Lets guess MP-14's character Identity.

Shadowpanther

Red Alert

BBTS has Sideswipe AND Red Alert listed as MP-12. I could see Red Alert ending up being 14 to separate the two. It would make much more sense.

It would but they have already announced his number as MP-12R or we could all have the wrong information and MP-14 really is Red Alert. Though I do think they need to make an MP Onslaught already, then make the 4 Combaiticons in MP style. so we would end up with MP Bruticus

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though I do think they need to make an MP Onslaught already, then make the 4 Combaiticons in MP style. so we would end up with MP Bruticus

In my fan opinion below:

I don't think we'll ever see masterpiece TF combiners because they'll cost over $300 to $400+.

I suspect the main reason Takara decreased the MP TF toy size. is because Hasbro asked them to. Hasbro gets the most out of the TF molds because they distribute to more countries than Takara does. Hasbro had a hard time trying to convince USA based retailers to sell super big & high priced MP TF's. So takara made e'm smaller so Hasbro could sell e'm in american retail stores.

I suspect MP-12 was made super small & cheaply priced to please Hasbro & it's buyers.

Personally,I suspect any combiners new molds we see. will be made for the cheaper priced TF toy lines like generations,TF Prime & the movie-verse.

Sunstreaker

Could be since they have the mold and it wouldn't require much retooling. But, hopefully they'll wait a while down the road since we're getting Sideswipe and Red Alert at the same time.

I highly doubt Takara is gonna over flood the matket & it's customers with three color variations/remolds/persona's of MP lambor/redalert/sunstreaker within a 6 month time span.

Though I do think they need to make an MP Onslaught already, then make the 4 Combaiticons in MP style. so we would end up with MP Bruticus

In my fan opinion below:

I don't think we'll ever see masterpiece TF combiners because they'll cost over $300 to $400+.

I suspect the main reason Takara decreased the MP TF toy size. is because Hasbro asked them to. Hasbro gets the most out of the TF molds because they distribute to more countries than Takara does. Hasbro had a hard time trying to convince USA based retailers to sell super big & high priced MP TF's. So takara made e'm smaller so Hasbro could sell e'm in american retail stores.

I suspect MP-12 was made super small & cheaply priced to please Hasbro & it's buyers.

Personally,I suspect any combiners new molds we see. will be made for the cheaper priced TF toy lines like generations,TF Prime & the movie-verse.

Well of coarse it will never happen, It's Hasbro they would never do something like that because it is what the fans want. Even if they figured out how to space it out so Each one would be affordable like TFC's Hercules. Hasbro wont do something that would make the masses happy like that.

In my fan opinion below:

Well of coarse it will never happen, It's Hasbro they would never do something like that because it is what the fans want. Even if they figured out how to space it out so Each one would be affordable like TFC's Hercules. Hasbro wont do something that would make the masses happy like that.

In My fan opinion below:

Hasbro is not the fault. Everything Hasbro creates is tailored to the USA/UK/Canada/Aus retail chains store needs. most stores hasbro distributes to worldwide don't like carrying the bigger higher priced ticket items.

Since the retail stores call the shots & not Hasbro. I highly doubt any retail store hasbro distributes to will ever carry a MP TF individual deluxe/voyager combiner component for the super high price of $50 to $70 each. then force buyers to buy all 5 seperatly in order to form the gestalt mode for $250 to $350.

IMHO,Hasbro will create new mold combiners in the cheaper priced TF toy lines. because this will be the only way their retail stores around the world will order & stock them in stores.

I highly doubt Takara is gonna over flood the matket & it's customers with three color variations/remolds/persona's of MP lambor/redalert/sunstreaker within a 6 month time span.

Well let's see, The G1 mold was used for Sideswipe, Red Alert, Deep Cover, and Clamp Down, so there are plenty of uses left. Sunstreaker did not become an extra repaint until the Generations line where you turn Sideswipe around and that became Sunstreaker, plus we now have Breakdown using the mold. So the repaints would all fit.

Hasbro is not the fault. Everything Hasbro creates is tailored to the USA/UK/Canada/Aus retail chains store needs. most stores hasbro distributes to worldwide don't like carrying the bigger higher priced ticket items.

Since the retail stores call the shots & not Hasbro. I highly doubt any retail store hasbro distributes to will ever carry a MP TF individual deluxe/voyager combiner component for the super high price of $50 to $70 each. then force buyers to buy all 5 seperatly in order to form the gestalt mode for $250 to $350.

IMHO,Hasbro will create new mold combiners in the cheaper priced TF toy lines. because this will be the only way their retail stores around the world will order & stock them in stores.

Considering that Hasbro does not own the MP molds, I do not see where you are getting this about Hasbro. So you are definitely wrong here.

Takara the one who does own the molds has a habit of repainting the molds, Also the Takara version is the more expensive and they would not make them if they did not make money. MP Bruticus would be right up their alley to do.

I am also sure that Takara and E-Hobby just might do repaints of the Lambor mold into Clamp Down and Deep Cover. Also if Takara does do the Combaticons. Hasbro will follow suit and release them here. That way Hasbro can get in on the money also.

Now will Hasbro ever create more combiners? I'm sure they will, Now will they be like the FOC Bruticus or the Maximus Combiners? probably not. As to do Diaclone or Scramble city type is more for reissues. However Hasbro could easily take the Scramble City type and make it work with articulation. They just prefer not to. That is why we ended up with FOC Bruticus.

And if Hasbro was really tailered to the retail chains there would not be so many problems, with getting figures. It is more of Hasbro shoving figures the retail chains and buyers do not want down the throats of everyone. And giving the MP line to TRU who is just as bad as Hasbro with distribution problems. And are lucky to find them at the store

MP cassette versus 2 packs are in our future!!!

I'm gonna assume each MP Soundwave or MP Blaster. Will each come with Two to Four MP Cassettes.

I'm also gonna guess,that if takara wants to release new mold MP Cassettes. then they'll be included with the MP Soundblaster & MP Twincast repaints.

I honestly don't see Takara nor Hasbro selling MP Cassettes all by themselves in a accessory pack. Because Takara nor Hasbro has never released accessory kits for any of the other MP TF toys.

you can guess in your honest opinion honestly assuming all you want! you don't work for Takara so you have no idea what they will do. And you shouldn't doubt them either. Just because they haven't done a versus set before (last i checked, G1 cassettes were released in 2 packs outside of the Cassette Warriors (G1 BLASTER DIDNT EVEN COME WITH ANY CASSETTES AT ALL!!!!!)), doesn't mean they won't do it. Hasbro surprised everyone when they announced the US release of MP-10 was going to come with the trailer.

And to no ones surprise, people still complained.

Well let's see, The G1 mold was used for Sideswipe, Red Alert, Deep Cover, and Clamp Down, so there are plenty of uses left. Sunstreaker did not become an extra repaint until the Generations line where you turn Sideswipe around and that became Sunstreaker, plus we now have Breakdown using the mold. So the repaints would all fit.

Considering that Hasbro does not own the MP molds, I do not see where you are getting this about Hasbro. So you are definitely wrong here.

Takara the one who does own the molds has a habit of repainting the molds, Also the Takara version is the more expensive and they would not make them if they did not make money. MP Bruticus would be right up their alley to do.

I am also sure that Takara and E-Hobby just might do repaints of the Lambor mold into Clamp Down and Deep Cover. Also if Takara does do the Combaticons. Hasbro will follow suit and release them here. That way Hasbro can get in on the money also.

Now will Hasbro ever create more combiners? I'm sure they will, Now will they be like the FOC Bruticus or the Maximus Combiners? probably not. As to do Diaclone or Scramble city type is more for reissues. However Hasbro could easily take the Scramble City type and make it work with articulation. They just prefer not to. That is why we ended up with FOC Bruticus.

And if Hasbro was really tailered to the retail chains there would not be so many problems, with getting figures. It is more of Hasbro shoving figures the retail chains and buyers do not want down the throats of everyone. And giving the MP line to TRU who is just as bad as Hasbro with distribution problems. And are lucky to find them at the store

honest fan opinions can't be wrong. they're not facts....

Red Alert

BBTS has Sideswipe AND Red Alert listed as MP-12. I could see Red Alert ending up being 14 to separate the two. It would make much more sense.

It would but they have already announced his number as MP-12R or we could all have the wrong information and MP-14 really is Red Alert. Though I do think they need to make an MP Onslaught already, then make the 4 Combaiticons in MP style. so we would end up with MP Bruticus

DUDE, I was going to put Onslaught down on my list. I was just looking at Classics Onslaught a d how bad ass be us. And I believe you're right about Red Alert. That's good, so we can get somebody different for 14.

Sunstreaker needs to be a entire new mold if he gets made.

And as for a MP Bruticus.......seriously guys???

I'd want that more than anything else

My main one is Onslaught. But then I am kind of Partial LOL

But if you like Classics Onslaught, and you have a second one or willing to modify your classics Onnslaught, get the Headrobots Butcher upgrade. I have one Onslaught with the upgrade, a normal Classics Onslaught marked as Not For Sale, and Henkei Onslaught.. Yes I like the mold LOL

Archived