Another Ultimate Prime Rollback?

Blitz-Wing

Call him what you want. Butterfly Prime, King of the Transformer Pixies, or by his real name of Ultimate Optimus Prime. Just 2 months after being released to retail, sales seem to be lagging. Why else would Lord of Toys Walmart slash the price to $59.80? That's a 25% price drop in just 2mos. Target is coming close to the same action, lowering their price to $64.99.

Question is, how low will they need to go to sell them?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Call him what you want. Butterfly Prime, King of the Transformer Pixies, or by his real name of Ultimate Optimus Prime. Just 2 months after being released to retail, sales seem to be lagging. Why else would Lord of Toys Walmart slash the price to $59.80? That's a 25% price drop in just 2mos. Target is coming close to the same action, lowering their price to $64.99.

Question is, how low will they need to go to sell them?

I was thrilled with him at $65. I don't see how fans can say no to a fun figure like that at $59. If I didn't have other stuff to buy - blu-ray player for DOTM, Kre-Optimus Prime, - I'd be getting the raw material for Ultimate Ultra Magnus right now.

My wife is a Customer Service Manager at Walmart and she's been hearing that Ultimate OP will be a Black Friday special clocking in at $40. I'll be waiting until thejn.

If he drops to 40, I'll do it then. I almost got him at the 60 price this past weekend but talked myself out of it luckily.

I do want to stress that for now this is just a rumor guys, but she has a good history of being right about these things. I figure it doesn't hurt to hold off a month. The shelves are stocked w/ Ultimate OP and that doesn't look like it's going to change soon. If I get better intel I'll post it immediately.

Archived