Should Megan Fox be in Transformers 3? Is it time for the arrival of Carly?

nakobass

Bay is the one pushing shitty story elements, and not giving his actors a chance to get a decent take in (trust me, I saw it firsthand).

Care to elaborate? It sounds as if you got to see the filming itself... I'm kind of curious as to what the story is behind that. :)

I spent a long day on set as an extra, acting as a student in the classroom scene, and was also in the background for the end shot where Sam and Mikeala get on the motorcycle (although they took an angle where you can't see anybody else around).

Anyway, what I saw on set was that Bay works VERY quickly.

And every time an actor did a take, Bay would have them switch things up, e.g., change dialogue, blocking, camera placement, etc... It certainly makes it difficult for somebody to act out a scene with any real intention, when the director is constantly throwing you curveballs.

Even the lighting guys couldn't keep up with him. In fact he shooed them away more than once because he wanted to get a certain shot, and didn't care whether they had finished lighting for it or not.

Bay also manned the camera any time it was handheld.

I actually give him a lot of credit. It was obvious that he was able to make the movie HE wanted to make, the one he kept seeing evolve in his head. Frankly it's more to think about than most director's would ever try. But he was able to get what he wanted, even if it was at the detriment to his other collaborators... or the viewers. ;)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish Alice had simply being an Autobot who fell in love with Sam after he defeated Megatron in the last film.

I liked her a LOT more than that whiny, bitchy Megan Fucking Fox.

I actually give him a lot of credit. It was obvious that he was able to make the movie HE wanted to make, the one he kept seeing evolve in his head. Frankly it's more to think about than most director's would ever try. But he was able to get what he wanted, even if it was at the detriment to his other collaborators... or the viewers. ;)

So that explains where the parents came out of the blue at the end of the movie! It was an unnecessary and idiotic http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AssPull .

I wish Alice had simply being an Autobot who fell in love with Sam after he defeated Megatron in the last film.

I liked her a LOT more than that whiny, bitchy Megan Fucking Fox.

So that explains where the parents came out of the blue at the end of the movie! It was an unnecessary and idiotic http://tvtropes.org/...hp/Main/AssPull .

Ha! Maybe.

I really think the problems with the plot of ROTF, was that they had a lot of decent ideas, but they were all slapped together very haphazardly.

To me, this is just further evidence of the script being little more than a rough draft (due to the writer's strike), and Bay, the one man filmmaking army feeling it necessary to "fill in the gaps."

I think visually Bay can tell a story, but when he gets the reins on EVERYTHING ELSE. Well... look out.

I can't say that I really care, because Bay is doing the third film and we are all SOL as fans. Meg Fox is simply doing what a female lead does in a Bay film. No more, no less. Besides, she could theoretically be replaced tomorrow with somebody that looks just like her and is just as talent-deficient. You know he would, too. In a sense, we'll never really be rid of her at all.

But she is bland. Vapid. Uninteresting. Shallow, callow and hollow and she brings nothing to the table, because I'm sorry: you can look as 'hot' as you want to, but when I can ascribe the above traits to you, it significantly withers away at whatever 'hot' factor you might have. She really is just another surgically-enhanced piece of eye candy. They're a dime a dozen in Hollywood. Jesus: She's a dime a dozen where I live. She's nothing even remotely special.

With that said, I will readily concede that it's all in the eye of the beholder I guess. Were I casting Transformers 3: Fire Down Below, I'd have burned the candle at both ends trying to cast Michelle Trachtenberg in the role of Carly. So there you go.

By the way, I think this has to be said: Shia LaBeouf is a gifted actor. The shame of it is that I'm not certain he'll truly get unreserved credit for it doing yet another TF film, because you're really not associating his performance in those movies with acting. He'll make a ton of money, though (as well he should), and I'll give the devil his due: better him than Will Ferrell or somebody like that.

I have to admit, I do wish I were like you and knew Fox. I wouldn't mind learning first hand if she really is shallow, callow and hollow (too bad those do not rhyme).

Shia may be talented but he has not displayed that much in the movies I've seen. I thought he was okay in TF1 but unless the intent of him was to be annoying, didn't find him that great in other movies.

I just have to know one thing. Didn't you at least think the Forest Scene was damn cool in ROTF? Forget everything else. From the time Prime and Bumblebee came crashing into that building like SWAT to Prime's death. Can you honestly say you didn't like it? That's just as good, as the 1985 movie scene when Prime transformed, jumped up in the air and blasted all those Decepticons in the Original movie.

It is better than most of the scenes in TF2... but that does make it cool. It was actually directed in a way that made things kind of confusing. A lot of blurriness and things so close up as to not be able to make out things. Also, it was also really annoying thinking about where the hell the rest of the bots were.

I can't say that I really care, because Bay is doing the third film and we are all SOL as fans. Meg Fox is simply doing what a female lead does in a Bay film. No more, no less. Besides, she could theoretically be replaced tomorrow with somebody that looks just like her and is just as talent-deficient. You know he would, too. In a sense, we'll never really be rid of her at all.

But she is bland. Vapid. Uninteresting. Shallow, callow and hollow and she brings nothing to the table, because I'm sorry: you can look as 'hot' as you want to, but when I can ascribe the above traits to you, it significantly withers away at whatever 'hot' factor you might have. She really is just another surgically-enhanced piece of eye candy. They're a dime a dozen in Hollywood. Jesus: She's a dime a dozen where I live. She's nothing even remotely special.

With that said, I will readily concede that it's all in the eye of the beholder I guess. Were I casting Transformers 3: Fire Down Below, I'd have burned the candle at both ends trying to cast Michelle Trachtenberg in the role of Carly. So there you go.

By the way, I think this has to be said: Shia LaBeouf is a gifted actor. The shame of it is that I'm not certain he'll truly get unreserved credit for it doing yet another TF film, because you're really not associating his performance in those movies with acting. He'll make a ton of money, though (as well he should), and I'll give the devil his due: better him than Will Ferrell or somebody like that.

I have to admit, I do wish I were like you and knew Fox. I wouldn't mind learning first hand if she really is shallow, callow and hollow (too bad those do not rhyme).

Shia may be talented but he has not displayed that much in the movies I've seen. I thought he was okay in TF1 but unless the intent of him was to be annoying, didn't find him that great in other movies.

Read any of her interviews? Have you ever heard her speak?

If she's not exactly what I said she was, then she is a truly gifted actress, and I take it all back. But she isn't, so there you go.

As far as Shia goes, check out some of his other movies. The TF franchise really doesn't display him at his best, acting-wise.

Read any of her interviews? Have you ever heard her speak?

If she's not exactly what I said she was, then she is a truly gifted actress, and I take it all back. But she isn't, so there you go.

As far as Shia goes, check out some of his other movies. The TF franchise really doesn't display him at his best, acting-wise.

I think Shia is an alright actor, but is in danger of type casting himself. In all his movies he always seems to play the same character (the hyper teenager, with a quick mouth). I think if he broke out and took on more complex and deep roles, it would help round him out to make him a great actor, cause he has the potential.

i don't know what to say if she shouldn't be in the third one or not, i think they should maybe move on but on the other hand if they change it now then not everybody will like it

Honestly I would love to see Transformers 3 to take a much darker and emotional role for the main characters, have something along the lines of Decepticons blowing up Sam's house with his parents and humping dogs inside. Then as a result Sam distances himself from Mikela so she doesn't become a target and then goes to join NEST to fight against the Decepticons now that they....dare I say it, made it personal.

I always wished the second movie had something along the line of Sam joining the Autobots in battle or something which would make alot more sense than the whole "Oh I have this Allspark thingy which I can trade in for one major movie role!"

Now as for Megan Fox herself....oh boy where do I begin? Out of all the actors in the Transformers movies she is the one I hate the most, she's there for nothing more then eye candy and has no good lines in the movie, personally I don't even think she's an actor, she's probably some stripper Micheal Bay found in a club one night and said "Hey your hawt, I'm going to but you in a movie!" Hell I think the two humping Witwicky dogs gave a more convincing performance than Megan Fox.

So no I don't think Megan Fox deserves to be in the movie, however it's not going to keep her from being in the third or even fourth film. That and with a small knowledge of Micheal Bay, I'm sure he'd probably get someone worse, can anyone imagine Tom Cruise playing 30 year old Sam? :tfpuke

Archived