Hasbro Apologizes for Transformers Prime First Edition Gaffe; Working To Find Ways to Distribute Unreleased Figures

Peter_Van

Im shocked that Hasbro admitted they were at fault about something.

They really couldn't hide behind anything for this they are the ones who first announced the end of the 1st edition. Before they realized that the majority never had the chance to get them

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buffalo certainly didn't. The only store in the Buffalo area that was even eligible to get them as the Hamburg store. The Amherst store, Williamsville store, and Niagara Falls store all got completely gipped.

Lately hasbro has been stepping up to the plate & fixing poorly TF distribution problems. recent example: in the 3rd & 4th quarters of 2011 Giving various USA based regular retail strores & discount stores all those poorly distributed TF toys like the last waves of The PCC 5 packs & 2 packs.the last waves of RTS deluxes,last waves of RTS Voyagers & last waves of RTS basics,last laves of RTS legends.

It still doesn't make sense why hasbro doesn't use the Hasbrotoyshop.com site,to unload all the poorly distributed TF toys. I'm thinking the guys running the HTS.com site are lazy,don't care,not that bright or just have a weird ordering/update process system that is obsolete.

Buffalo certainly didn't. The only store in the Buffalo area that was even eligible to get them as the Hamburg store. The Amherst store, Williamsville store, and Niagara Falls store all got completely gipped.

This is also why I hate it when Toys R us in America gets store exclusives. the tru Masterpiece Rodimus Prime Distribution was a royal nightmare. some stores only got 2 cases/4 figures,while other TRU stores got over 20 figures,while other stores got 12. the stores that only got 4,weren't allowed to restock once the item sold out. while the stores that got 16 or over 20,were allowed to re-stock in their computerized automatic ordering system.

apparently TRU when they get store exclusives,they base the ordering volume units on the over-all which store makes more/less money,more/less customer traffic & the over-all low/high income of the area the store is located at.

Un-like walmart that hires & trains employees not to be scalpers. TRU Management enforces no such laws,they don't train against scalping items. most TRU employees have field days scalping items. even going the extra mile to hide stuff in the back.

The worst thing I hate,is when TRU stores in america get store exclusive. the exclusives hardly go on sale/clearance. the two best USA based stores for TF exclusives going on sale/clearance is walmart & target.

They really couldn't hide behind anything for this they are the ones who first announced the end of the 1st edition. Before they realized that the majority never had the chance to get them

Yeah,I think the Hasbro FE voyagers were just sold in Hong kong.

Personally,the only ones who benefited from the hasbro announcement of the FE Prime line being cancelled last week were the ebay scalpers & other on-line scalpers.

I can only imagine,with the recent hasbro announcement of the FE Prime line being promised to hit usa stores. this news was a low blow to the FE Prime toy scalpers. because now they've got all that un-sold stock that hardly anyone will bid on ebay. sure their's gonna get a few bids but no where near the high amounts they were getting a few days ago.

I kinda hope some hong kong scalpers bought hundreds of these FE Prime toys & now their scrambling & trying to get rid of undesired stock. I can only imagine some USA based scalpers made deals with these hong kong scalpers & are now also stuck with undesirable stock.

This situation of taking advantage of the fans/customers for desired items. Is a shameful act at best. reminds me of the Universe Bruticus repaint which was a year 2005 Cybertron ultra sized Scourge toy repainted in BM/Rid deluxe Bruticus colors. some guys bought out all the Stock in hong kong. and they got stuck with all the toy because hardly anyone wanted the toy bad enough to pay ebay scalper prices for it.

I can sorta understand scalping up to two or three toys on ebay per year. but to scalp dozens/hundreds/thousands of toys/stuff per year & to make a living out of doing this just seems kinda sad,cruel,no morals & plain twisted.

Thats why they only got one Bay.

At first I thought your Bay was a little generous as I would've probably given them a Kool Aid Man "Oh yeah!" but now that I know you're working of a Multi-Bay system a one Bay rating seems spot on. I never should have doubted you. Good show!

Lately hasbro has been stepping up to the plate & fixing poorly TF distribution problems. recent example: in the 3rd & 4th quarters of 2011 Giving various USA based regular retail strores & discount stores all those poorly distributed TF toys like the last waves of The PCC 5 packs & 2 packs.the last waves of RTS deluxes,last waves of RTS Voyagers & last waves of RTS basics,last laves of RTS legends.

It still doesn't make sense why hasbro doesn't use the Hasbrotoyshop.com site,to unload all the poorly distributed TF toys. I'm thinking the guys running the HTS.com site are lazy,don't care,not that bright or just have a weird ordering/update process system that is obsolete.

This is also why I hate it when Toys R us in America gets store exclusives. the tru Masterpiece Rodimus Prime Distribution was a royal nightmare. some stores only got 2 cases/4 figures,while other TRU stores got over 20 figures,while other stores got 12. the stores that only got 4,weren't allowed to restock once the item sold out. while the stores that got 16 or over 20,were allowed to re-stock in their computerized automatic ordering system.

apparently TRU when they get store exclusives,they base the ordering volume units on the over-all which store makes more/less money,more/less customer traffic & the over-all low/high income of the area the store is located at.

Un-like walmart that hires & trains employees not to be scalpers. TRU Management enforces no such laws,they don't train against scalping items. most TRU employees have field days scalping items. even going the extra mile to hide stuff in the back.

The worst thing I hate,is when TRU stores in america get store exclusive. the exclusives hardly go on sale/clearance. the two best USA based stores for TF exclusives going on sale/clearance is walmart & target.

Really? I haven't seen shit. I've yet to see anything from DOTM past the first initial waves (everything before Darksteel and nothing after... and no Darksteel). I've seen the same 3 Rescue Bots and thats about it. I worked in retail up thru the 2nd Quarter of 2011 and Hasbro's distribution was always garbage. I don't see anything coming from this apology in all honesty.

And Toys-R-Us is garbage too. In fact I'd rather just get my stuff online from retailers who aren't complete and utter incompetent douche bags then any physical store. The day of the Hunter is over as far as I'm concerned, far too frustrating and a waste of time.

The only one I ever saw as FE Bumblebee, though tonight I did find the Voyager RiD Optimus Prime and the Deluxe RiD Bumblebee. Bought the Optimus Prime and passed on the RiD Bumblebee. I think I will stake out Target this saturday and hopefully find Wheeljack, Vehicon, and Arcee

Really? The Hamburg store is the one nowadays? For years the Williamsville? (Transit) store was THE one that got everything first. I stopped going to the other ones and have only been going to Transit and yes, they didn't get any Prime FE from what I can tell.

And about the distribution being "fair" it definately isn't. Ross got a different assortment than Marshalls did, which is why Windcharger never showed up in this area because there are no Ross stores.

Really? The Hamburg store is the one nowadays? For years the Williamsville? (Transit) store was THE one that got everything first. I stopped going to the other ones and have only been going to Transit and yes, they didn't get any Prime FE from what I can tell.

And about the distribution being "fair" it definately isn't. Ross got a different assortment than Marshalls did, which is why Windcharger never showed up in this area because there are no Ross stores.

Yep. I was lucky though. A friend of mine on Sector 70 managed to get a few from a "Five and Under" store (I think that's the name of the place), and sent me two RTS Windchargers, one of which I just repainted into Tailgate.

Archived