your a kid who cant front the money well then understandable....

Man and I didn't think it could get any worse than J "Anyone who likes Hasbro is racist againist Asians!" Anderson as far as Takara fanboyism goes....looks like I was wrong :tdown

 

I've got a question for you Contessa Convoy. Are you saying that Hasbro's 20th Anniversary Prime is not a collectors peice because it has the shorter smoke stacks and battle damage? And are you saying that the people such as myself are kids because we bought Hasbros version? If your saying that Hasbros version is not as good as the Takara version YOUR WRONG and if you are saying that those of us who bought the Hasbro version are just kids who cant afford the Takara version well all I can say is your WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! :stone

 

Good points :thumb

I've got a question for you Contessa Convoy. Are you saying that Hasbro's 20th Anniversary Prime is not a collectors peice because it has the shorter smoke stacks and battle damage? And are you saying that the people such as myself are kids because we bought Hasbros version? If your saying that Hasbros version is not as good as the Takara version YOUR WRONG and if you are saying that those of us who bought the Hasbro version are just kids who cant afford the Takara version well all I can say is your WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! :stone

Well incase you didn't know most of and all of Hasbro's Transformers are marketed towards kids---and if it wasnt then it would have had long stacks, and YES you bought the Kiddie version. And I never made any direct reference to you or any specific collectors about only being able to afford the cheeper hasbro versions, but if the shoe fits then WEAR it..... I was just saying Hasbro has to be cheeper so parents will buy it for their kids.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.