Bad buyer on eBay... How should I handle this?

Reluttr

I kinda doubt calling the support would do much help, unless of course I manage to get one of the higher ups in Utah. The rest of the support is basically a living breathing version of the automated help on the ebay website....

I think my best bet at the time would be to get the game back, resell it, and use that to pay off paypal, at least most of it... I know one thing, if this guy does not ship me back the exact same game, in the exact same condition, I will probably seek legal advice.

Of course I could always luck out and they side with me on the matter, this guy did kinda shoot himself in the foot several times. First time when he said he had "several other copys of the game in bad condition", second time when he said he "felt he paid to much for this item and should had paid $300 less".

EDIT:

What I don't understand, if this guy was going to be so nitpicky, why did he not contact me before the listing ended with additional questions? I would had happily answered them to the best of my knowledge. Instead he opted to "try it before he buys it" and is going to cost me the additional shipping, ebay fee's, paypal fee's, paypal overdraft fee's, and lost opportunity. Because no one is going to pay what they originally bid on this game. I think the largest I was offered was $500, meaning I will have to shovel $166 of my own cash into this if he wins.

EDIT:

Ebays 72 hour window to make a decision is almost up. What will happen if they do no issue a verdict by then?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok guys a quick update.

eBay sent me a message at like 3pm stating that they realize that this is a particularly valuable item and would be a fairly big target for return fraud,so they are requiring the buyer to photograph the game and point out his issues so that they may deliberate if it is considerable enough to force a refund. Honestly I dunno what to think of this, as I have not heard of ebay doing this in a case before. I am hoping this is a good sign!

Anyways they offered to let me voice any concerns I have about the situation. So I sent the case manager a very detailed accounting of what this guys has been doing and why I simply have not refunded him. I also forwarded them my detailed images of the item so that they may compare it to the ones the buyer sends them.

Here is hoping I win!

Ok guys a quick update.

eBay sent me a message at like 3pm stating that they realize that this is a particularly valuable item and would be a fairly big target for return fraud,so they are requiring the buyer to photograph the game and point out his issues so that they may deliberate if it is considerable enough to force a refund. Honestly I dunno what to think of this, as I have not heard of ebay doing this in a case before. I am hoping this is a good sign!

Anyways they offered to let me voice any concerns I have about the situation. So I sent the case manager a very detailed accounting of what this guys has been doing and why I simply have not refunded him. I also forwarded them my detailed images of the item so that they may compare it to the ones the buyer sends them.

Here is hoping I win!

I'm hoping you win this.

I would be shocked if eBay sided with the buyer on this one. It is obvious they are taking it very seriously, and if you have provided everything you have told us. It should be a no brainer that you win

Every time I read threads like this, it makes me glad that I don't have an eBay account...

th_facepalm_primeratchet.jpg

how often to do you ready these threads? Most humans are capable of being honest and doing honest things. Ive been on ebay for 13 years and i don't think i've had one problem like this. I'm not saying that i won't have one eventually, but i've been damn lucky. If i have an issue, most of the sellers i buy from work with me. But i don't think i'll ever go to the extent of this bro here. He F**ked up if he was trying to flip it. and he should eat it. like a man.

Every time I read threads like this, it makes me glad that I don't have an eBay account...

th_facepalm_primeratchet.jpg

eBay is definitely not the 'friendly' environment it once was. People disagree with me, as is their right, but for me it all went downhill when buyers could no longer face negative or neutral feedback. It's one sided now. When eBay restores some equality, I'll start using them again for selling. As for now, I avoid them like the Bubonic Plague.

Archived