Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bad plastic

Recommended Posts

Anyone else notice the cheap plastic they are useing on the universe toys?

 

I have been noticeing that it is a differint type of plastic ..much lighter and not as flexable than even used in energon or other lines.

 

Most of all in the RID repaints ans such.

  • Replies 28
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, me too. It really sucks and actually turns me off from the line.

 

It's a shame, because although I never fully cared for this line to begin with, there were/are several pieces I wanted to get, but I'm not too sure now.

 

-Turbine

oooooh yes....not all of them but my Ratchet feels way cheap and the right hand door is not shaped right (think they might have used this mold a little too much.

 

Just wrong.... :redface

Now that you mention it, my universe Razorclaw feels a bit flimsy.

I guess none of you guys got Universe Skywarp!!!

 

I ranted and raved about the plastic in my reveiw of him on TFormers.com.

 

This is one solidly built toy.

 

I got this guy after I bought Alternators Smokescreen. Man Skywarp was a breath of fresh air after worrying if I was going break something while transforming Smokes.

 

I could transform this thing over and over again and not worry about breaking any thing.

 

I thought to myself; "why didn't Hasbro use this kind of plastic on the Alternators?"

 

I don't have anything else that is Universe but I know that the Wal-mart specials of Universe were were just wrong; in particular Sideburn and Prowl.

 

The worst plastic I've seen on a transformer yet is unfortunatly on the Alternators. It's cheap, fragile and is reminessent of an old Testors snap-together model kit.

 

Thats my grip on the plastic.

 

See Ya

Yeah Skywarp was definately tight, but I do agree a lot of the figs feel Knock-offish. Hopefully the Machine Wars recolors will get better treatment.

Hopefully the Machine Wars recolors will get better treatment.

Machine Wars Soundwave and Sandstorm (I don't know about OP or SS) were made from the most brittle plastic I have ever seen. The smaller figures ones were fine but man... Anything but their og material will be a great improvement.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.