Real Gear Booster X10 Mod by Evil Exe

Evil Exe

Well I spent some time looking at my Booster X10/Laserbeak and was really wishing he had a decent screen in MP3 mode, then I got the idea to go google some screens and see what I could do with them. In the end I came up with a basic MP3 screen, which I then photoshopped to alter some text. The only problem is that I can't seem to resize the image to be perfect so I had to trim mine down. The exact measurents for the screen are: width= 1 1/8 in. length= 13/16 in.

I can take requests to modify any text in the provided image. For mine I put the figures name in the top left corner and the Linkin Park song used in the '07 movie, "What I've Done" accompanied by times taken directly from iTunes. To attach it I simply printed the image out (in contact sheet style with the box that says "fit image to frame" unchecked (keep in mind I'm using Vista here)) on standard printer paper, cut it out, trimmed it down, cut it in half, and applied it with double-sided tape. I'm fairly sure it'll work with sticker paper also. As of now I have no pictures of the finished product, but in the following days, I will try to put some up.

Please do comment, this is my first custom decal, and I'd really like to find out what people think.

Update: *"The Touch" by Stan Bush is now available*

Note: *The image when I trimmed it down, lost the 4 buttons on the right and bottome side of it. This does not affect the image in any way, and is hardly noticeable. I'll be working on a way to try and fix this.*

I'd really like to see a photo of what this decal looks like attached to Booster... I like what I see, even if it seems slightly "busy" for my tastes. (Any chance of doing decals for the buttons, as well?)

Thanks, I'm gonna try and get a hold of a digital camera sometime this weekend hopefully. If not I'm really hoping someone will try this and take pictures (it can be applied using doublesided tape, so it shouldn't damge anything.).

Yeah, it is very "busy", it was the best I could do with what I had, though the original looked the best asthetically.

There is a possible chance for it sometime in the future. Keep in mind this was the first decal I have done though, so don't expect anything to amazing.

You should make a version playing The Touch by Stand Bush.

Or possibly Instruments of Destruction. That would probably be a better pick, actually.

Cool, I'll get "The Touch" done. Who does "Instruments of Destruction"? Sorry I know the song, I just don't remember who did it.

Pretty cool. What program are you using to edit the images? Is it that you are having trouble resizing the image or getting the size right in proportion to the bot?

Also, how about some pictures of the final product attached to the bot? :D

~Matt Booker

Pretty cool. What program are you using to edit the images? Is it that you are having trouble resizing the image or getting the size right in proportion to the bot?

~Matt Booker

Thanks, MS Paint, I actualy have no photoshop :tflaugh. It basically won't let me crop the image. I'm working on getting images up I just need to borrow a digital camera.

~Matt Booker

Thanks, MS Paint, I actualy have no photoshop :tflaugh. It basically won't let me crop the image. I'm working on getting images up I just need to borrow a digital camera.

Get Paint Shop Pro. Much cheaper than Photoshop and easier to use. Even cheaper if you have a sea-faring friend who likes parrots...

Anyway. If you tell me the exact size in inches that you want it printed out, I'll see what I can do.

~Matt Booker

Archived