Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TF KOs @ Retail Stores *MERGED*

Recommended Posts

I am wondering if anyone can help me with identifying three of the knockoffs I got today at Big Lots.  They are a white plane, a red car, and a green drilltank that each form a robot, but also combine to form a larger robot.  The plane forms the head, shoulders, and arms, the car forms the torso, and the drilltank forms the legs.  A eagle head comes out of the cockpit of the jet and sits on the chest of the combined robot.  The quality is pretty good on these guys, and I like them alot, but I have no idea what they are knocked off from.  They came on the Space Warriors card with the heading Ultra-Bot.  They seem too well designed to be an original creation.  I was thinking they might be from a Brave series, but I can't locate anything like them.

 

Usually I can identify my finds, but I'm having trouble finding these online.  I can't get any pictures right now.  If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

 

*EDIT*

Just found that they are from the Brave series and were called God Max.

http://www.geocities.com/evattype01/GodMax.html

The car is red, the plane white and blue, and the drilltank is green and blue.  Highly recommended.

  • Replies 763
  • Views 56.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've looked at all 6 sets of Machine Robo Rescue now.  If you like your toys flash free and working well, these aren't for you, that's for sure.  Flash bits that cause joint problems abound. The plastic is the typical fairly brittle sort that you expect from cheap knockoffs.   Each set comes with 2 chromed weapons.  They are not their original weapons, and most do not even fit their fists...

 

The best set appeared to be the red jet team.  I trimmed quite a bit of flash on them, and they all seemed to hold together pretty well.  The grey foot/gun/wheel peices seemed badly assembled and were stressed in places, but they work ok.

 

The Yellow drill team is pretty good, probably the second best set.  Aside from some loose individual robot arms being loose, it holds together pretty well.

 

The Purple jet with the tank limbs is probably the worst of them.  The connector pegs are misshapen, making the connections extremely loose and unstable.  Likely all of the ones from this mold are bad.   The tank drones have the same basic mold as the drill ones, but do not seem nearly as good quality wise.

 

The police set motorcyles all have no head.  The original ones had heads set inside of clear plastic canopies on the front, but these just have plain blank silver peices.  The cop car is ok, except for extremely loose shoulder joints.

 

The baby blue helicopters are not that well put together. They are the only set that actually 'broke' when i dissasembled the gestalt.  The main robot's foot simply came apart from the tightness of the peg, luckily nothing actually broke, it all snapped back in.  Most joints  just seemed to tight for this thing to hold together during repeated play.

 

The fire engine set is also ok, holds together well and everything.  The main robot's shoulders are the same peice, which means that a curved area of the shoulder is not in the right place on one side.  This can be easily fixed by dissasembling the cab and using a razor to round it off, but trying to transform it without doing this will likely snap the arm.  Just had my first breakage on this set, one of the wheels on a limb was so badly molded it just came off when i tried to turn it.

 

Final synopsis:  Red jets and yellow drills set are probably the best out of the lot.   As for the rest, buy at your own risk.

Just visited my local Big Lots again after seeing this thread.  We have:

$1.99

A blue BW Terrorsaur

A grey BW Rattrap

Gas skunk

Armordillo

Spittor

 

$3.99

The combining machine robo sets

 

$5.99

Arcee in her multiple colors

Yellow Lio Convoy

Pink TM Rattrap

A black and chrome blue BM Optimus

 

$9.99

Color accurate Optimal Optimus

Red TM2 Megs

Blackish TM2 Megs

Rid Megs

RiD Galv

 

I got Rattrap, Gas Skunk, Arcee, and Red TM2 Megs today, and grabbed Lio and TM Rattrap last time Big Lots carried them.  Interesting haul overall.

 

 

just got back from their just now and they had a few that are on the list + some sweet streetfighter figs and mega man stuff

$1.99

A blue BW Terrorsaur

A grey BW Rattrap

Gas skunk

Armordillo

Spittor

Iguanus (normal lizard )

Sonar

 

$3.99

The combining machine robo sets

 

$5.99

Arcee in her multiple colors

Yellow Lio Convoy

Pink TM Rattrap

A black and chrome blue BM Optimus

 

$9.99

Color accurate Optimal Optimus

Red TM2 Megs

Blackish TM2 Megs (It's a dark green )

Rid Megs

RiD Galv

 

I got Rattrap, Gas Skunk, Arcee, and Red TM2 Megs today, and grabbed Lio and TM Rattrap last time Big Lots carried them.  Interesting haul overall.

 

Ours finally started carrying these things! Needless to say, I raided them... lol

 

I'll pick up the missing basics whenever I get a chance (I already own Spittor and Iguanus, so I felt no need at the time ) Didn't see Terrorsaur, I'm sure he was hiding though

 

Found TM2 Megs over in the food section, I think they're gearing up for Christmas.... I really really hope they keep so many toys though... Their normal section sucks muchly

 

Also, in the $10 assortment there is a bootleg Gundam Airmaster that looks biggie sized... I will be getting one when I get the chance (More or less to build it as the model it's supposed to be..... )

 

http://www.blue-devil.net/chaosgear/BootlegTFs/

 

I took some photos of the figures I bought (TM2 Green Megs, Rattrap, Sonar, Stickbomb and Armordillo )

 

Added figures to the list Primus made

Actually I started the list, but thanks for helping complete it anyhow.  A few of the basics I had forgotten or didn't know the name of.  The color scheme of the one I listed as Gas Skunk is indeed that of the original Stinkbomb. 

 

I have one of the grey with red details Gundam Airmaster knockoffs, and it is of ok quality.  I had to trim a bit of flash here and there, but aside from the badly painted face it's pretty good.

 

A note on BM Optimus Primal, since I have him now.  He seems very loosely based on Air Attack Primal, but the mold was heavily changed, likely to make it cheaper to produce.  He is actually pretty show accurate, though his gorilla head just hangs on his back when transformed into robot mode.  Oddly enough he comes with 2 black swords that originally came from BW Optimus Primal.

 

$1.99

A blue BW Terrorsaur

A grey BW Rattrap

Stinkbomb

Armordillo

Spittor

Iguanus (normal lizard )

Sonar

 

$2.99

Red Dush Max

White Sky Max

Green Drill Max

 

$3.99

The combining machine robo sets

Yellow Drills,purple jet w/tanks, red jets, blue helicopters, fire engines, and cop car w/motorcycles

 

$5.99

Large Arcee in her multiple colors

Yellow Lio Convoy

Pink TM Rattrap

A black and chrome blue BM Optimus Primal

 

$9.99

Color accurate Optimal Optimus

Optimal Optimus with desert camo cannon/head peice

Red TM2 Megs

Dark Green TM2 Megs

Rid Megs

RiD Galv

Several colors of Airmaster

I saw most/all of these at (I believe) a relatively new Big Lots in Monroeville, PA (near Pittsburgh).  Needless to say, the quality looked pretty bad so I did not buy any.

 

The blue/purple Terrorsaur is actually an official colored release called Lazorbeak.

 

I thought of getting the blackish Transmetal Megatron, but the quality looked bad and I already have two colors of him.  :)  How is the quality, actually?

 

I was wondering about those three combining guys too.

 

At the store I was at, for Optimal Optimus they had the original color scheme plus a hideous recolor.  It wasn't a desert camo IMO, but was just... garish.

 

With regards to the black and blue BM Primal... I had commented about this on my blog some time ago and a visitor contributed the following:

 

"That beast machines primal is actually an original mold. it's pretty famous as knockoffs go, for the peculiar fact that it's not a literal knock off. whatever third world asians decided to produce it were big enough fans that they decided to create a show accurate mold from scratch rather than reproduce one of the three official molds that didn't do the animation justice."

Hmmm I haven't seen that TM2 Megatron yet.

I am wondering if anyone can help me with identifying three of the knockoffs I got today at Big Lots.  They are a white plane, a red car, and a green drilltank that each form a robot, but also combine to form a larger robot.  The plane forms the head, shoulders, and arms, the car forms the torso, and the drilltank forms the legs.  A eagle head comes out of the cockpit of the jet and sits on the chest of the combined robot.  The quality is pretty good on these guys, and I like them alot, but I have no idea what they are knocked off from.  They came on the Space Warriors card with the heading Ultra-Bot.  They seem too well designed to be an original creation.  I was thinking they might be from a Brave series, but I can't locate anything like them.

 

Usually I can identify my finds, but I'm having trouble finding these online.  I can't get any pictures right now.  If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate it.

 

*EDIT*

Just found that they are from the Brave series and were called God Max.

http://www.geocities.com/evattype01/GodMax.html

The car is red, the plane white and blue, and the drilltank is green and blue.  Highly recommended.

 

 

they have those at my BL's in a three pack, but they are a different color...know what im getting also :thumb

just got back from BL and picked up the GOD MAX k.o's

TM2 Megatron is ok quality for a knockoff, not up to official standards. I don't have the original, but am going off pictures and reviews. His rubber neck is hollow, whereas I believe the original had a mechanism that moved his head around. His dragon arm will not stay posed up, will only rest in front of him.  He stands well, suprisinly even in dragon mode.  His wing spreading gimmick still works fine.  He comes with no missiles and the launcher has been molded over.  His hip universal ball joints are odd looking, seeming to almost be stressed hard rubber, but they haven't broken yet.  You will have to trim a bit of flash here and there, but not much.  Overall he is a pretty good substitute for the real thing considering the price, but don't expect real Transformer quality.  I liked him enough that he stands with my other Beast Wars figures, unlike  most of my knockoffs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.