Let's Make A Muzzle Flash!

tom servo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This could be used in many different applications BTW. making afterburners for jets. cover a black prime in flames and you could have a true-to-comic Fallen!

My thoughts exactly!

Ooh, very slick! The first thing I thought when I saw the flash was building one of those Lego Exo-Force fibre-optic tube and LED assemblies into a rifle!

(LOL Not sure that came out right, do you guys know what I'm talking about or am I sounding like an idiot here?!)

I know what you're talking about. It would be awesome. I haven't gotten the hang of building my own light rigs yet, but when I do...

I'm going to try and use this to make a sword. I'm going to use a piece of 1/8 or 1/4 inch plastic tubing, and use the heat glue to build up the hilt, and the blade. Then I'm going to carve the blade, and hilt to the shape I want, and sand the blade, and hilt to give them their final shape. If it works I'll post pics to let you guys see how it turns out.

I'm going to try and use this to make a sword. I'm going to use a piece of 1/8 or 1/4 inch plastic tubing, and use the heat glue to build up the hilt, and the blade. Then I'm going to carve the blade, and hilt to the shape I want, and sand the blade, and hilt to give them their final shape. If it works I'll post pics to let you guys see how it turns out.

After doing flames for my Fallen, I'd recommend using the clear plastic window material from some packaging. Now that you mention it, The Fallen would look good with a flaming sword... ;)

After doing flames for my Fallen, I'd recommend using the clear plastic window material from some packaging. Now that you mention it, The Fallen would look good with a flaming sword... ;)

I'm not worried about clarity since my sword will be metallic but as for your Fallen yeah a flaming sword would be awesome. Though I think your advise about a flat piece to build on for the blade is a really good idea I'll probably use either some gray ABS, or some white styrene.

• 2 weeks later...

this was so easy it makes me sick!!!!

just used some lego antennas the long clear kind, a regular cordless screwdriver, and a hot glue gun( $2 at wal-mart, dont think it's breaking the bank)

anyway, i wanted to give my classics nemi-prime a bit more style, i still have to color it, but after the guns will have dual blasts, and then the convert to flamin' smokestacks!

0224081029-02.jpg

i just hope i can find clear orange paint, maybe i'll just use red?

Archived