Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hasbro vs. Takara

Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer? 258 members have voted

  1. 1. Takara vs. Hasbro, Which do you prefer?

    • Takara
      63%
      137
    • Hasbro
      36%
      79

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

I agree with WRX. If it werent for Hasbro and Marvel we wouldnt have the TF. They were the ones responsible for the success of TF.

 

 

 

:usa

wrong.taraka made the original transformer toys!!

  • Replies 410
  • Views 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wrong.taraka made the original transformer toys!!

Wrong! takara made transforming toys. those toys were imported to the usa by hasbro, and re-sold under the transformers name. the diaclone and microchange lines prolly would have done pretty well here, but there stories were nothing compared to the TF's. without hasbro brining them here, we might not have beast wars, or anyonther line of TF's.

I like Hasbro for availablity/$ and Takara for the actual transformer. I do have both in my collection

TAKARA

 

Although people say Hasbro has price, heres what I paid for my collection, which I aquired from ebay (prices INCLUDE shipping)vs Retail price (includes 7.5% FL state sales tax) of the corresponding Hasbro toy:

 

Collection 02 Prowl $22.50 vs TRU $32.24

 

Collection 01 Jazz $33.00 vs TRU $32.24

 

Collection 0 Convoy $55.00 vs TRU $42.99 (currently unavailable in TRU stores - on ebay ~ $50 and up)

 

Collection 9 Starscream $33.00 vs TRU $32.24 (currently unavailable in TRU stores - on ebay ~ $50 and up)

 

MP Convoy $110 vs $69.86 @ Walmart for US vers.

 

Hasbro wins in MP Prime and Alternators for quality and price. Binaltech is certainly NOT worth 3x price for the metal. Prime is up to personal choice for the extra $40 for the cardboard trailer, elongated stacks and lack of battle damage. But as far as g1 reissues go (which makes up the bulk of my collection) - Takara all the way. The only bad thing I can say is my 01 Jazz has a loose-as-nuts torso.

 

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention no Megs ever for hasbro and no soundwave

Those prices you got are just luck. and you got them from the internet. the reason I went with hasbro is for availibility. I can go to my walmart and get a 20th op right now for $60. if I got the takara version, I'd pay over $100, and have to wait a few days.

I'd rather get the toy now, and have it now.

one word.... METAL

thanks takara...

Well guys, as far as Mpop goes I have never seen such a fueled debate on which one was better than the other. I prefer the Takara version I guess because of the smokestacks and the fact that without all the battle damage...he just looks perfect. I like the die casting on the Binaltech figures and what Takara has done with the Beast Wars Neo figures. I onlu wished that Hasbro did bring some of these over to the states. Most of those would have done fantastically in the stores. In RID you can't tell me that the giant robotsign on the side of Super Fife Optimis didnt look great.

 

I do buy a lot of the hasbro figures and havent seen a problem with them at all although for this new Energon line the Decepticons, minus Tidalwave, really wowed me.

In light of all of this, I came up with my own solutions:

 

1) Bad joints and paint problems: If I get something that BAD, I simply FIX IT. 20 years of collecting transformers has taught me that unless you do something about the problem, you have no right to complain. And yes, I have written in to both companies, and neither one really cares. So I prefer to remedy things my way.

 

2) If Hasbro or Takara won't come out with something, I'll build the damn thing MYSELF. I built my own chracter ( Looks like my avatar), as well as my own custom designed macross valkyrie. I realize that not everybody has the know-how, but that's why I posted "The Idiot's Guide to Kitbashing" on the toy discussion forum: so it doesn't take them 20 years to learn what I do!

 

3) I was not only able to make the rocket launchers work on my reissues, but I acually got prime's trailer to shoot roller across the room, simply by doing a little work on the launcher mechanism. If you guys really want something, pick up a screwdriver, and GET TO IT!! And don't tell me "Well, it's good for you to have these skills, but we don't so.." I didn't know CRAP about it 20 years ago!! it took me all that time to get it right!!

 

So, not to come off the wrong way, but the lesson I learned back then: if they can't do it RIGHT, you gotta do it YOURSELF. And it's a lot easier than you might think. materials aren't that expensive, and you might surprise yourselves. Anyone up to the challenge, or does Hasbro and takara win AGAIN?

Beautifully put! Way to stuff that in the craw of the entire thread! :tflaugh Which I'm shocked and kind of sad is still going since it's all really a moot point since even if there is an eventual winner, it's not going to change a bloody thing since we're still being to buy the same things from the same companies out of convenience and/or preference.

 

That was so elequently put that I'm never touching one of these pointless arguments ever again, since if it's not good enough for someone then they should stop pissing and moaning and MAKE IT meet their outlandish requirements! Wouldn't be the first I've resorted to such action and I can practically guarantee that it won't be the last. :thumb

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.