Which history is the TRUE Transformer history?

JIN

Which telling is the REAL TF history?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which telling is the REAL TF history?

• 1. G1 TV episodes (Orion Pax, TF's built by Quintessons, etc.)
    • 2. Dreamwave, War Within (TF's don't know origins)
    • 3. Older comics (TF's split like cells to reproduce, etc.)

I gotta go with the cartoon BM/G1 continuaity its always appealed to me more then the others although Dreamwave so far is doing a damn fine job nontheless :thumb

:clap amen :pfx

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for the show...it just is the most logical possibilty. Beyond the constructicons appearing on Cybertron (that's just stupid), what's the continuity problems (with flashback history stuff, not current day stuff, since there are WAY too many ways to explain away anything like that)

Some things don't make sense though, like Grimlock. He was built on Earth, so how could he be on Cybertron during War Within, where are the other Dinobots? It's all very minor stuff though, and could easily be the exact same thing as the Constructicon origin issue... Yes WW is AWSOME. I would love to see a TV series. I doubt that will happen though...

Even in the Marvel Continuity the Dinobots were not created on Earth. They were dispatched during the Jurassic Period by Teletran 1 to Combat Shockwave.

Problems with the show:

1. If they made the Dinobots on Earth, why did they need Vector Sigma to create the Arialbots? Why did they not need VS to create the Dinobots?

As for G2 comic being an alternate, simply not true. The events in that comic directly follow the Unicron saga at the close of the G1 comic.
No they didn't. I'm sure it says in the first issue that the G2 series is not to be regarded as a direct follow-on. I'll check the isuue later to confirm.

Sorry about that then, I admit I didn't read many of the comics after I saw the cell-splitting thing... Could you explain the original comic version YOU know to me?

As revealed during the final issues of G1, Primus and Unicron were Gods of Order and Chaos, they fought for ages, destroying large portions of the universe in the process. Seeing the destruction, Primus led Unicron into the astral plain, hoping to contain the carnage they were causing. However, Primus fared no better on the spiritual plain and hatched a plan. He lead Unicrom back into the physical realm but instead of solidifying into their usual form (think Hot Rod-esque for Primus and pretty much the same robot form for Unicron) they emerged into large asteroids (or dead planets).

The shock of this made each lie dormant for a long time. Eventually, Primus found that he could manipulate the minerals in the asteroid and fashioned a living, metal world he named Cybertron. Also, he created the Transformers race as the universe's last line of defense should Unicron ever return. The original Transformers wer birthed from the ground of Cybertron itself. They were born from it, like flowers rising from the dirt.

However, Unicron had also learned to control his new prison and, through the psychic link he shared with Primus, copied his enemy's idea, but instead of creating a race, he created a planet which could itself transform. Once he awoke, he began to consume whole worlds to power his new form.

It would be many millenia before he finally discover the location of Cyberton.

G2 takes the idea further and says that the first race of Cybertronians reproduced through a form of cell-division, with a new robot being created directly from the "Parent." After a number of generations, a circuit was thrown (Prime believed this to be a natural, and neccessary, part of their evolution), causing a species-wide amnesia. No one remembered how their race came about and no one knew about the cell-divison, as the ability to reproduce had also been blocked.

(In this story, while the Cybertonians were away, a band of TF's discovered how to reproduce and this led to a new generation of TF's who were neither Autobot nor Deception.)

*ahem*

Ok, I apologise. I was sure that G2 wasn't a direct continuation of G1. I was sure that I'd read words to that effect in the first issue.

However, I don't have the issue to hand (only scans of it, with no letters page) and everything I've found online says that, in fact, G2 was a direct follow-on.

I think where I got consfused was the back cover of G2 Issue # 1 (see attached image below)

I also found this line from here: http://tfdatabase.com/comic/guide/g2_us/special.html

This is set after "End of the Road", as hinted at by the cast, but before any of the other Generation 2 stuff.

So, sorry for sounding so pig-headed!

post-5-1078754458.jpg

I had to vote for the G1 TF because basically thats where it all started for me. The G1 comics would follow in second place. The rest is ok but I'm not at all that knocked out by them but I like them because they are after all TF. I just wish they would come out with more in depth info on the origins of the TF like Optimus Prime, Megatron ect. I really would love to get a history of Optimus Prime because he is my all time favorite all. But G1 TF cartoons get my vote.

"One shall stand, and one shall fall because Megatron must be stopped no matter the cost"

Archived