Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

TFormers Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Leader Class Megatron

Recommended Posts

So after all this time of saying "OH HELLZ NO I'M NOT TOUCHING LEADER CLASS MEGATRON ZOMG", I caved.

 

I picked up Leader Megatron today.

 

Now, I have been a detractor of this figure because of the lack of head articulation and questionable color choices.

 

And now having spent some time with him, I must say that I was wrong. He's not perfect, but he's far from horrible. Good poseability, imposing stature, and a very detailed mold and an awesome headsculpt.

 

The instructions - as previously mentioned by others - are completely useless. It was only after I had tossed them aside that I finally transformed him successfully into the Alien Jet Of Doom.

 

So yeah, he's nice. Even nicer after I switched the spring from his fusion cannon to his mace.

 

I am now debating on whether or not to cut off the tab that locks his head in place. It really doesn't do anything, as the legs lock the entire back end of him in alt. mode. It looks like if that wasn't there, his head would have a lot more articulation without looking akward.

 

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy025.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy024.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy023.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy021.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy019.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy014.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy013.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy05.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy03.jpg

 

And this one is most likely the repaint....behold........

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GALVATRON!!!! :mwahaha

TFTM2007LeaderClassGALVATRONLOLZcop.jpg

I'm kind of in the same boat- didn't expect to want Leader Megs, but now I do. Hope I can still find him in a few weeks after my checking account recovers. Def. looking forward to make some improvements on him, just wish I could paint worth a damn.

Great review.

 

Having now found Ironhide I'm now down to LC Megatron and Starscream. Starscream's a no brainer but I'm somewhat still on the fence with Megatron. Long question short. Is he worth the money. Leader class Prime was about 75 CND & I definitely got what I payed for as it's a fantastic mold but Megatron in comparison is hard to justify. I want a Leader Meagatron to lead the movie Decepticons but with an impressive LC Brawl on the horizon I don't know if I'm willing to do both. :redface

...cut off the tab that locks his head in place....

 

If you're talking about the tab I think you're talking about, that'd be bad. Considering the tab not only locks the head portion, but also locks the nose of his Cybertronian Jet Mode preventing it from moving.

 

Now, if you mean the tab that goes UNDER his head when it's locked, then that's a different story, and by all means, try it out. If it works, let us know.

I agree, Leader Megs is great.

 

Loki, it is worth the money, IMO. i was just as satisfied with him as Prime. I also find Megs a little more easy to handle. Prime has a lot of kibble whereas Megs is pretty clean. If you have the extra cash, GET HIM!

 

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

How do you form the fusion cannon??? I can't figure it out for the life of me!

Fusion cannon isnt too hard....I can take pics later but for now I will type it out.

 

Ok, first you take megatrons hands, and you can fold them back and clip them into his forearms. When doing this you will notice there is a peg on megatrons finger that can be put into a hole on his forearm. Now both of his hands are folded back, you will see there are two gray plastic tabs that are on megatrons left arm around the wrist area(his left will be on your right when facing the toy). You clip that onto his wrist on the right arm (once again, your left). So basically once you fold the arms back, bring his two arms together and you will notice where the clip is and where it fits. Then all you do is pull the cannon forward and there ya go!

I for one love the figure in both modes. The jet is creepy and menacing, I love it.

Great toy design + poor paint choice = Confused consumers

 

I think only with the advent of all the Leader Megs paint customs popping up have people seen that Megs is a cool toy.

 

 

I've yet to pick it up though, as that's another 40 bucks I'd rather not spend at the moment.

  • Author

PICS!!!

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy036.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy035.jpg

 

"Is it courage or fear that compels you, fleshling?"

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy030.jpg

 

"Give me the cube, boy!"

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy031.jpg

 

"MWAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!"

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy032.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy034.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy029.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy028.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy027.jpg

 

TFTM2007LeaderClassMegatroncopy026.jpg

Wow those are great pics Shockwave 2005!

 

Do you have the voyager Megatron? If so what are the differences between the two?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!
SOCIAL NETWORKS

ToyNewsI MarvelousNews Tformers JediInsider
Entertainment News International (ENI) is the oldest, largest, and most popular news source for adult toy collectors (kidults) all around the world.

Get the scoop every day on all the popular culture action figures, comics, games, movies, toys, and more!

Contact and Support
Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy


All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Please Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.