Classics Blitzwing

Backfire

Like Shadowpanther pointed out though: TF:A Blitzwing isn't a bad figure or character to use in the stead of a more modern toy.

The issue is that the toy is based on Animated design -- and I'm not saying it's bad, but it's visually a distinctively different aesthetic from Classicsverse and doesn't quite mesh. Not for me anyway. I mean, I really like Animated Arcee. She's the closest legit transforming toy that looks like G1 Arcee. But she still has Animated aesthetics, and I would love for Hasbro to give us a Generations Arcee.

Also, I experienced massive quality issues with my Hasbro Animated Blitzwings - I bought one, it had a defect. Refunded it and bought another one from another store in another area, also defective. Refunded that and bought a third one from another store in yet another area - defect. So I gave up and kept it... then later got a TakaraTOMY Animated Blitzwing which is defect-free. So erm... yeah... I've had bad luck with Animated Blitzwing. :(

animated_blitzwing_qcmondai.jpg

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'd think G1 Blitz would be the next logical step in completing the Con triple-changers. They gave us Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge. It's time they finish off the Con triple changer cycle. Or for Fansproject to FINALLY make one damnit!

Well people have been claiming for the Autobot triple changers and so far only Fansproject has listened with Warbot Defender. and soon Warbot Assaulter. Which only leaves Sandstorm

I haven't seen any pics of Assaulter. Only a blacked out coming soon image from a toy fair a couple years ago. Link?

I'd love a Blitzwing, but i sure would love another crack at some Beast Wars figures too like Rattrap and Rhinox.

Only if they did it right with Rhinox, they screwed up big time with Cheetor, I can't even get my Universe Cheetor to stand up on his own.

I haven't seen any pics of Assaulter. Only a blacked out coming soon image from a toy fair a couple years ago. Link?

Here is a pic of a colored illustration of Assaulter

You might have to register with Fansproject Core. It is free so no worries there

I'd personally love a Classics Blitzwing. It would be truly interesting to see if modern-day toy technology could squeeze a modern-day tank out of a modern-day fighter jet and get a good robot mode out of the whole deal as well.

I'd think it would have to be a voyager to get the most out of the mold, but G1 Blitz was basically a deluxe, so what do I know?

Like Shadowpanther pointed out though: TF:A Blitzwing isn't a bad figure or character to use in the stead of a more modern toy.

Eh, TFA has no place in the ClassicVerse, so we need a Blitzwing to be made, a long with Broadside (FP Assaulter), Sandstorm. I do think its funny how Hasbro has stuck with the Decepticon Triple Changers and have ignored the Autobot triple changers, And when Hasbro creates the FOC Dinobots they all better be Voyager with Grimlock being Ultra

In my fan opinion below.

Hasbro/Takara doesn't create that many voyager sized TF new molds per year. the non-media TF toy lines usually get less newer bigger new mold voyagers & ultra's. I'm guessing hasbro/takara won't release 4 voyager sized FOC dinobots. we'll be lucky if hasbro releases 4 deluxe sized FOC Dinobots & one Voyager sized FOC Grimlock.

Honetly if Hasbro/Takara decides to give us 7 new mold voyagers in 2013 for generations. I just don't see the FOC Dinobots swallowing up 5 out of 7 of those voyagers 2013 new molds. Hasbro/Takara will at the very least try to be fair & give fans/buyers 7 different variety styled TF characters getting the voyager size treatment. like maybe as follows: ( 1)1986 voyager FOC 2013 Razorclaw. (2) 1989 TF Victory foc 2013 voyager deathsauras. (3)1989 tripple changer springer foc voyager. (4)FOC Voyager Jetfire. (5)FOC Voyager Blaster. (6) 2013 generations voyager snapdragon.(7)FOC Voyager Grimlock.

The $27 usa Ultra size class has stopped making newer molds since 2008. So I highly doubt we'd be getting a $27 USA Ultra sized FOC Grimlock toy for a non-media TF toy line.

Hasbro,hasn't ignored Springer. we've received a few Springer new molds,repaints,store exclusives & botcon toys that bear the name Springer. lets not forget Takara's name for energon $27 USA Ultra Sized Bulkhead is called "Springer". sure their not tripple changers but they still count.

Perhaps Hasbro & Takara feel the Autobot tripple changers aren't as popular nor memorable as the Decepticon tripple changers.

FWIW,In season 3/1986 Spinger hardly ever transformed into his 4 wheel vechicle mode. we only really see springer transform into his 4 wheeled mode in outro scenes at the end of each episode.

I think animated blitzwing is one of the better designed animated toys. it's not a bad stand in until hasbro creates a generations/MP/Whatever blitzwing toy.

Personally if I had my way,I'd rather Hasbro/Takara released new mold generations toys for the other decepticon tripple changers from 1987 & 1988. like the two horrorcons apeface & snapdragon & 1988 double dealer.

In my fan opinion below.

Hasbro/Takara doesn't create that many voyager sized TF new molds per year. the non-media TF toy lines usually get less newer bigger new mold voyagers & ultra's. I'm guessing hasbro/takara won't release 4 voyager sized FOC dinobots. we'll be lucky if hasbro releases 4 deluxe sized FOC Dinobots & one Voyager sized FOC Grimlock.

The $27 usa Ultra size class has stopped making newer molds since 2008. So I highly doubt we'd be getting a $27 USA Ultra sized FOC Grimlock toy for a non-media TF toy line.

Hasbro,hasn't ignored Springer. we've received a few Springer new molds,repaints,store exclusives & botcon toys that bear the name Springer. lets not forget Takara's name for energon $27 USA Ultra Sized Bulkhead is called "Springer". sure their not tripple changers but they still count.

Perhaps Hasbro & Takara feel the Autobot tripple changers aren't as popular nor memorable as the Decepticon tripple changers.

FWIW,In season 3/1986 Spinger hardly ever transformed into his 4 wheel vechicle mode. we only really see springer transform into his 4 wheeled mode in outro scenes at the end of each episode.

I think animated blitzwing is one of the better designed animated toys. it's not a bad stand in until hasbro creates a generations/MP/Whatever blitzwing toy.

Personally if I had my way,I'd rather Hasbro/Takara released new mold generations toys for the other decepticon tripple changers from 1987 & 1988. like the two horrorcons apeface & snapdragon & 1988 double dealer.

I know where you are coming from about the Ultra Molds not being seen in and the last ones to be seen were from the Universe line.

I view the fact that I have one Springer that Transforms into a helicopter and one that Transforms into an assault vehicle, both being repaints as ignoring Springer since he is not a Triple changer, and they don't count as far as I am concerned which is why I bought Warbot Defender.

My issue with TFA Blitzwing is more of an aesthetics view, his have no place in the ClassicVerse, The only reason TFA's Lugnut fits is because his voyager was designed so his aethetics fit with the ClassicVerse.

Actually for Energon Takara used his traditional Japanese name which is Sprung not Springer

Now if they were to redesign TFA's Blitzwing like they did with TFA's Lugnut he could fit in the ClassicVerse, I would prefer a more G1 Blitzwing on my ClassicVerse shelf though

I want to see some more of the Japanese figures get some loving over here like Star Saber, Dai Atlas, Sonic Bomber, and Sky Garry

Archived