Okay, Binaltech vs. Alternators

BotCollector

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

yesterday I was "playing" with my alternators and realized something...

I am an older collector but I really like taking some time and messing around with my transformers collection but I spend more time with energon toys.. because it seems like you cant really hurt them and I'm not a MIB kind of person.

I love the alternators for a variety of reasons but I noticed that I dont really play with 20th Ann. Prime because its so freak'n crazy, I love it as a collectors piece and thats that is truely is... its a display item. But I am really happy with alternators because I can play with them, display them and enjoy them as toys... Not just some treasure to be locked in the closet and never opened...

who knows maybe Hasbro could have made 20th Prime alittle more afforable by making it plastic and kept the cost to about 40dollars?

qoute from primus... LET MY ROBOTS GO.... Free your transformers.

okay I was wondering what you guys think, is it about playablity or display only!!!

Plastic or metal, I still like my TF to be in good Display condition. I treat all my Alternators as if they're BTs. Now more then ever. I frequently bring my Alts to work to display on my desk. I don't leave them there for fear of theft. A few coworkers do think they're cool and I also have outsiders coming into my work space being touchy, feely. Any who, since they are not painted I got lazy and started to just wrap them in a T-shirt and put them in my back pack. Bad Decision. They are painted in some areas. My Sideswipe's antenae and car seat head rest are showing red where there used to be black. Also Smokescreen's losing the name Subaru on his back windshield. So now I either just leave them home or put them in their packaging before bringing them out.

My alts and binaltech guys stay on top of my entertainment center guarding my 20th anniversary prime. They stay there, and very rarely do I transform them. Though I need to test the transformation on the yellow tracks body now that I replaced it with deadends head.

But I tend to go more to the Energon toys when I want to transform something. Like you said they are more durable and I am not afraid of messing them up. That and the lack of complexity on most of the transformation when compared to the binaltech line and MP prime.

Archived