SDCC 2011 - First Looks at New Transformers Prime Figures Optimus Prime, Bulkhead, Zombie Cliffjumper, Vehicon Drone

BaCon

Optimus looks like they were completely lazy with him, you can completely see back pieces like they didn't bother trying to have them fold in one more time

Megatron was looking good then you get to his legs and its screams that they lost interest in finishing up the design

Not worth the $29.99 MSRP Pass

Bulkhead looks like he is about to explode from all the food he shoved down his throat, Pass

Alive Cliffjumper looks a lot better then Zombie Cliffjumper he is a Maybe

Going to have to buy 3 Vehicons

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Optimus looks like they were completely lazy with him, you can completely see back pieces like they didn't bother trying to have them fold in one more time

Megatron was looking good then you get to his legs and its screams that they lost interest in finishing up the design

Not worth the $29.99 MSRP Pass

Bulkhead looks like he is about to explode from all the food he shoved down his throat, Pass

Alive Cliffjumper looks a lot better then Zombie Cliffjumper he is a Maybe

Going to have to buy 3 Vehicons

I'm assuming you're referring to the deluxe version of Prime because the voyager class looks freaking awesome. If you are talking about the deluxe then I totally agree. Megatron looks good, but his fusion cannon is pretty wimpy looking. Cliffjumper was my first transformer so I'm getting him for nostalgic reasons. And, like Blitz, I'm a muscle car fan. It's like they've found that middle ground between movieverse and Animated. I dig them.

Hope they don't screw up Breakdown's red buddy too (his name escapes me).

That would be Topspin.

Gotta be patient, folks. I have a feeling the TF:P lineup is going to be pretty small, so you're gonna get waves in small doses. Soundwave and Ratchet WILl be coming, but likely not unitl Q1 or Q2 of 2012. I believe that was divluged at BotCon.

You mean Knock-Out

I think I've seen that Cliffjumper's head on a black metal album cover. Yikes.

Bulkhead looks fantastic, though. I remember seeing the character renders for the first time and thinking that there was no way they could pull that off as a toy. I have to say I'm happy to have been proven wrong.

Yeah, I just wish their vehicle modes looked realistic like the movie toys. I'd love to see Bulkhead get the same treatment as Lockdown and get a movie style toy. And keep it at least voyager sized.

Prime is pretty close to the movie aesthetic so this is as close of that as you'll see. I see Prime as a cross between Movie and Animated. Just animated with CGI.

Hope they don't screw up Breakdown's red buddy too (his name escapes me).

That would be Topspin.

You mean Knock-Out

Yes, I did mean Knockout :doh

Diggin' the Prime Cons (and my son's gonna love the Bots)! If we're seeing Knockout, hope we'll see Breakdown sometime, maybe later next year. Will probably pick up DOTM Soundwave just cause. Hope we see more from Generations in 2012, but wouldn't be surprised if that was pushed to 2013 with yet another 'new' name. :lol

Totally buying Prime.

That will make Prime number 2, no less.

I hope there's a regular Cliffjumper coming out. First non-BB repaint CJ since Energon, and they pull this? The only reason I'll pick it up would be to encourage Hasbro to release a regular version.

Come on Hasbro I'm tired of you labelling red Bumblebees as Cliffjumpers! When I was a kid, I had CJ and a red Bumblebee, and the only similarity was the color. So to me a red BB repaint is just a red Bumblebee.

To me, a red Bumblebee is a red Bumblebee, but a red BB is just a lousy KO!

classics_gatcha19.jpg

classics_gatcha20.jpg

classics_gatcha21.jpg

classics_gatcha22.jpg

classics_gatcha23.jpg

classics_gatcha24.jpg

classics_gatcha25.jpg

classics_gatcha26.jpg

Totally buying Prime.

That will make Prime number 2, no less.

Number 2 of what?

I think he means his second Prime. I'll be getting voyager Prime Prime as well. He looks awesomely beefy.

Archived