First impressions of HA Sideswipe

KFGatri

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When I get this guy I'm just going to slice off those rubber parts.

I wouldn't, they actually provide stability to the legs and keep them from flopping away from the body. I like him, he looks great, but the backpack bothers me.

Finally fixed the rubber part on his leg :yay

I don't really care for the backpack.

I get these for two reasons

1) Alt sized Movie bots

2) Nicely scaled human figures

If all they came with were ways for them to sit in the seats, I'd be more than fine with that. It'd enable them to streamline things a little in robots mode and possibly get rid of some of the bulk that is his backpack. I don't like the seats on BB's arms or the seats behind Sideswipe's chest for their human counterparts. Besides, Bee could have had two shoulder cannons (he has one on his right side).

When I get this guy I'm just going to slice off those rubber parts.

I wouldn't, they actually provide stability to the legs and keep them from flopping away from the body. I like him, he looks great, but the backpack bothers me.

Finally fixed the rubber part on his leg :yay

I had the same thing happen with mine, and it was AWFUL getting the strut to pop back in. Hell, my fingers still ache from doing it. I like BB over SS right now, but I may try the mod to compress the kibble. At the very least it should make him less back-heavy. And the chairs do tuck away more on 'Swipe, and you can barely see them if they're folded properly.

I'm thinking that I should definitely take my silver sharpie to the round bits on BB's chairs to look more like the arm kibble than, well, chairs.

But I give old 'Swipe a 7, and I'm being generous. Anyone have a better how-to for the back kibble mod? Matt Booker, maybe? His Rampage fix was the ONLY reason I picked up Rampage...

I have yet to see this figure in stores where I am...

As for BB's arm kibble, check the HA BB topic. There are a few things you can do with those chairs. I prefer to put them on opposite arms, as the gray crap hanging off the drivers seat doesn't stand out as much when it's against the gun arm.

So I took the sharpie to BB's arms where the molded detail was and it looks WAY better, especially considering that the details are actually (somewhat) based on the CG model. Anyway, I do love 'Swipe, even though he's not as good as BB. He can take some decent poses with his legs, but it involves a bit of mistransforming on at least one of his feet to give him a more stable footprint. Nobody has any better tips for the kibble fix, then?

Just picked up HA Sideswipe a few days ago.

Well, he's not like HA Bumblebee. He's not aweful. But he does require a little mod here and there to be decent.

Another TFan posted this back kibble fix, so dont give me the credit:

Locate the main "spine bar" that holds the entire roof section. Unscrew both screws from the under side of the car dash board. Pop off both doors (just to get them out of the way, you'd hate to scratch them, right?).

Examine where the main connects to the dashboard. It is a pin hinge. But as you look closer bend the hinge to understand how far it actaully bends. You will need to cut out a section under the dash to allow the bar to bend up into it. Dont worry, the amount of soft plastic that you will be removing is small. And dos'nt effect the car mode at all. Trust me...

The second thing you want to do is locate the two painted silver "running boards". They basically help hold the car mode together with no purpose in robot mode but kibble...

Once again inspect the range of movement and trim off the little nubs at the tip that prevent you from rotaing them all the wat around. Once he's in robot mode, these bars will add to his back kibble and just resemble details on his "wings. Or you can rotae them under his arms and they will extend forward from his chest... I pose them up towards the back...

I'm at work now. But I'll upload pics soon. They're actually in another thread right now in the Garage section... Could be the TFan who invented this mod, I'm just following his instructions...

A little work may improve this figure, but he has a long way to go to reach the greatness of HA Bumblebee.

My opinion, he could use more back kibble work. His torso could be thicker, too.

Nice silver paintjob. Beautiful car mode. Corny weapons and Human gimicks. Wonky legs and feet, but they actually work! Thanks to the heels... Rubber swords are OK. Head is awesome!

Verdict: 7 out of 10 (with this backpack mod)

Anyone else have any mods?

Archived