Hasbro Apologizes for Transformers Prime First Edition Gaffe; Working To Find Ways to Distribute Unreleased Figures

Peter_Van

transformers-prime-sdcc-2011%20(26)__scaled_100.jpg
Hasbro has just sent out a statement regarding the recent cancellation of the Transformers Prime First Edition figures for the United States, apologizing for the issues and they will be working to find ways to get the unreleased figures to market. "Regrettably...the Transformers Prime First Edition Wave 2 Deluxe, Wave 1 Voyager, and Entertainment Pack figures were posted in pre-sale in error" to their retailers in the U.S., Hasbro says in their statement. Continue reading... Read the Full News Story Here

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'd be awesome if they just shipped 'em out to Marshall's/T.J. Maxx/Ross. The only thing better thn great TFs is great TFs at a discount.

Regardless, between this and that sweet FOC Bruticus I'm daring to dream Hasbro is actually becoming more responsive to their fans. Maybe.

It'd be awesome if they just shipped 'em out to Marshall's/T.J. Maxx/Ross. The only thing better thn great TFs is great TFs at a discount.

Regardless, between this and that sweet FOC Bruticus I'm daring to dream Hasbro is actually becoming more responsive to their fans. Maybe.

:agree

I'm hoping that they do get that their fanbase is pretty important and directly geared at their sales. Plus the outcry of "foul" had to do something to get Hasbro's interest. I know I sent them a couple of tweets and was hoping that it wasn't all for naught. Makes me believe that they do check into the boards too to see just what their average fan/customer feels about the company as a whole as well.

This time around, Good show Hasbro! :awsum You get a Bay! :)

So now Hasbro is saying they never intended to release those figures in the US at all? What did we do to deserve that? Of course we thought they'd see release in the US, you've paraded some of these around US toy shows. They even sent press images of the Entertainment pack out a year ago and had it on display at Toy Fair. Last I checked Hasbro was a US toy company so why wouldn't we expect them to release their newest toys here? When was the last time they made a new toy line just for the overseas market? The end of G1? Let's be honest here, Hasbro, you messed up. Somewhere along the line you came up short and now you're scrambling to come up with an excuse. More than likely you were too late in getting the FEs released and now they're too close to the release of the inferior RiD figures so you're simply canceling the FE line.

Emerje

Thats why they only got one Bay.

This is great news for me,as I hate going to ebay & feeding the ebay scalpers. Out of all the first edition prime figures,the only ones I'm interested is voyager sized bulkhead & MAYBE Voyager sized optimus prime.

I might not get first edition optimus prime if the leader sized toy comes out better.

but either way,I definately want the First edition voyager sized bulkhead. I prepared to wait forever to get this at a retail store price. I'll take hasbro at their word & expect this to hit retail stores in america eventually.

Archived