TRU Exclusive MasterPiece Grimlock Cancelled?

MISP Steve

I know it's a bit off topic, but sin SDCC was mentioned, and it is a Transformers question, here it goes...

This is going to be my first time goin to the SDCC, but I'll only be going on Sunday. So, what are my chances of still finding Hasbro's SDCC exclusives Blaster and Mighty Mug Prowl? Or even MP Grimlock if they happened to have him there?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i called every tru in my metro area this morning (about 6 of them) right at opening. none of them had it. one chick even said it wouldn't be available til next year. i chalked it up to her not know what the heck she was talking about. one guy at another store said he had a pallet full of tf's but it wasn't unloaded from the truck yet. said he wanted me to call back a few hours later and if he had it, he'd hold it for me. i had to work and totally forgot to call back (cuz that tru was an hour away). so i'll do a call tomorrow morn and find out what's real. wouldn't mind copping generations prime too. will see about that one as well.

I know it's a bit off topic, but sin SDCC was mentioned, and it is a Transformers question, here it goes...

This is going to be my first time goin to the SDCC, but I'll only be going on Sunday. So, what are my chances of still finding Hasbro's SDCC exclusives Blaster and Mighty Mug Prowl? Or even MP Grimlock if they happened to have him there?

If you are there early enough you should be ok. The past few years they limited how many they sold per day so they can spread it out over the 4.5 days. So if you are there when the con opens and you Jog ( you cant run in the convention center LOL) straight to the hasbro booth you should be ok.

It's dicey! Last time I went, was when they had the Alternators Rodimus, Pepsi Prime, and Titanium Skywarp...and it was INSANE trying to get them. They were letting only so many people even form into a line...and using a lottery system to see who could stand and wait! I tried desperately for two days to get in the line, but wasn't able to until I pulled out the "big guns". It was my birthday, so I asked the person in charge of the system if I could get in line if it was my birthday. After showing my ID, she let me in and I completed my mission!

Good luck to you!

BUT, an alternative is also available. if you have internet access...check the Hasbro toy shop website the early morning of the convention, as they begin selling them online there simultaneously. That's how I scored last years Soundwave set. ;)

I suspect TRU is going out of business. They're employing the same tactics my old job did right before they shut their doors. They had sales several times a week and the stock was the same old stuff over and over. Just purging the shelves of old stock still in their warehouse. Didn't TRU go up for sale recently? Of course this is only a guess. If so, I hope Grimlock goes to Target.

I work accross the street from a toy r us and they just spent at least a few hundred thousand to redo the whole front of the store. I don't think the company would do such a thing if they are going to close.

As others have said, I think it's just rescheduled. You guys are jumping to conclusions. Posts like that get everyone panicking.

Definitely people need to calm down. Has anyone checked eBay for the Grimlock? Usually before a figure is released in the US it shows up on eBay, That is one of the ways to find out how soon a figure is about to be released. So once he shows up on eBay, that is when you will know that Grimlock is about to be released in the states

I don't know what people are scared about. No way would this figure get scrapped now and I'm not even sure why anyone would think it's possible they would even consider it seeing how excited they were about it earlier this year at the toy fair.

Wait....every big store I go to...Walmart, Target, etc are all nearly bare of Hasbro products. OH NO! Maybe Hasbro is going out of business!!! :run

Of course not. It's been a weird year all the way around. Why change that now?

Archived