Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anyone Still Buy Doubles?

Recommended Posts

I am just curious... I was able to kick this habit a couple of years ago...

  • Replies 37
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not in this economy.

I can't help it I'm a sick, sick bot :yay

I am just curious... I was able to kick this habit a couple of years ago...

I TEND TO ND, I , LIKE YOURSELF -HAVE CUT BACK---$$$$$??? THE SAME FOR YOU???

Ummm... no! (o_O) As if this hobby isn't expensive enough as it is without buying multiples!

 

I buy doubles like once in a blue moon - last time was Oilslick because my original Oilslick is MOSC and autographed by Eric Siebernaler, so I bought a second one to open and play with. Otherwise singles are fine for me.

 

I have an ethical objection to buying doubles because for each spare TF you buy, you are potentially depriving a fellow collector or child from being able to obtain that toy. I wouldn't like other people to deprive me of a toy because they'd gotten a double (I get so frustrated when I hunt for one toy for weeks or months without finding it!), so I don't want to do it to others. I'm a great believer in doing unto others as I would have others do unto me. So yeah... buying toys in multiples seems like such an insidiously selfish thing to me.

the only doubles I've bought have been Movie Stockade and Landmine, two great molds which there were more than one of in the movie (Army buggies and Sector 7 vehicles, respectively), even if only as regular cars.

Lego sets, occasionally. :tflaugh

 

but I haven't bought doubles in a while. Last one I got was the Cybertron minicons. (the helicopter, sports car, and off-road vehicle. The ones that were in the show), since they were part of that bundled promotion.

 

I've kind of thought, if I found multiples of ones that've been having a hard time finding and/or want to kitbash while still having an original, I'd pick up doubles or triples of them(depending on the price.)

  • Author
I am just curious... I was able to kick this habit a couple of years ago...

I TEND TO ND, I , LIKE YOURSELF -HAVE CUT BACK---$$$$$??? THE SAME FOR YOU???

 

Money was a big issue at the time... But now its about space and I stopped being a MISB collector...

Yeah, I must say that "army building" is an excuse that I can understand -- not my thing, but I can see why people do it. I know a collector who's building armies of Terrorcons - makes sense since they are effectively drones. But I know another collector who has an army of Classics Jetfires - like wtf?! I don't get that at all. (o_O)

Animated Longarm/Shockwave, for apparent reason. Of course, CN went ahead & revealed his "true colors," so I also got a Target exclusive as well!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.