What if the Autobots had superhero names?

Aquarion

In fairness to Hornet, I would like to know why/how some robots get special magnet powers while some get wrecking balls and still others get crazy-ass lightning bolt hammers...it's a good question. But it's not an Animated specific question, it's been a question since Transformers began.

And I wouldn't apply the term "super powers" to these abilities.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your a robot built with jets in your feet, is that a super power? Is my car's supper power rolling? I have fingers, is it a super power that I can tie my shoes?

Ask Hornet, he used the term.

Is a robot not entitled to the condensation of his brow?

Sorry got carried away.

Well they're robots, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're built with them already installed.

Which just leads to another question: Why are Autobots built with special abilities already installed? Why don't they just use weapons like the Decepticons do?

Well they're robots, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say they're built with them already installed.

Which just leads to another question: Why are Autobots built with special abilities already installed? Why don't they just use weapons like the Decepticons do?

Um, they'd all be "weapons" by virtue of being mechanical devices. Punch of Doom, Ice/Fire rockets, and Rouge-like power zaps don't seem too different from wrecking balls, magnets, and stingers.

If your a robot built with jets in your feet, is that a super power? Is my car's supper power rolling? I have fingers, is it a super power that I can tie my shoes?

Ask Hornet, he used the term.

Is a robot not entitled to the condensation of his brow?

Sorry got carried away.

No need, I LOL'd.

In fairness to Hornet, I would like to know why/how some robots get special magnet powers while some get wrecking balls and still others get crazy-ass lightning bolt hammers...it's a good question. But it's not an Animated specific question, it's been a question since Transformers began.

And I wouldn't apply the term "super powers" to these abilities.

I donno. I have an idea/theory but keep in mind this is just my opinion, it's not grounded in any fiction.

There's a large amount of pre-set "protoforms" that all TFers are divided into. So say a robot is built on an assembly line in Cybertron Citizens Co. He or she's destined to be built with one of the many, many established protoforms as his or her basis.

The protoform that forms the basis for Bumblebee, Wasp, Cliffjumper, etc.... was designed with stingers built in, while the protoform that forms the basis of Bulkhead has the wrecking ball feature.

So like humans, TFers can be divided along the lines of basic archetypes, although the variety's probably greater concerning TFers.

So just like a certain number of humans are born with the ability to say, run fast, certain TFers are built with the ability to deploy stingers. And so forth.

I would say the Decepticons have more formidable weapons then the Autobots because of modifications. IDW's Megatron: Origins touched on this. Megatron started out as a simple mining bot, then upgraded himself into a war machine. Since these upgrades were added personally it's fair to assume that the result would be unique to Megs, making him substantially different from others that shared his basic model.

The same think happened in M:O when the Seekers were introduced. Megs had them modified to include null-rays and other fun features.

I would assume something similar exists in the Animated universe. The Decepticons, being the more war-like faction, put a lot of effort into upgrading themselves beyond the limits of their models.

This is heading quickly into "how are protoforms created, and is there robot secks involved" Tramp territory.

Wahahahahahaha! I like how this thread has veered off on a completely different direction by page 2 because everyone realised how 'tarded it was to begin with.

All together now:

SHUT UP, HORNET..

Lawl! Curse you... you nearly made me LOL for real which I can't do right now because I'm at work... I'm lawling in the inside but. :P :lol

This is heading quickly into "how are protoforms created, and is there robot secks involved" Tramp territory.

*another inner lawl* :lol

stop it!

...man, this thread has made my morning. :)

Um, they'd all be "weapons" by virtue of being mechanical devices. Punch of Doom, Ice/Fire rockets, and Rouge-like power zaps don't seem too different from wrecking balls, magnets, and stingers.

I guess it's a case of "conventional" vs. "nonconventional". Why equip yourself with a hammer that can control the weather when a big old fusion cannon would be a lot more convient? While Magnus is summoning a thunderstorm, Megs could just pick him off with his fusion cannon from a safe distance.

And Boobies has another point: How did the Autobots make more of themselves if the Allspark was lost millions of years ago? Wouldn't a protoform remain lifeless until exposed to Allspark energy?

Archived