Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

So does anyone have pics of TFs in toy aisles from the 80s?

Recommended Posts

Ive NEVER been enthralled with box art until I saw Takara's Animated collection, they have AMAZING pictures on the back (like the actual figures fighting other figures, it looks sweet!)

Takara does this often with their lines. I was particularly enthralled with their Beast Wars scenes.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are awesome pictures! And Breaker I was more interested in that Jetfire at the bottom of the shelf in those photos!

Wow!Look at all the Joes! I saw Jetfire!Wow! The kids don't get this treatment anymore because of the digital age.There is too much video game drain to warrant this much display space or even inventory. The game has changed lets be glad tfs have endured this long.So many Joes.What an era.

Nice topic! Love the pix! I remember going to Toys R Us when I was a kid and seeing the Transformers like this. I especially remember seeing Fort Max there and begging REALLY hard for one!

 

I remember seeing TF's for the FIRST time a K-Mart when they were frist released. They had an entire row full of just TF'. I remember being looking as long as my mom would let me.

I remember that as well skywarp408, if I remember correctly it was nickelodeon that promoted those 10 minute Toys R Us shopping sprees. I also always wanted to win one of those as well. Because if I did I would've cleaned out their entire transformer section lol, I so miss the old nickelodeon of the 80's, so much better programming back then.

My inner child cries whenever I go to a Walmart or Target and notice every year that their action figure aisles get smaller and smaller.

YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT TOYS WERE ALL KIDS HAD BACK THEN STILL....NOWADAYS, VIDEOGAMES TAKE UP A LARGE FRACTION OF KIDS INTEREST...I REMEMBER AROUND 1988 NES BEING MY MAIN INTEREST AND TOYS R US USE TO HAVE THIS LARGE WALL OF NES GAME COVER FLAPS..I SPENT ALOT OF TIME WITH DAD IN THAT AISLE...AS FOR WHERE I USED TO GO TO GET TOYS BACK IN THE 80S...MONTGOMERY WARD AND BEN FRANKLIN STORES...I GOT MY EMPIRE STRIKES BACK YODA AT MONTGOMERY WARD AND GOBOTS CYKILL

That's a good point. I do remember the Wall O' Video games that TRU had back in the early 90s. Except it was more like 2 walls. They had one long display glass full of the latest systems like (let the chuckles roll here)TurboGrafx 15, Atari Lynx, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Gameboy and Atari64 systems. The store local to me had one aisle, 2 sections, both sides of nothing but games.

I remember my place to get Transformers. The store was called "BEST". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_Products

The toys were on the right side of the store(which is now a hardware store, Cellphone shop along the side, and a swimming pool /hot tub shop.) buncha toys near the wall, with a couple more aisles to run around and look at toys. XD

 

The left side of the store is now a Big Lots, it contained all the electronics, VCRs and video game consoles. For the video games, they had like a jeweler's case to display them in, if I remember correctly.

In the back near the electronics was jewelery near the electronics, and I think grills near the toys. I'm not sure what the main section of the store was, though. :lol

 

I miss that place. XD

  • 2 weeks later...

Niiiiice!

 

Oh, for a working time machine... :tfsad

 

i know where to get a working delorean...

 

 

 

these pictures bring me back... in fact i just remembered that you could even get minibots and the cassettes at mervyn's back then.

 

toys r us with isles of just transformers and gi*joe's... :drool

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.