Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TF Animated cartoon coming to hub in July

Recommended Posts

Am I the only person on this board that loved Animated? Guess I'll go put myself down behind the shed.

 

Would love season 3 to come to dvd. Would also love Prime to fail miserably and Animated to come back. Cybertron was trash. Not sure why were bringing toys into this since this is about the show but those damn things were marvels of engineering despite some QC problems (to which I had one and Onslaught had many :D).

 

Wish I still had them too :( Stupid me being poor!

The Cybertron toys were the pinnacle of all Transformers toys the only line that has surpassed Cybertron is the ClassicVerse. However I think you have the QC issues with the wrong line since the Cybertron toys were marvels of engineering like you said. :D

 

Cybertron also had better episodes, Cybertron also proved something else no matter how F%&$ed up Hasbro does (Armada, Energon) Cybertron proved they can make great toys. Crosswise, Soundwave, and Soundblaster are still some of the top figures of all time. Something that Armada, Energon, and Animated are no where near. :P

 

1. I didn't dislike Animated, I just didn't love it. It was one of my least favorite transformers series, but I like all Transformers

2. Even if Prime did fail, they would just create a new show

3. Cybertron was the best Transformers show ever!

4. Cybertron did have amazing toys, but my biggest thing is the characters... It had amazing characters (Not to mention an amazing Starscream... Took on and beat every single Autobot alone! That takes skill!

5. Soundblaster... also known as Logos Prime...

  • Replies 75
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only person on this board that loved Animated?

. Would also love Prime to fail miserably and Animated to come back.

 

im with you 100 percent on this one breaker

Good! Hopefully this means we'll finally get season 3 on DVD now that they've apparently worked out their beef with Cartoon Network. Hell, they just need to release the entire Animated series in a collectors set.

The show and the figures were amazing! I can't wait to watch it all again!

  • Author

The Cybertron toys were the pinnacle of all Transformers toys the only line that has surpassed Cybertron is the ClassicVerse. However I think you have the QC issues with the wrong line since the Cybertron toys were marvels of engineering like you said. :D

 

Cybertron also had better episodes, Cybertron also proved something else no matter how F%&$ed up Hasbro does (Armada, Energon) Cybertron proved they can make great toys. Crosswise, Soundwave, and Soundblaster are still some of the top figures of all time. Something that Armada, Energon, and Animated are no where near. :P

 

My fan opinion below:

 

 

1- I'd rate the animated cartoon/toy line as being inferior to the cybertron cartoon/toy line

 

2- Thus far the TF Prime cartoon is awesome. due to hasbro aiming it at older kids. the series has a very serious tone. great character developement. this series,I feel has the poptential to being the best TF cartoon series ever. Thus far i'm 50/50 on the TF Prime cartoon/toy designs.

Am I the only person on this board that loved Animated? Guess I'll go put myself down behind the shed.

 

Would love season 3 to come to dvd. Would also love Prime to fail miserably and Animated to come back. Cybertron was trash. Not sure why were bringing toys into this since this is about the show but those damn things were marvels of engineering despite some QC problems (to which I had one and Onslaught had many :D).

 

Wish I still had them too :( Stupid me being poor!

 

Blitz and I would wholeheartedly disagree with you, sir. We tag-teamed the entire series run, providing rundowns and reviews! We loved the show as much as you did.

 

The Cybertron toys were the pinnacle of all Transformers toys the only line that has surpassed Cybertron is the ClassicVerse. However I think you have the QC issues with the wrong line since the Cybertron toys were marvels of engineering like you said. :D

 

Cybertron also had better episodes, Cybertron also proved something else no matter how F%&$ed up Hasbro does (Armada, Energon) Cybertron proved they can make great toys. Crosswise, Soundwave, and Soundblaster are still some of the top figures of all time. Something that Armada, Energon, and Animated are no where near. :P

 

My fan opinion below:

 

 

1- I'd rate the animated cartoon/toy line as being inferior to the cybertron cartoon/toy line

 

2- Thus far the TF Prime cartoon is awesome. due to hasbro aiming it at older kids. the series has a very serious tone. great character developement. this series,I feel has the poptential to being the best TF cartoon series ever. Thus far i'm 50/50 on the TF Prime cartoon/toy designs.

 

I don't think you need to let us know that it is your fan opinion, man. We are all fans here. No need to point that out!

Can we have an "in my fan opinion" emoticon? We need new emotes on here, lol

1) Hell to the NO with the "Animated Ultimate" DVD set. I don't want to ditch my S1 and S2 sets. S2 was a BITCH to find. Just give me an S3 set and I'll be a happy camper.

 

2) It's obviously a difference of opinion, but Animated > Cybertron. There's several reasons. First, the translation from Galaxy Force to Cybertron was boned up. Second, a short list:

 

Metroplex

Menosaur

Override

Unicron

Thundercracker/Skywarp

Lugnutz

Brimstone

Backstop

Crumplezone

 

All mediocre to terrible figures. The only mediocre to terrible figure that comes to mind in Animated is Jetstorm/Jetfire. I could go on, but I'll stop there.

 

Yes, Animated is a singular canon and it's hard to adapt the figures to a subsequent line. However, isn't that the goal of a toymaker? To make each series so vastly different from the last that the new toys would be sought after? How many Cybertron figures were recycled into a new line? Not very many that I can think of. Certainly none of the real popular figures. I don't get the Animated bashing. All I can boil it down to is that it was so cut from the cloth that those who despise change just automatically despised Animated. Personally, I'll always have a place in my heart for cel animated versus CGI.

 

As for Prime, I have liked the series so far. It's not perfect, and the CGI is soulless at times, but I think it's a fine add to the TF universe. For Transformers to survive as a franchise, they constantly need to change the aesthetics. Not just with the shows, but with the figures and the premise as well. If they had the same backstory or recycled said back story over and over, the show would be done. Let go of the old, embrace the new.

I get your preference in animation style Blitz. I grew up watching the likes of G1 and you will never get that level of life, detail and love into cg animation. Just look at the 86 movie. For example when Devastator tears through the wall, you see the bits of computer screen cacking, losing power then finally shattering. You don't get that level of detailing these days in cartoons, you just get crap level animation, like adventure time.

 

Was there a season three of animated?

only saw the first few episodes of Animated. never got into it that much. if my DVR would record these in order, i'd probably try to watch it.

They were aired sporadically on the uk cartoon network so I gave up

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.