First impressions of HA Sideswipe

KFGatri

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care what anyone says about this figure; I love it, back kibble and all. The car mode is amazing, the Robot mode is perfect. It is almost impossible to hide all car because it is a car that transforms into a giant effing robot! Yes I know that isn't how he looked in the movie but if you want an almost 100% looking robot, buy the robot replicas otherwise just be happy that they are making these Human alliance figures. They are amazing and I plan on getting everyone, (except maybe barricade but I might if they are all of this quality)

Not to offend anyones opinion, I just love these human alliance figures.

and I also think that the reason they keep the back kibble on these figures is to help with keeping the human figures in them also.

My 3 cents.

Just picked this guy up tonight, to celebrate a bit of good news. My first impression: the same as Luke's opinion of the Millennium Falcon. Where's the back half of his waist? And I knew he had backpack issues, but 9/10 of the car mode is a bit much. I also knocked one of his "hip cables" loose trying to get a stable standing pose. I absolutely loved Bumblebee, so I had high hopes for Swipe. Anyone have suggestions to improve my enjoyment?

Man Seriously, I had the rubber cable pull out of the socket and it was a PITA to push it back in! I was able to get it but not without slight damage to the small rubber hole. They seem to just impede his leg articulation.

overall nice fig hampered by a backpack that is way too heavy. Definitely prefer the deluxe over this.

Just picked this guy up tonight, to celebrate a bit of good news. My first impression: the same as Luke's opinion of the Millennium Falcon. Where's the back half of his waist? And I knew he had backpack issues, but 9/10 of the car mode is a bit much. I also knocked one of his "hip cables" loose trying to get a stable standing pose. I absolutely loved Bumblebee, so I had high hopes for Swipe. Anyone have suggestions to improve my enjoyment?

Man Seriously, I had the rubber cable pull out of the socket and it was a PITA to push it back in! I was able to get it but not without slight damage to the small rubber hole. They seem to just impede his leg articulation.

overall nice fig hampered by a backpack that is way too heavy. Definitely prefer the deluxe over this.

How did you get it back in. I got mine on Friday and he's now standing next to HABB with his top left cable loose from his leg. It came out while I was transforming him for the first time.

i definitely like sideswipe more than bumblebee..

when i display him i remove the back pack.. there are two screws that hold the piece that covers the chest in it's alt mode, the roof, and the front end. when you remove those screws those parts come off in two big pieces. you don't even need them when you want to transform him back into a vette. those pieces just slide over the screw grooves and lock securely into place... i'm sure most people won't like having two pieces lay around while he's in robot mode.. but i really don't mind at all.. it makes the figure practically perfect.

i only have a few extremely minor qualms. i wish his blades were a little longer/larger, i wish his leg movement wasn't so restricted by his thigh/waist struts, and i wish there was a way that the side type parts of the front end were on his forearms like they were in the movie. and last but not least, i kind wish his mid section was a bit wider.. that sounds like a lot of issues.. but i really think this figure is incredible.. definitely one of my favorites.. hasbro has put out a few crappy figures.. but also has put out a bunch of really awesome ones.. i hope we get a bunch more figures out of this human alliance line.. i really cannot wait for skids, mudflap, and barricade. hopefully we'll get a jolt at some point. or better yet.. a sideways with alice. they still need figures for lennox and leo.

How did you get it back in. I got mine on Friday and he's now standing next to HABB with his top left cable loose from his leg. It came out while I was transforming him for the first time.

I used a mechanical pencil end (without the lead) and worked it into the rubber hole. Then pushed and rotated the leg until it finally wiggled its way in. Took a lot of pressure however.

Same here, I just took it out of the package and was greeted with frustration. Now that the pain is over, he is not that bad. Still a beoch to stand...stupid backpack. Haha! :tflaugh

If someone could figure out a piston system for this leg joint instead of those blasted rubber 'wires' that would be awesome.

they should have just used the same system as the deluxe where the struts were able to slide up and down.

Archived