Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Problems with the deliveryman

Recommended Posts

Okidoki. This isn't quite Transformers related, but given who delivers the TFs...I figure I'd get a better response here. If staff feels different, feel free to kick it over to The Oilhouse.

 

Anyhow, I had a bit of a run-in with the mailman that's left me a bit perplexed as to handle, so I figured I'd get ya'll's take on it.

 

I moved last year into an apartment on the third floor, and had been ordering stuff to furnish the apartment, along with the general toys, gadgets, etc. When I realized the weight of some of the furnishings(about 80 lbs), I apologized to the UPS guy for having to bring it up. He said it wasn't a big deal, so I'm not really considering him to be an issue. Since then, I've been trying to keep shipments relatively lightweight. (20 lbs+- or less.)

 

As for my USPS guy, he makes the biggest racket over delivering packages that have to be signed for, which since HLJ has switched over to Fedex, isn't quite that often (maybe once or twice a month), until this month. (Unsigned packages, either go to the mailroom or the apt office depending on the size. Both located on ground level.)

 

I had five orders(four shipped, and one still pending) that needed to be signed for. They arrived on 11th, 14th, 18th and 29th, so basically (give or take a few days or so), it amounts to a delivery per week. Well, he rants to the apartment maintenance staff, that I need to move down to the first floor. (which, when the staff told me, I just shrugged it off.)

Then, later in the morning after the staff giving me a heads up, a package that needs to be signed for arrives. It's by far not a heavy package, consisting of a single unbuilt model kit. Well, he repeats his rant about me needing to move down to the first floor. I give him a "sure, guess so." kind of response, and while I'm signing for the box, he comments "I'm getting too old for this bullshit." with a slight laugh, so at the time I just grin and try to shrug it off.

 

but, it hasn't really been shrugging off too well. I've thought about calling the PO and issuing a complaint, but I don't want to cause the guy to lose his job. (cranky postman, losing his job is probably one of the most frightening thoughts that's rattling around in my head currently.) I've been thinking about talking to the apt office, who is located on the first floor, to accept any USPS packages that need to be signed for; then, call the PO and inform them to have packages to be signed for sent there.

 

 

TL;DR: Basically, the mailman told me delivering my stuff is bullshit. (or at atleast, his statement comes off that way.)

 

What would ya'll do?

I'd contact the postmaster general and file a complaint. Someone with that kind of horrendous attitude shouldn't be dealing with the public like that. It's inexcusable to me, since I've been in customer service for almost 2 decades now. I understand that you don't want to get him terminated, but just think. If he's whining like a little girl to you, how many others are getting crotchety treatment? It's not a good image for the post office at the very least.

 

I wouldn't have any remorse on turning him in. As he said, he's getting too old for that bullshit.

I guess he is one of the few delivery men that actually is for the removal of Saturday from the post offices work week XD

You should've told him: "I'm getting too old for toys, but you don't see me complaining. Maybe you should move down receiver." You should've also asked him if there are any 4 story apartments on his route.

 

aha Anyways, I wouldn't complain until he really does start giving you sh*t. Its his job to deliver.

Call the PO and issue a complaint...rain, sleet, snow, Apt. On the 3rd floor it doesn't matter. Its his job. We pay his salary everytime we buy stamps or pay taxes. They will probably just put him on a different route.

  • Author

You should've told him: "I'm getting too old for toys, but you don't see me complaining. Maybe you should move down receiver." You should've also asked him if there are any 4 story apartments on his route.

 

aha Anyways, I wouldn't complain until he really does start giving you sh*t. Its his job to deliver.

 

:lol

 

Yeah. complaint's held off. I talked to apt staff about it and it's apparently his way of joking around.

 

Tempted to get him an prepaid giftcard with a suggestion to go get a big dinner to gain back those calories he burns coming up to my apartment. :tfevil

A government employee complaining about having to do their job?

 

Surely you jest! Why, I've never heard of such a thing!

 

Perhaps I'm just bitter cuz I live 5 miles outside Washington, District of Corruption.

I say "If you don't like it, then go find yourself another job!" He choose this job, which means he choose to bring 20 -80LB packages to your frount door on the secound floor, and if he doesm't like it, then fine. 6.7 Billion people in this planet. We'll just find someone else to do it, yeesssssss. :D

 

 

Dear Mr. Mailman,

 

Don't like your job? GET ANOTHER ONE! (-_-)

He's an old man who is tired of hefting everyone's packages around. He was just jabbin his jaw as it were. It doesnt sound like to me he was saying delivering your packages was bullshit, just work in general and everyone feels like that at some point or another.

 

I wouldnt look into it too much. Just laugh with him and roll with the punches.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.