Which history is the TRUE Transformer history?

JIN

Which telling is the REAL TF history?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which telling is the REAL TF history?

• 1. G1 TV episodes (Orion Pax, TF's built by Quintessons, etc.)
    • 2. Dreamwave, War Within (TF's don't know origins)
    • 3. Older comics (TF's split like cells to reproduce, etc.)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nope, no name was mentioned. But keep reading War Within and G1 for more revelations of the TFs origins

Ok then... what should we call this nameless prePrime? Just for future discussions sake (or until a name is revealed). Orion Pax 2? Face Plate Pax? Archivist Prime?

In War Within, wasn't the pre-Prime called Optronix.

The Hard-wired novels went a step further and explained that Optronix was his proper name and that he was called Orion Pax by his friends. (Sounds like a wierd nickname to me, but I'm not a TF)

That poll isn't fair. Cell division was a G2 idea, not G1.

G2 wasn't a direct follow-on from the original Marvel series. It was more like an alternate reality storyline (like the sequels to "2001: A Space Oddessy" )

The idea that the TF were created by Primus was G1 and is my personal favourite idea.

Although fair play to Dreamwave for meshing all the continuities together. They're doing a really good job of it so far...

That poll isn't fair. Cell division was a G2 idea, not G1.

G2 wasn't a direct follow-on from the original Marvel series. It was more like an alternate reality storyline (like the sequels to "2001: A Space Oddessy" )

The idea that the TF were created by Primus was G1 and is my personal favourite idea.

Although fair play to Dreamwave for meshing all the continuities together. They're doing a really good job of it so far...

Sorry about that then, I admit I didn't read many of the comics after I saw the cell-splitting thing... Could you explain the original comic version YOU know to me?

Also, I never saw the episode that explains Unicrons origins. I've heard some stuff on other forums but it seemed pretty vague. I thought, what if Unicron is yet ANOTHER Quintesson creation? I mean, WHAT have the Quintessons been DOING those tens of millions of years since they were banished from Cybertron? I thought perhaps Unicron was created to exact revenge upon all their creations. Have you noticed ALL the planets Unicron devoured were inhabited by Cybertronian-like beings, at least in the movie? I think they ALL were Quintesson creations that some time or another forced the Quintessons off their respective "planets"(which actually are giant robot building factories). This is just something I was thinking, though there is NO evidence to support it. I just thought it would be an interesting theory...

for Unicron's cartoon origin go here and scroll down to Call of the Primatives. As for G2 comic being an alternate, simply not true. The events in that comic directly follow the Unicron saga at the close of the G1 comic.

I believe "Call of the Primatives" explains Unicron's origin. (at least in the 'toon)

After reading that, there's no way Unicron can be a "god" if he was created. Thus, he is not the anti-Primus, thus there is no Primus... Right? Yet in BW it's clear they believe in this Primus. Or in WW, in the unused design section, showed Primus is Cybertron, or at least a Cybertron-like planet. I do not think Unicron or Primus are "gods" encased in giant robot shells, I think they are giant creations from ancient origins. Over millions of years the TF's made legends out of Primus, making him a "god". That seems the most rational explanation to me, any more ideas?

Archived