Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which history is the TRUE Transformer history?

Which telling is the REAL TF history? 44 members have voted

  1. 1. Which telling is the REAL TF history?

    • 1. G1 TV episodes (Orion Pax, TF's built by Quintessons, etc.)
      58%
      23
    • 2. Dreamwave, War Within (TF's don't know origins)
      35%
      14
    • 3. Older comics (TF's split like cells to reproduce, etc.)
      5%
      2

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Author
In War Within, wasn't the pre-Prime called Optronix.

 

 

The Hard-wired novels went a step further and explained that Optronix was his proper name and that he was called Orion Pax by his friends. (Sounds like a wierd nickname to me, but I'm not a TF)

Optronix? Can anyone confirm this as an official name? That's in the NOVELS, which have nothing to do with the DW comics right?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the G1 cartoon's explanation was the most believable, if not the most interesting.

Optronix? Can anyone confirm this as an official name? That's in the NOVELS, which have nothing to do with the DW comics right?

those novels are in the DW continuity, but you don't have to read them to get the comic continuity or vice versa. Kinda like all the different Batman, Superman, X-Men, Spider-Man comic book titles that don't relate to each other much (with the exception of the annual crossovers)

  • Author

I like the TV version best myself... I'm waiting for a more DETAILED history in WW before I decide whether I change my mind or not. WW hasn't been out long enough to fully explain its story... So far it looks VERY promising to me though.

  • Author
Optronix?  Can anyone confirm this as an official name?  That's in the NOVELS, which have nothing to do with the DW comics right?

those novels are in the DW continuity, but you don't have to read them to get the comic continuity or vice versa. Kinda like all the different Batman, Superman, X-Men, Spider-Man comic book titles that don't relate to each other much (with the exception of the annual crossovers)

I've never seen these novels, where can I get them? what are they titled?

Well Primus is Cybertron. I love the War within orgins. The Marvel run did explain Unicron and Primus's orgins, at least some of it. The Cell divions? Not in any Marvel Transformers I read but I didn't get Gen 2. And if you don't like War Within then I don't understand. It's awesome.

  • Author
Well Primus is Cybertron. I love the War within orgins. The Marvel run did explain Unicron and Primus's orgins, at least some of it. The Cell divions? Not in any Marvel Transformers I read but I didn't get Gen 2. And if you don't like War Within then I don't understand. It's awesome.

Some things don't make sense though, like Grimlock. He was built on Earth, so how could he be on Cybertron during War Within, where are the other Dinobots? It's all very minor stuff though, and could easily be the exact same thing as the Constructicon origin issue... Yes WW is AWSOME. I would love to see a TV series. I doubt that will happen though...

Some things don't make sense though, like Grimlock. He was built on Earth, so how could he be on Cybertron during War Within, where are the other Dinobots? It's all very minor stuff though, and could easily be the exact same thing as the Constructicon origin issue... Yes WW is AWSOME. I would love to see a TV series. I doubt that will happen though...

In DW continuity the dinobots were not built on earth. They aren't even called dinobots, yet anyway. All of them make an appearence in WWI vol 2.

Some things don't make sense though, like Grimlock. He was built on Earth, so how could he be on Cybertron during War Within, where are the other Dinobots? It's all very minor stuff though, and could easily be the exact same thing as the Constructicon origin issue... Yes WW is AWSOME. I would love to see a TV series. I doubt that will happen though...

War Within is not cartoon continuity. DW is establishing their own continuity, and doing a good job at that. Just about everyone that was built on earth in the cartoon, existed on Cybertron before going to earth in the DW continuity. Including the Dinobots, who are referred to as the Lightning Strike Coalition in War Within vol 2. I also like how Mick and Furman together closely so that events in War Within can be carried over to the G1 ongoing.

I gotta go with the cartoon BM/G1 continuaity its always appealed to me more then the others although Dreamwave so far is doing a damn fine job nontheless :thumb

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.