Should Megan Fox be in Transformers 3? Is it time for the arrival of Carly?

nakobass

I say boot Bay and Fox. With all the characters available and the deep mythology how about someone who can tell a story instead of just blowing @#%! up. There really is no need for Fox's character. I would rather see Lenox and NEST with the Autobots and make Sam the public relations guy for the team. The more time they waste on her the less time they have to develope the characters.

maybe time to reboot the films with a more G1 inspired storyline :con

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Is that why Bay does whatever he wants with the TF's and does not care about being true to the francise or the fans? Because he has a strong personality and does not take no for an answer...

I just realized something, why is everybody throwing their venom at Bay, Spielberg was there right along with Bay throughout the whole process. He's the one that got Micheal Bay to direct in the first place. All the critic focus on Bay, but didn't say a word about Spielberg. I listened to the commentary, Bay showed Spielberg every shot before he finished the film, and he okayed everything. Even said it was the best movie he ever made, but no one ever says a word about Spielberg.

^Is that why Bay does whatever he wants with the TF's and does not care about being true to the francise or the fans? Because he has a strong personality and does not take no for an answer...

Yep, so you might as well get use to it.

^ luckly don't have to... enough complaints go a long way....

and believe it or not we are aloaud to talk about things we don't like in this country!!! Yea for us....

and believe it or not we are aloaud to talk about things we don't like in this country!!! Yea for us....

right squeaky wheel gets the grease :con

I just realized something, why is everybody throwing their venom at Bay, Spielberg was there right along with Bay throughout the whole process. He's the one that got Micheal Bay to direct in the first place. All the critic focus on Bay, but didn't say a word about Spielberg. I listened to the commentary, Bay showed Spielberg every shot before he finished the film, and he okayed everything. Even said it was the best movie he ever made, but no one ever says a word about Spielberg.

Uh, because Bay has gone out of his way to take credit for the changes *he* made in the movie. At one point saying he hates the fans, then thanking them for his FAT checks. What's left to like?

When ROTF made over 800 million, and 2nd only behind Harry Porter. Trust me, Paramount and Hasbor could careless about complaints.

The best you can hope for is that there won't be as many sex jokes in Transformers 3, besides that its going to be exactly the samething.

Uh, because Bay has gone out of his way to take credit for the changes *he* made in the movie. At one point saying he hates the fans, then thanking them for his FAT checks. What's left to like?

I think that is probably the main reason I don't like bay the most because he did say he was not a fan and did not care what they thought because he still got a lot of money...

I can not remember the exact quote but he had said something after the first movie about showing all the fans who didn't like what he did with the transformers that he could make money off anything... Or something like that. I just remember it being really insulting.

Should be a topic of the week for next week. "Should Bay return for Transformers 3?"

And no, I'm not a Bay supporter. Give me Spielberg or J.J. Abrams or someone that's got more than the following tricks in their director bag:

- Women running in slow motion completely oiled up every 15-30 minutes.

- Blowing something up every 30 seconds.

- Making a perverted joke every 60 seconds.

Don't get me wrong, I knew what we were getting when Bay was signed on for the film and I'll go see every Transformers movie that's made just because I'm a huge fan of the lore (and probably walk away mostly happy), but damn...really? First film served as an intro and it was pretty clear that Spielberg's leash was on Bay, but the sequel made it clear the leash was off.

I could care less what the crew thinks of Fox. I could care less what Fox thinks of Bay. The point for me is, what does Mikaela's character actually add to the Transformers lore?

Nothing.

Edit: I tend to view this progression in the same light as the Batman and Star Trek movies. People still lined up to see them generally because of the franchises, but it wasn't until the series was rebooted that great films emerged. So we can just grit our teeth through the bad parts of these things and eventually, someone will come along that reboots everything in a wonderful way.

I think he was talking about the ones that sent him deathtreats before the movie even came out. Listen to the commentary on Transformers 1. That's the kind of guy he is. He's not changing anytime soon. The guy ran a police road block just to get a shot in the movie. He doesn't care if people don't like him. What he cares about is the Majority of the general pubilc like his movies and that they make A LOT, A LOT of Money. He even said in the TF1 commentary. "That's why I don't gamble at Vegas, I bet on Bigass movies"

Archived