Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Okay, Binaltech vs. Alternators

Recommended Posts

Only one I can think of is BT Lambor/Alt Sideswipe in that the alt version has an added "dirt wash" paint app on his chest piece above his symbol while the BT version does not. Also the a part of the back of the head on the Alt Version is red where as on the BT the whole head is black

Don't forget Silverstreak and Meister with the side-swapped Steering wheels.

  • Replies 249
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BINALTECH vs ALTERNATORS

 

I have all the Binaltechs so far. So I decided to pick up a Hasbro Alternators Meister to kitbash into a Jazz from Reprolabels.com. God forbid I kitbash a $60

Takara Alt, so I went with the Alt.

 

I was expecting all plasic and no diecast... but there are other differences.

i.e. the rear view mirrors are not painted white, they also have no reflective mirrors on them. The front wheels on the Alt. version have no magnets that move both wheels when turned, just plasic tabs.

Just Cheap Cheap Crap!

 

Maybe it just me but when I was growing up cars were made of steal. Not plastic like some junky Saturn or Kia.

 

TAKARA = toys that appreciate over time.

Hasbro = Cheap worthless garbage good for bashin'

post-26-1104540137.jpg

Wow, that's a cool kitbash job! I wish I were that talented...

 

BTW, I agree 100% on your opinion of Binaltech vs. Alt. I'm just at an age where if I have a choice, I'll take something that's better quality and I can afford to spend a little more.

BINALTECH vs ALTERNATORS

 

I have all the Binaltechs so far. So I decided to pick up a Hasbro Alternators Meister to kitbash into a Jazz from Reprolabels.com. God forbid I kitbash a $60

Takara Alt, so I went with the Alt.

 

I was expecting all plasic and no diecast... but there are other differences.

i.e. the rear view mirrors are not painted white, they also have no reflective mirrors on them. The front wheels on the Alt. version have no magnets that move both wheels when turned, just plasic tabs.

Just Cheap Cheap Crap!

 

Maybe it just me but when I was growing up cars were made of steal. Not plastic like some junky Saturn or Kia.

 

TAKARA = toys that appreciate over time.

Hasbro = Cheap worthless garbage good for bashin'

You make a good point but two things people forget.

1. Alt are way cheaper :)

2. They may be diecast but over time that color wears off, chips, and fades.

You make a good point but two things people forget.

1. Alt are way cheaper :)

2. They may be diecast but over time that color wears off, chips, and fades.

I acknowledge that not everyone can afford the BTs (yet some can easily get a Predaking reissue, go figure) and that's cool but as for the diecast, if you take care of it and not beat the hell out of it, it ain't going to crap at all. I don't know, that's just my take on it.

Wow, that's a cool kitbash job! I wish I were that talented...

Aren't that just the labels from Reprolabels?

Wow, that's a cool kitbash job! I wish I were that talented...

Aren't that just the labels from Reprolabels?

It's also just the picture taken from their site.

Wow, that's a cool kitbash job! I wish I were that talented...

Aren't that just the labels from Reprolabels?

thats what it looks like,

Geez, I feel stupid. Still looks cool though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.