Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TF KOs @ Retail Stores *MERGED*

Recommended Posts

Yeah! I went to Biglots today and spotted the $3.99 MR KO's. How's the plastic quality on 'em? I kind of wished I hadn't dropped in there. I could of likely dropped $50 in there on the KO's and the Jazwares Megaman Merchandise they had. The neatest thing I found there, had to of been the Micro-Devastator. It was a G1 Devastator shrunk down to Micromaster size. :D

IMO, the best quality of KO is old liokaiser or star saber. many new KO have bad plastic

  • Replies 763
  • Views 56.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just paid like $10 for a mini Devestator cause we ain't got em round here (that's shipped) 

 

And $25 for 7 robo masters toys.  I'd probably like to have a bunch more fake RM Primes and Jets to custom paint.  A Heck of a lot cheaper than the real deal, and for customs probably the way to go. 

 

Yea if you can get a fake Raiden, or the micro gestaults I advise you all to do so.  I have real ones of them all, and for a "Just to have one" collection $5 is way cheaper than $??5.  Got a boxed Diaclone set and a boxed TF raiden set, would rather mess with a fake set and risk breaking that than the real thing. 

 

Just be REAL careful with the micro's leg pins. 

 

And don't do like I did and buy a set that did not come with the combiner parts...

 

Ah one of my biggest regrets about not attending Botcon, diving into the FAKE TF dealers bins and finding those wacky cheap variants and at least taking pictures...

 

The Machine Robo fakes are decent, there's a Cykill in there, Fightor, SHead and some others.  I only have the Fightor set because I liked him.  The rest I can live with out.  Till all are 1 under Machine Robo's Rule! 

IMO, the best quality of KO is old liokaiser or star saber. many new KO have bad plastic

 

KO Liokaiser? :drool

Where can I get them?

I reviewed the $3.99 MMR ones somewhere in this thread.  Basically, they are cheap peices of crap, and this is coming from someone who loves knockoffs. Plastic quality is extremely cheap, they don't hold together well, joints all incredibly loose, really bad. I wouldn't waste my money on them if I had it to do over again.  The bigger $4.99 MRR ones that I got today hold together much better and are pretty cool.  I haven't gotten any of the $7.99 ones yet. 

 

And micro sized Devestator is a tiny ko god as much as the bricklike Devastator mold can be.  Each lil figure is well painted and pretty good quality, and the whole figure holds together well.

 

Good to know, I'll try and drop by the local one after class and see if I can pick up micro Dev.

 

Aoi

IMO, the best quality of KO is old liokaiser or star saber. many new KO have bad plastic

 

KO Liokaiser? :drool

Where can I get them?

yep, thatz really a good Q :tflaugh  i only have pics :redface

Well, I only have this Superion's KO...

 

RM_Superion_1.jpg

 

the quality is VERY BAD!!  :tfpuke , so this was my first and last KO.

Well, I only have this Superion's KO...

 

RM_Superion_1.jpg

 

the quality is VERY BAD!!  :tfpuke , so this was my first and last KO.

 

I have this one too. And an FYI, these guys are slightly smaller (like 1% smaller) than their TF counterparts. I had these toys listed as "Big-Together" since an old ebay seller that I bought these from said that is what the title translated to. It is Chinese?

How much were the Preschool TFs/Go-Bots KOs?

Offhand, I can't remember the exact price.   I would guess either $3.99 or $4.99 based on the usual.

 

*Edit-9/21 - I broke down and bought all 4 today.  Each is $3.99. 

 

The first one is Chopper Charlie, but is named Aero Bot.  He is an orange and white rescue helicopter and has a red led in the middle of his chest.  He comes with a silver rotor that you just peg into the hole and it stays there well.  He comes with an orange lifesaver ring and a silver wing shaped plane policeman sheild.  He is pretty good quality, but the added wiring is just glued to the inside of the chest and is way too visible.

 

The second is named Strong Bot, which is also his original name.  He is a bright orange cement truck, and the only one I had quality issues with, as he had a crack in the back of his leg.  Nothing serious, but definately not hasbro quality.  His led is on the top of his head, giving him a unique look. 

 

 

The third is Rescue Car Fire Bot, which was originally just Fire Bot.  He is a black car with red and gold trim, as well as Fire Chief printed on his doors.  He has two posts on the top of the car for the light pod, but it is pretty firmly pegged into the hood on mine and would not come loose without breaking.  His led's are his foglights, cooly enough, though yellow would have worked alot better than red.

 

The fourth is Policeman, and appears to be Policeman Pete. He had the worse paint job of all, with several scratches and wears on the blue paint apps.  He is a police deco'd monster truck suv thing.  He has a large sticker sheild on the hood that says police department, and has a red led in the center of it.

 

Overall, the knockoff gobots are a pretty solid buy, especially if you want to kitbash or repaint them.

 

And I finally broke down and bought one of the large size $7.99 MRR robots today, the red jet with white shuttle limbs.  It appears that they have to do it in giant size for it to be good.  No big quality issues here, no breaking parts or flash needing to be trimmed.   The middle jet is remolded from the original red center jet, but I'm not sure if the koers did that or if there is one like this in MRR.  There are five total large MRR robots, so I guess soon I'll be dealing out 30 something for the other 4.  I am such a sucker for KO's, this will make me likely one of the few people to have bought every single one of the MRR ko's at big lots, from the smallest to the largest.

 

But hey, I'm buying and reviewing them so you, the readers, don't have to!  Hopefully I've steered a few people in this thread from the crappy ones to the few gems in the recent Big Lots ko extravaganza.

Is there a KO Victory Leo floating around? I need one for my KO Star Saber...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.