Bad plastic

Soundgear

Anyone else notice the cheap plastic they are useing on the universe toys?

I have been noticeing that it is a differint type of plastic ..much lighter and not as flexable than even used in energon or other lines.

Most of all in the RID repaints ans such.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, me too. It really sucks and actually turns me off from the line.

It's a shame, because although I never fully cared for this line to begin with, there were/are several pieces I wanted to get, but I'm not too sure now.

-Turbine

I guess none of you guys got Universe Skywarp!!!

I ranted and raved about the plastic in my reveiw of him on TFormers.com.

This is one solidly built toy.

I got this guy after I bought Alternators Smokescreen. Man Skywarp was a breath of fresh air after worrying if I was going break something while transforming Smokes.

I could transform this thing over and over again and not worry about breaking any thing.

I thought to myself; "why didn't Hasbro use this kind of plastic on the Alternators?"

I don't have anything else that is Universe but I know that the Wal-mart specials of Universe were were just wrong; in particular Sideburn and Prowl.

The worst plastic I've seen on a transformer yet is unfortunatly on the Alternators. It's cheap, fragile and is reminessent of an old Testors snap-together model kit.

Thats my grip on the plastic.

See Ya

Hopefully the Machine Wars recolors will get better treatment.

Machine Wars Soundwave and Sandstorm (I don't know about OP or SS) were made from the most brittle plastic I have ever seen. The smaller figures ones were fine but man... Anything but their og material will be a great improvement.

Archived