..wha?

V0ltage

i just bought him tonight, along with a hulk tank..but now, i'm hearing thijngs that there is a HUGE problem with his translucent plastic that could make the paint smear and rub off

is this just a hoax, or am i screwed? X_X;

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screwed. :thumb

Actually, it seems to be a case of milage may vary. I've heard of a few Prowls where the paint becomes tacky and lifts off by touching it.

My Prowl, I've owned..I guess about a month-ish now, hasn't had any problem with tacky paint, but has had problems with the paint scraping off. Mainly one of the side-panels on the front of the car, and the top of the car where the doors may come into contact with when he's in robot mode.

So, either way, he does have a bit of a problem with his paint-apps, but I suppose it really boils down to how y'play with it.

Luck of the draw I think.

I heard a lot of people having similar problems with movie figs.

I have yet to have any paint/decals rub off from just handling them.

I also don't make a habbit of rubbing the plastic a lot for any reason.

It realy seems to be hit or miss. On mine one side is perfect, while the other isn't only tacky, but the white is being adsorbed into the black.

Since I have one sealed too, it's not to big of a deal for me, I just think of it as battle damage. I still try handeling the doors lightly though cause a finger print would kill me!!!

I hope ReproLabels comes up with a replacement sticker for the doors and fenders. If they do, I'm gonna completely remove the paint and go sticker, cause this figure is awesome, and I wanna keep him looking that way.

My Prowl is just fine, aside from a few uneven seams where the white paint meets the black paint. It was mostly on the doors, but the door stickers from reprolabels.com took care of that.

My Prowl is just fine, aside from a few uneven seams where the white paint meets the black paint. It was mostly on the doors, but the door stickers from reprolabels.com took care of that.

I didn't know they already did that, I gotta skip over there :tflaugh

The paint on mine was coming off in chunks, so I just sanded it all off. It was WORTH it. He looks SO freakin' cool translucent!

I recall you mentioning this the other day, do you have a pic? I'd like to see how it looks.

the paint was fine on mine - it sounds like the first run was dodgy to me

Archived