Fan's Project City Commander

Sparkless

It seems a little odd that they would be shipping out today via ups. Isn't ups a mon-fri gig? I wonder if it was a lag on the computer system and not bbts' shipping dept? Oh well, I'm not complaining because my experience with bbts' service has been great.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems a little odd that they would be shipping out today via ups. Isn't ups a mon-fri gig? I wonder if it was a lag on the computer system and not bbts' shipping dept? Oh well, I'm not complaining because my experience with bbts' service has been great.

UPS standard delivery service is M-F. From what I have seen from the tracking page at UPS.com, they've only been notified of pick up, so they don't have the package in hand yet. I usually check the status page sometime after 4am.

yeah, UPS's lazy ass wont move on saturdays, but the post will. in my experience, though, USPS is really flaky about delivery times. sometimes it'll take 3 days to get something from the other side of the country, and sometimes it'll take a good week or two for a birthday card to go two towns over.

UPS is always around one business week, give or take a day.

Sorry to hear the bad news Deathknell. I hope there's still one available when you gather the funds for it :thumb

Yeah, sorry DK, we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya. I'm worried something like that will happen once I get it and will have to pimp him on ebay later on.

I've had a reissue UM for a few years now and will probably donate his missile launchers to this new UM until I get some spare from ebay or something :shrug

I lucked out on ebay for my G1, luckily the only thing missing is his small right fist and large left fist, otherwise, he's all there, with stat card, decoder and instructions. I will say this, this is my first G1 UM and for what he is and how he is made, I seriously am enjoying him. My g/f thinks I'm 12yrs old again tho... :tfrofl

I just snagged a G1 UM complete for $39.99 at a local store. good stuff. I wanted this guy so bad when I was a kid. never got him. sat with him for a good hour transforming and what not. made me feel all young and warm inside.

You shouldnt pay more then $30 for a complete loose G1 UM. If its missing anything, it devalues it greatly since its not a valued toy really. In box its still under $100. I payed $35 for mine in 2006 (getting ripped off) for a PRESTINE copy with no chrome loss, and all weapons accountable. PLUS an extra set of missle and launchers. ( :schin waitamin, that gives me an idea *classics Magnus armor* ) This was a actual rubber wheeled G1 '85 version. Also, watch out for re-issues as their worth tons less.

I want the classics armor, dont get me wrong. Magnus is sitting here waiting for it, but im gonna wait it out to see what happens. I have already ordered my Seacons from TCC and i just got my shipping confirmation on that. So at least i have that in common here, an order im waiting for :D . I have never ordered from BBTS before, do they have good services? Im thinking about ordering a set of armor from them after a few more weeks of deciding. Im a little concerned UM in Armor, cant lift his arms above his head. From what im told this is true. Anybody confirm this?

Also, "IM DK"! lol

Sorry to hear the bad news Deathknell. I hope there's still one available when you gather the funds for it :thumb

Yeah, sorry DK, we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya. I'm worried something like that will happen once I get it and will have to pimp him on ebay later on.

I've had a reissue UM for a few years now and will probably donate his missile launchers to this new UM until I get some spare from ebay or something :shrug

I lucked out on ebay for my G1, luckily the only thing missing is his small right fist and large left fist, otherwise, he's all there, with stat card, decoder and instructions. I will say this, this is my first G1 UM and for what he is and how he is made, I seriously am enjoying him. My g/f thinks I'm 12yrs old again tho... :tfrofl

I just snagged a G1 UM complete for $39.99 at a local store. good stuff. I wanted this guy so bad when I was a kid. never got him. sat with him for a good hour transforming and what not. made me feel all young and warm inside.

You shouldnt pay more then $30 for a complete loose G1 UM. If its missing anything, it devalues it greatly since its not a valued toy really. In box its still under $100. I payed $35 for mine in 2006 (getting ripped off) for a PRESTINE copy with no chrome loss, and all weapons accountable. PLUS an extra set of missle and launchers. ( :schin waitamin, that gives me an idea *classics Magnus armor* ) This was a actual rubber wheeled G1 '85 version. Also, watch out for re-issues as their worth tons less.

I want the classics armor, dont get me wrong. Magnus is sitting here waiting for it, but im gonna wait it out to see what happens. I have already ordered my Seacons from TCC and i just got my shipping confirmation on that. So at least i have that in common here, an order im waiting for :D . I have never ordered from BBTS before, do they have good services? Im thinking about ordering a set of armor from them after a few more weeks of deciding. Im a little concerned UM in Armor, cant lift his arms above his head. From what im told this is true. Anybody confirm this?

Also, "IM DK"! lol

BBTS is great. they're prices may be a little higher, but they'll bend over backwards to help you if something goes wrong. they also ship from withing the US, and they are usually pretty good about getting stuff processed quickly and out the door. alot of times, if I get my order in before about 3pm, it'll ship same day.

as far as G1 UM goes, alot of G1 toys have fallen victim to the "stuff from the 80's is worth a ton of money" fad that seems to have picked up after the live action movie.

I work for a hobby store that does the whole buy/sell/trade thing. we carry some G1 tf's, and I try to keep the prices in line, but some people come in with random, incomplete figs, expecting to get a hundo for each. and my manager doesn't know anything about toys, so he gets taken in and buys crap at too high a price, which means we have to sell it high to break even.

I can usually find good G1 figs for cheap at my store, like the G1 op we had. 100% complete, with tech specs, loose for $40. and ebay tends to screw the prices up too. one UM may be selling for $25, and there will be two selling for $200. damn ebay.

Archived